The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby soxtalon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Campea is not really a producer. He's a YouTube Content creator. He does have some inside sources though and he is very intelligent about the film industry. I wouldn't take what he says as truth..,

Been following Campea for a long long time :)

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:09 pm

soxtalon wrote:Campea is not really a producer. He's a YouTube Content creator. He does have some inside sources though and he is very intelligent about the film industry. I wouldn't take what he says as truth..,

Been following Campea for a long long time :)

Probably very true! But I feel his opinions/guesses are very qualified. He is obviously very knowledgeable about the industry, so his opinions have quite some weight to me. :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Not much news on the film lately - for obvious reasons.

The only small bits of relevant info I have found is that some of the cast attended the QAL shows in London (Rami was particularly impressed) and that a few more cast members have been named. They are taking things very seriously it seems - Mary's father is actually played by a deaf actor...no cutting back on realism there; also, Freddie's mother will feature in the film.

So, not much to get too excited about lately...but at least the film is still on track for its December release next year. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Hutchence » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Any updates on the movie- are they shooting it or is it on hold ?!

Funny how Brian went silent after the "Singer incident", before that he was constantly posting bits and pieces about the movie etc and now- silenzio stampa ! :)

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Hutchence wrote:Any updates on the movie- are they shooting it or is it on hold ?!

Funny how Brian went silent after the "Singer incident", before that he was constantly posting bits and pieces about the movie etc and now- silenzio stampa ! :)

From the odd little snippets I have read, shooting will commence again in the new year. It will be finished.

And I think Brian just probably wishes to remain impartial - at least until anything definite about Singer is revealed.

I am positive we will still see this in cinemas by Xmas next year. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Brian's also been a little busy with other Queen related activities lately...

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Lover Boy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 pm

I was watching the HBO TV mini-series The Pacific and was pleasantly surprised to see that both Joseph Mazzello and Rami Malek had many scenes together. Their chemistry is great. I had no idea they had a work history together. Pretty cool.

phpBB [video]

And a fun video. :)
phpBB [video]

Lover Boy
We Will Rock You

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Well, we are back in the saddle! The film is back in production this week. I was beginning to get a little worried about how quiet things were, but at least we now know it's being finished for definite.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AngelR » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Well, we are back in the saddle! The film is back in production this week. I was beginning to get a little worried about how quiet things were, but at least we now know it's being finished for definite.

Thanks for the update! I was worried as well. I'm sure the film will get a lot of publicity due to the Grammy ceremony in June. Would it be too early for the trailer demonstration on the actual day of the Grammy's - can't imagine a better promotion for the movie?
Wondering if they knew about their nomination some time in advance or is it just a lucky coincidence?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 pm

AngelR wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Well, we are back in the saddle! The film is back in production this week. I was beginning to get a little worried about how quiet things were, but at least we now know it's being finished for definite.

Thanks for the update! I was worried as well. I'm sure the film will get a lot of publicity due to the Grammy ceremony in June. Would it be too early for the trailer demonstration on the actual day of the Grammy's - can't imagine a better promotion for the movie?
Wondering if they knew about their nomination some time in advance or is it just a lucky coincidence?

I think this film has had all the publicity it needs! What with all the change of directors, leading actors, scriptwriters...and, obviously, the scandal surrounding Singer. It features on every highly-anticipated 2018 film release list I have seen online. I think the whole world and its wife must know about it by now.

But, yes, what a great idea you have offered: a trailer at the Grammys would be absolutely perfect. All the shooting will be in the can well before then, so a mini trailer should be more than feasible. Finger's crossed. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Another_Roger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Good news! But where did you read this? :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Another_Roger wrote:

Good news! But where did you read this? :)

On Joe Mazzello's Twitter feed today. He just stated that he was heading back to London to continue with Bohemian Rhapsody part two. Let's hope there is some more news in the coming weeks. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby QueenUSA » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am

I hope that it's a hit here in the States but I fear it won't be.

QueenUSA
The Show Must Go On

Postby soxtalon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 am

^ I thought so too but surprisingly I've seen it on many US film media's "Most Anticipated of 2018" lists. Many more than I would have thought....

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Lover Boy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:00 am

It's impossible to know if it'll be a hit in the states. What I do know is the actors look great. It drives me nuts I can't see them acting though. I need a trailer. NOW! lol

Lover Boy
We Will Rock You

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On