The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby CNB » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:12 am

Adam is like Freddie. No one is going to be able to play HIM either! :lol: :P
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:11 am

CNB wrote:Adam is like Freddie. No one is going to be able to play HIM either! :lol: :P

I don't even have to think about this. If they wanted someone to play Lambert, it would be easier to find an actor/singer to fit his bill.
Freddie on the other hand...it will be much harder for anyone to play/sing even close to him.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Khashoggi » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Kes wrote:Marc Martel?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys are brilliant!
2005 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, Rhein Energie Stadium (Köln)
2008 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, TUI-Arena (Hannover)
2015 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Lanxess Arena (Köln)
2016 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Rhein Energie Stadium (Köln)
2017 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Olympiahalle (Munich)

Khashoggi
We Will Rock You

Take a holiday on Khashoggi's Ship..

Postby hachiman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Rami talks about playing him on Jimmy Kimmel.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by hachiman on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

hachiman
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

hachiman wrote:Rami talks about playing him on Jimmy kimmel.

phpBB [video]

Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 pm

CNB wrote:Adam is like Freddie. No one is going to be able to play HIM either! :lol: :P

No CNB, he's nothing like Freddie. Freddie was unique, a total one off, a musical genius who created one of the most famous songs of the last century, who fronted one of the most famous bands in the world, who wowed the world with his Live Aid performance and to this very day is still a performer who holds a special place in music history.

Adam Lambert is an ok singer (if you like that sort of cabaret thing...) who was on a talent show. Get real and stop this nonsense.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:32 am

fairydandy wrote:

No CNB, he's nothing like Freddie. Freddie was unique, a total one off, a musical genius who created one of the most famous songs of the last century, who fronted one of the most famous bands in the world, who wowed the world with his Live Aid performance and to this very day is still a performer who holds a special place in music history.

Adam Lambert is an ok singer (if you like that sort of cabaret thing...) who was on a talent show. Get real and stop this nonsense.

If you've already watched this video, then just ignore it by all means. Adam is way more than a cabaret singer in his ability to perform all genres of music! I'm not comparing him to Freddie in all aspects of Freddie's unique talent. I'm saying Adam is unique and special in what he is able to achieve with his vocal instrument that other current singers are not able to match!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8z25PqbKtw&app=desktop
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 am

CNB wrote:
If you've already watched this video, then just ignore it by all means. Adam is way more than a cabaret singer in his ability to perform all genres of music! I'm not comparing him to Freddie in all aspects of Freddie's unique talent. I'm saying Adam is unique and special in what he is able to achieve with his vocal instrument that other current singers are not able to match!

I'm not watching the link, I never, ever watch the links that you post, no more than anyone does. If I wanted to watch Adam Lambert videos, I know where YouTube is and I know how to use the search function. :?

Your words are hollow, because you 'are' comparing him, you're continually force-feeding that garbage down our throats as if we will suddenly agree with you. He's an 'ok' vocalist, it's no big deal, there are similar vocalists on the X Factor or similar shows in every country now...these singers are almost two-a-penny these days (we had on the other week, he came second on the X Factor, Matt Terry and he was every bit as good a singer as Lambert).

What you are attempting to do here is ridiculous. It's rather like Will Young joining The Beatles and then making comparisons with him to the genius of Lennon or Mc Cartney. It's simply absurd. You're reducing Freddie to a mere singer and the man was an absolute genius.

Adam Lambert is just an 'ok' singer in a world full of 'ok' singers, get over it.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:29 am

CNB wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

Funny. When you give examples of AL being unique, special, you always show him doing cover songs. And what's more funny you always state he can sing all genres of music, some of which he has not even tried!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:42 am

fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:

I'm not watching the link, I never, ever watch the links that you post, no more than anyone does. If I wanted to watch Adam Lambert videos, I know where YouTube is and I know how to use the search function. :?

Your words are hollow, because you 'are' comparing him, you're continually force-feeding that garbage down our throats as if we will suddenly agree with you. He's an 'ok' vocalist, it's no big deal, there are similar vocalists on the X Factor or similar shows in every country now...these singers are almost two-a-penny these days (we had on the other week, he came second on the X Factor, Matt Terry and he was every bit as good a singer as Lambert).

What you are attempting to do here is ridiculous. It's rather like Will Young joining The Beatles and then making comparisons with him to the genius of Lennon or Mc Cartney. It's simply absurd. You're reducing Freddie to a mere singer and the man was an absolute genius.

Adam Lambert is just an 'ok' singer in a world full of 'ok' singers, get over it.

Freddie's blood, sweat and tears, not only for his vocals, but his stage performances and his lyrics, I dare say he will be a legend for many years yet. And so it should be. I don't use the word genius often, but that's what Freddie was no doubt in my mind.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:40 pm

I watched Matt Terry on X Factor UK and like him very much! BTW he came in first and won over the girl from Finland who performed the BoRhap duet with Adam! Matt has a very nice voice and I wish him the very best in his budding career! Maybe he will be the next front man for Brian and Roger? No one will ever match or replace Freddie as I have been respectfully saying for 5 years now in this Forum!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:14 pm

CNB wrote:I watched Matt Terry on X Factor UK and like him very much! BTW he came in first and won over the girl from Finland who performed the BoRhap duet with Adam! Matt has a very nice voice and I wish him the very best in his budding career! Maybe he will be the next front man for Brian and Roger? No one will ever match or replace Freddie as I have been respectfully saying for 5 years now in this Forum!

He doesn't have a career CNB. He has at most, one album and then it's off to the West End with him. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:17 pm

fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:I watched Matt Terry on X Factor UK and like him very much! BTW he came in first and won over the girl from Finland who performed the BoRhap duet with Adam! Matt has a very nice voice and I wish him the very best in his budding career! Maybe he will be the next front man for Brian and Roger? No one will ever match or replace Freddie as I have been respectfully saying for 5 years now in this Forum!

He doesn't have a career CNB. He has at most, one album and then it's off to the West End with him. :?

Biggest test for AL will be Q+AL is over, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 pm

icy wrote:Biggest test for AL will be Q+AL is over, IMO.

Well, his days of hit records are well and truly over, but he will make a good living out of singing, for sure. Good luck to him....and I will kind of miss CNB when she slopes off with him into the wilderness too.... ;)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:27 am

Stack of post deleted as way off topic.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On