The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

sharon20 wrote:The same rumour but about Marc has been circulating for a while. Apparently he spent four weeks at, I think Abbey Rd, recording stuff for the film but someone who claims to be in the know said he recorded the soundtrack as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for Marc‘s involvement:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/06/sound-ali ... g-6907707/

He posted from the studio the same time as Bryan Singer. So I suppose, Marc is the „sound-alike“ in the film, who fills in between recodings of Freddie (where possible and existing) and Rami‘s singing. I doubt, that he‘s that great at singing... ;-)

According to the rumor, Brian, Roger and Adam did record a completely new song.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Yeah hoping you're right. Some Marc fanatic, claims to know his every move, said he did all the vocals as Rami couldn't sing and the original Queen footage didn't have good sound mix. Also said Marc had done the soundtrack. Can't work out if they really are in the know or just delusional.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 pm

sharon20 wrote:Yeah hoping you're right. Some Marc fanatic, claims to know his every move, said he did all the vocals as Rami couldn't sing and the original Queen footage didn't have good sound mix. Also said Marc had done the soundtrack. Can't work out if they really are in the know or just delusional.

I have no idea, how it‘ll all work out and come together. Can mixing Rami‘s, Freddie’s and Marc‘s voices even work? We wills see. I hope, they know, what they are doing. Using Marc wouldn’t be a bad decision, I guess.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Yeah certainly to fill in for Rami Marc makes sense, he can sound very like Freddie. The soundtrack, I guess it depends if they want it to sound like Queen or whether they want to test the water with Adam and see how people react to that. Either way I hope the film works out how they want it, it's taken long enough to get off the ground.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 pm

sharon20 wrote:Yeah certainly to fill in for Rami Marc makes sense, he can sound very like Freddie. The soundtrack, I guess it depends if they want it to sound like Queen or whether they want to test the water with Adam and see how people react to that. Either way I hope the film works out how they want it, it's taken long enough to get off the ground.

I think the Soundtrack will include all the songs/ music played in the film. That won’t be Adam on vocals.
IF he recorded a song with Brian and Roger, that would only be ONE song. I guess, that’s an „Extra“, possibly at the end of the film, that could be used in promotion (maybe).

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Yeah I was meaning the end song they usually play along with the credits. Hard to know if any of the rumours are right, guess we'll find out in time.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am

Nicki79 wrote:I saw a rumor discussed on Facebook (Official International Queen Fan Club), that Brian and Roger recorded a new song with Adam for the soundtrack of the film. The guy starting it meant, he drove someone yesterday (he’s a Chauffeur), who’s working for Queen in high ranks for more than 20 years and that man told him about it.
I can’t say, if that’s true, but it would fit to the fact, that they were recording in a studio in Nashville (and maybe somewhere else as well) last summer. Since I don’t always buy such things, the story sounds believable to me. Let’s wait and see! ;)

Just why would AL have to sing anything when it's been said M.M was singing the songs?
I'd rather not have AL involved with any singing in this film at all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 am

Another_Roger wrote:Would be strange if they didnt have a new song for this film in some form. But I'd rather see them record it with Marc.

What I have hopes for to is to have a new to us Queen fans to possibly include a Queen song from the vaults with Freddie on vocals. That would make me interested in the film and sound track.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am

BitterTears wrote:Surely no one grudges them recording 1 song together..?

I don't think anyone cares if they record together or not (bar those who 'get' them); but if this is true then they have crossed the line, imo.

Sure, go and record with Adam, have some fun, etc. But no QAL track belongs anywhere near this film - it has absolutely nothing to do with QAL. Nothing. And - if true - it is going to make them look like old, money-grabbing fools: throwing in a song which has no connection whatsoever to the film. It makes no sense. And, actually, I do not believe they are that stupid.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 am

Another_Roger wrote:Would be strange if they didnt have a new song for this film in some form. But I'd rather see them record it with Marc.

Why would it be strange? I think it would be strange to add a new track on a film about Freddie. They have all the music they require for this project - please don't go and spoil the whole thing by releasing what is inevitably going to be a substandard and weak song; it will only make them look like they are trying to jump on the publicity wagon to promote any new song.

Personally, I would love to see them dust down one or two tracks from the archive.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am

sharon20 wrote:Yeah hoping you're right. Some Marc fanatic, claims to know his every move, said he did all the vocals as Rami couldn't sing and the original Queen footage didn't have good sound mix. Also said Marc had done the soundtrack. Can't work out if they really are in the know or just delusional.

Well, it is true that he recorded the Live Aid track(s): Rami can be seen miming to Marc's vocals on the little bit of film footage most of us have seen.

I think it will simply be a case of Marc's vocals for Live Aid, any other live shows and a few bits here and there; and the true, original Queen tracks for the rest of the movie (plus John ottman's score of course - which I, personally, cannot wait for).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 am

icy wrote:What I have hopes for to is to have a new to us Queen fans to possibly include a Queen song from the vaults with Freddie on vocals. That would make me interested in the film and sound track.

Same. And anything else will be a joke. I am praying that they are not going to use the publicity from this film to promote any new track (with Adam or anyone else) - it will look desperate, illogical, and will surely invite many negative opinions.

This is a film about Freddie and Queen. The songs should, therefore, be only Queen and Freddie songs - it makes absolutely zero sense to do anything other than that. And they have got one of the most recognisable and beloved back catalogues in all of music history, ffs. Nothing else is needed.

I love the fact that many fans are getting some joy from the QAL shows. And if they record together - although it will not be my cup of tea - I am sure some will dig it. But I do not want to hear Adam's voice over the credits of this film: we already have The Show Must Go On for that...now THAT track was simply made to close a film.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:What I have hopes for to is to have a new to us Queen fans to possibly include a Queen song from the vaults with Freddie on vocals. That would make me interested in the film and sound track.

Same. And anything else will be a joke. I am praying that they are not going to use the publicity from this film to promote any new track (with Adam or anyone else) - it will look desperate, illogical, and will surely invite many negative opinions.

This is a film about Freddie and Queen. The songs should, therefore, be only Queen and Freddie songs - it makes absolutely zero sense to do anything other than that. And they have got one of the most recognisable and beloved back catalogues in all of music history, ffs. Nothing else is needed.

I love the fact that many fans are getting some joy from the QAL shows. And if they record together - although it will not be my cup of tea - I am sure some will dig it. But I do not want to hear Adam's voice over the credits of this film: we already have The Show Must Go On for that...now THAT track was simply made to close a film.

I'm with you on this on every word, letter even. Well said.
I'm conflicted about this film in many ways, many ups and downs through the years waiting for it to happen. Please for the love of Freddie, and this is directed at the powers that be, dont include a Q+AL song in the soundtrack. If that were to happen, I'd be unhappy. I'd go as far as to say please don't include AL at all, but he was reportedly included as an extra in the film.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Can we wait until the film has actually be seen before we start accusing it of things? :?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:10 pm

AngelR wrote:Can we wait until the film has actually be seen before we start accusing it of things? :?

I have stated that - IF this is true - then I am dead against it. We can only go by what we have read. Of course, this rumour may be total bullshit; but if it is not then they are going to make a huge mistake.

No one is accusing, just replying to a rumour.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On