Queen 40 Book

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen 40 Book

Postby mikespit » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am

Finally picked up my copy yesterday.... and LOVE IT!!!!

It's good read, and I love the inserts.... did you all get the stickers at the back of the book?

Where do you all keep your good books (like the Freddie book, and the Queen 40 book)... they deserve a display cabinet of their own!

Proud to be a stepford and loving it!

mikespit
Spread Your Wings

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Yup, I got the stickers!! Right now mine's just sitting on the end table beside my chair for easy access!! :P :biggrin:
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Postby Vali » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Today arrived my spanish edition and, as well as the CD interview being also incomplete ...

the outter box is missing !!!

And it´s not a mistake only in my book; I´ve seen the book in the stores and, surprise, I guess I´ll have to pay some extra cash for the english edition if I wanna get that beautiful box.

My most sincere congratulations to QPL and the spanish publisher for keeping up the usual standard of quality in recent Queen releases.

Shame, shame, shame

:red:

ps: awaiting the download link of the box, G. When available, please let me know. Thanks.
Bring out the charge of the love brigade ...

Vali
Spread Your Wings

Postby play it cool » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Message from amazon.co.uk:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby ultraviolet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 am

play it cool wrote:Message from amazon.co.uk:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Sad that folks who would love to get a great book are stopped from purchasing by a few tossers who are moaning about sth which is so unnecessary like a hole in the head.
All that crap again????

ultraviolet
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 am

Uv, why can't you accept some folks are not happy with some products? You sound worse than anyone who bought problems with this to light.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Dusty » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 am

If its' something that's not as advertised, then they have a legitimate complaint, and Amazon have every right to address the issue while the publishers sort this out. it's not the first time this has happened. When Rhino records brought out the Yes: In A Word CD boxset, disc 5 wasn't printed properly, and as a result, about three tracks were seriously f*cked up. Complaints to Amazon led to Rhino records withdrawing the boxset until the problem with disc 5 was addressed, and all future issues had good quality discs throughout.

Now me, I'm not bothered either way about the book as I have no interest in buying it, but I do understand why there's a hoo-har about it.

Dusty

Postby ultraviolet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Dusty wrote:If its' something that's not as advertised, then they have a legitimate complaint, and Amazon have every right to address the issue while the publishers sort this out. it's not the first time this has happened. When Rhino records brought out the Yes: In A Word CD boxset, disc 5 wasn't printed properly, and as a result, about three tracks were seriously f*cked up. Complaints to Amazon led to Rhino records withdrawing the boxset until the problem with disc 5 was addressed, and all future issues had good quality discs throughout.

Now me, I'm not bothered either way about the book as I have no interest in buying it, but I do understand why there's a hoo-har about it.

Again you do not get it (like all the others). The CD is NOT faulty (so you can easily forget your comment about a mispressed cd b/c it is just another case). It was NEVER advertised as being the full interview. I also guess most people who bought the book did not even listen to the interview (like me - well I did but then fell asleep after 10 min into it and never played it again). I already wonder what comes next - well there are alraedy those who complain about the different stuff on the documentary bluray/DVD's. Sad.....
All that crap again????

ultraviolet
We Will Rock You

Postby bradstix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:42 pm

How long does the incomplete/faulty CD interview go for? How long should it go for? How do I know if I got the right disc? =)

bradstix
Spread Your Wings

Postby Non-Stop Dancer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:14 pm

ultraviolet wrote:
play it cool wrote:Message from amazon.co.uk:

Item Under Review

Sad that folks who would love to get a great book are stopped from purchasing by a few tossers who are moaning about sth which is so unnecessary like a hole in the head.

Where does it mention in the Amazon message that the CD is the issue in question?
I'll give you a clue..it doesn't.

Non-Stop Dancer

Postby Non-Stop Dancer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 pm

ultraviolet wrote:
Dusty wrote:If its' something that's not as advertised, then they have a legitimate complaint, and Amazon have every right to address the issue while the publishers sort this out. it's not the first time this has happened. When Rhino records brought out the Yes: In A Word CD boxset, disc 5 wasn't printed properly, and as a result, about three tracks were seriously f*cked up. Complaints to Amazon led to Rhino records withdrawing the boxset until the problem with disc 5 was addressed, and all future issues had good quality discs throughout.

Again you do not get it (like all the others). The CD is NOT faulty (so you can easily forget your comment about a mispressed cd b/c it is just another case). It was NEVER advertised as being the full interview. I also guess most people who bought the book did not even listen to the interview (like me - well I did but then fell asleep after 10 min into it and never played it again). I already wonder what comes next - well there are alraedy those who complain about the different stuff on the documentary bluray/DVD's. Sad.....

Bonoboy:

Posted by The Sixpence:

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:47 pm
I've just come off the phone with Carlton ooks. The man I spoke to said he has spoken to Queen Productions this morning about the problem and what appears to have happened is that the interview, as has been stated already, came in two parts and for copyright reasons the music in the interview had to be edited out of it before release. QPL supplied them with two files for the CD BUT rather than it being part one and part two of the interview it turned out to be part one across the two files. The error for this lies squarely at the fault of QPL so feel free to direct your vitriol towards them now we actually know what the exact story is!

The gentleman I spoke to was extremely apologetic and said that they were extremely upset when the error came to light but it was due to circusmstances out of their control - though I have to say they could have checked the files a bit better before going to print!

What is being done to rectify this is that at some point next week they will be contacting everyone who has emailed them at enquiries@carltonbooks.co.uk and asking themfor their address details if they would like to receive a replacement CD from them (if they do not already have them). I have been told this will take two to three weeks to get them printed off (don't shoot the messenger here!) and that there is a further plan for the interview to be hosted by Queen Online for people to download if they do not want to wait for the CD.
What's the difference between Bono and Jesus? Jesus doesn't walk around thinking he's Bono.

Non-Stop Dancer

Postby bradstix » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

I emailed Amazon.co.uk about this issue first and they are sending me a new book free of charge and told me to keep the old one or donate it to a charity.

i got the sound files from the publisher too, but I'm assuming the disc in the amazon book will be the same...

bradstix
Spread Your Wings

Postby nicksmithworld » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

If you have 'the Works' bookshop in your local area the book is currently £9.99 :D

Don't worry Lemmy, I've done the maths! :P
‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby BitterTears » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm

I noticed when I was in HMV yesterday that they had a 'HMV Exclusive Content' sticker on. Anyone know what extra content you get if you buy it at HMV?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby dragononmyback » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 am

nicksmithworld wrote:If you have 'the Works' bookshop in your local area the book is currently £9.99 :D

Don't worry Lemmy, I've done the maths! :P

I noticed yesterday that Asda are now selling it for £10 as well.
No synthesisers were used in the production of this post.

dragononmyback
Spread Your Wings

Yay! A speech bubble

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On