The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby MillionaireWaltz'd » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm extremely apprehensive about this film, truly. I personally wanted it to stay in "development Hell", I will admit.

But since it's being made - I really, really hope it focuses a lot on '71-'79 era Queen and the '87-'91 era, as well.

I'm worried that 1980-1986 will be the bulk of the film, though.

I think my fears are well founded, too. Given the fact that both Queen and pop culture in general wants nothing to do with showing anything other than moustache-era Freddie/Queen.

Seriously, I'm surprised that someone (or Queen itself) hasn't Photo-Shopped a moustache on every photo Freddie took from 1946-1980 and from 1987-1991.
 
MillionaireWaltz'd
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am

I'm really looking forward to the movie. I think it will be great.
 
Baba
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Would be strange if they didnt have a new song for this film in some form. But I'd rather see them record it with Marc.


Why would it be strange? I think it would be strange to add a new track on a film about Freddie. They have all the music they require for this project - please don't go and spoil the whole thing by releasing what is inevitably going to be a substandard and weak song; it will only make them look like they are trying to jump on the publicity wagon to promote any new song.

Personally, I would love to see them dust down one or two tracks from the archive.


Yeah, maybe you are right about that. I certainly don't want Adam Lambert anywhere near the film. Maybe they could make a scene where they practice "Silver Salmon" in the movie with Marc on Vocals or something. ;)
 
Another_Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Would be strange if they didnt have a new song for this film in some form. But I'd rather see them record it with Marc.


Why would it be strange? I think it would be strange to add a new track on a film about Freddie. They have all the music they require for this project - please don't go and spoil the whole thing by releasing what is inevitably going to be a substandard and weak song; it will only make them look like they are trying to jump on the publicity wagon to promote any new song.

Personally, I would love to see them dust down one or two tracks from the archive.


Yeah, maybe you are right about that. I certainly don't want Adam Lambert anywhere near the film. Maybe they could make a scene where they practice "Silver Salmon" in the movie with Marc on Vocals or something. ;)


No; we definitely do not want to hear a new QAL track for this movie: not only would it be illogical but it would also bring some unwanted negativity to the film. I think they should just dust down an old unfinished track or two with The Man on vocals.

Hopefully we shall hear some more details about the film itself from Phoebe soon (he is just waiting to get the permission from the film company to write about a few things). :)
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4202
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 445 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby YAFF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 am

BitterTears wrote:Surely no one grudges them recording 1 song together..?


I do if they try to smear their Lambert feces on any official Queen (not Queen +) product. If Lameberace is even mentioned in the film or on the soundtrack I shall withhold my patronage. No fucking way will they sneak one past me. QAL is embarrassing crap to anyone with good taste. It just is. They can do whatever they want with their game show runner-up but keep it away from anything involving Freddie. Because it won't go over well.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Spook2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:21 am

MillionaireWaltz'd wrote:I'm extremely apprehensive about this film, truly. I personally wanted it to stay in "development Hell", I will admit.

But since it's being made - I really, really hope it focuses a lot on '71-'79 era Queen and the '87-'91 era, as well.

I'm worried that 1980-1986 will be the bulk of the film, though.

I think my fears are well founded, too. Given the fact that both Queen and pop culture in general wants nothing to do with showing anything other than moustache-era Freddie/Queen.

Seriously, I'm surprised that someone (or Queen itself) hasn't Photo-Shopped a moustache on every photo Freddie took from 1946-1980 and from 1987-1991.


as far as I am aware the film goes upto 1985 Live Aid

my belief is if it is a success, Bo Rap part 2 will be made 85 - 91.

it does leave the door open
 
Spook2
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:57 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:21 am

YAFF wrote:
BitterTears wrote:Surely no one grudges them recording 1 song together..?


I do if they try to smear their Lambert feces on any official Queen (not Queen +) product. If Lameberace is even mentioned in the film or on the soundtrack I shall withhold my patronage. No fucking way will they sneak one past me. QAL is embarrassing crap to anyone with good taste. It just is. They can do whatever they want with their game show runner-up but keep it away from anything involving Freddie. Because it won't go over well.

I hope Q+AL will not have a thing to do with this movie. Even with AL reportedly included as an extra puts a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't mind if he is left on the cutting room floor. I don't hate the guy, but Brian and Roger had already hyped and promoted him more than enough by now.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 am

I've always thought it would be a very bad idea to have Adam anything to do with the film but after Yaff's comment I almost wish they'd make him one of Freddie's lovers. Almost.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:03 am

sharon20 wrote:I've always thought it would be a very bad idea to have Adam anything to do with the film but after Yaff's comment I almost wish they'd make him one of Freddie's lovers. Almost.

Why do you feel that way, because AL has said he would like a part as one of Freddie's lovers?
AL should not have anything to do with this film at all, IMO. The last I'd want to see the film as even more promotion and hype for AL. There's been more than enough of that already.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 am

I've never heard Adam even mention the film, I simply meant because of Yaff's nasty way of commenting, just to pee him off. Like I said (Almost). I don't think he should be in the film either.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby CNB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Would be strange if they didnt have a new song for this film in some form. But I'd rather see them record it with Marc.


Why would it be strange? I think it would be strange to add a new track on a film about Freddie. They have all the music they require for this project - please don't go and spoil the whole thing by releasing what is inevitably going to be a substandard and weak song; it will only make them look like they are trying to jump on the publicity wagon to promote any new song.

Personally, I would love to see them dust down one or two tracks from the archive.


I agree! I don’t think either Adam or Marc should be connected to this film at all. It should be Freddie’s original voice or no one. But Yaff’s nasty remarks are totally unnecessary, unwarranted and disgusting!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 am

sharon20 wrote:I've never heard Adam even mention the film, I simply meant because of Yaff's nasty way of commenting, just to pee him off. Like I said (Almost). I don't think he should be in the film either.

AL said at one point last year he wanted to be a part of the film as one of Freddie's lovers. It's been discussed in here. I found it very crass when AL said that. That put a bad taste in my mouth, sometimes AL seems so careless in what he comes out with.
AL should not have anything to do with this film. If he is a part of the soundtrack, I won't be pleased. Actually, I don't want him to have anything to do with it all. There is no good reason for him to be involved anyway.
Last edited by icy on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

Ah right, must have missed that, where did he say it, in an interview?
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 am

sharon20 wrote:Ah right, must have missed that, where did he say it, in an interview?

Yup. I can't link to it, but if you search this thread you might find the posts about it. I will go look the page number up because I can't post links.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 am

Cheers, I did a search but all that came up was speculation about Adam playing Freddie from something said in 2014.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests