The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Another_Roger wrote:How long does it take from they start shooting the movie until release?

Depends entirely on the nature of the movie.

For something like this, which wouldn't have any elaborate sets or extensive special effects work, it can be surprisingly fast.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury
 
Leigh Burne
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:57 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon May 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:How long does it take from they start shooting the movie until release?

Depends entirely on the nature of the movie.

For something like this, which wouldn't have any elaborate sets or extensive special effects work, it can be surprisingly fast.


Yeah, I should think this film will require minimal effort with regards to effects, elaborate sets, etc.; I reckon 18 months is long enough to get this film done and dusted.

I haven't felt this apprehensive about a Queen project for a very long time. Most things nowadays I can take or leave - but this has to be done right.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2540
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby icy » Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
Leigh Burne wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:How long does it take from they start shooting the movie until release?

Depends entirely on the nature of the movie.

For something like this, which wouldn't have any elaborate sets or extensive special effects work, it can be surprisingly fast.


Yeah, I should think this film will require minimal effort with regards to effects, elaborate sets, etc.; I reckon 18 months is long enough to get this film done and dusted.

I haven't felt this apprehensive about a Queen project for a very long time. Most things nowadays I can take or leave - but this has to be done right.

Quick post. It has to be done right, and I sure hope it will be, because Freddie and all the people he worked with through the years( brings up this point, how many of those people will be featured in the movie) and even the fans, deserve this to be done right. It's so up and down about this film...but I hope with the time frame, that it is done with the best of intentions. I'm still wary about it, but it's once again piquing my interest.
Please powers that be...do good with this. The last I want to see is something that is less than deserving of Freddie's lfe and legacy.
ETA~Longer post than I thought it would be.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14546
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 am

icy wrote:Quick post. It has to be done right, and I sure hope it will be, because Freddie and all the people he worked with through the years( brings up this point, how many of those people will be featured in the movie) and even the fans, deserve this to be done right. It's so up and down about this film...but I hope with the time frame, that it is done with the best of intentions. I'm still wary about it, but it's once again piquing my interest.
Please powers that be...do good with this. The last I want to see is something that is less than deserving of Freddie's lfe and legacy.
ETA~Longer post than I thought it would be.


Hello Icy! Nice to see you back. I hope you are well and happy. :)
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2540
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Peace Loving Guy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:41 am

If you want to know when the film is shooting, answer this fiendishly difficult puzzle. What stops on August 5th and doesn't start up again for no apparent reason until November 1st?
 
Peace Loving Guy
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:00 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests