The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 am

https://instagram.com/p/Ba97G2HhI-D/

A little cameo? He‘s almost not recognizable.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:After a quick Google, it seems like the shit is about to hit the fan with regards to allegations against Singer - many saying, it was merely a matter of time.

Brian, Roger, QPL - they must have all been aware of the allegations made in the past; and they must have been quite certain he was innocent, surely?

I just have a real sinking feeling about all this and pray that I am wrong.

I hope you're wrong...I don't know what to think now and wish I could 'unwatch' the documentary.
It was a very uneasy watch but the update at the very end was horrific. All these ex accused (apart from one, I think) were back to their jobs and enjoying their lives :shock:
This documentary brought back memories about accusations against Michael Jackson, especially "naïve" parents. :(
I hope Singer's involvement in this case is circumstantial only. Innocent until proven guilty?

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:48 pm

AngelR wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:After a quick Google, it seems like the shit is about to hit the fan with regards to allegations against Singer - many saying, it was merely a matter of time.

Brian, Roger, QPL - they must have all been aware of the allegations made in the past; and they must have been quite certain he was innocent, surely?

I hope you're wrong...I don't know what to think now and wish I could 'unwatch' the documentary.
It was a very uneasy watch but the update at the very end was horrific. All these ex accused (apart from one, I think) were back to their jobs and enjoying their lives :shock:
This documentary brought back memories about accusations against Michael Jackson, especially "naïve" parents. :(
I hope Singer's involvement in this case is circumstantial only. Innocent until proven guilty?

I hear you; it was horrendous to view. Worst of all was the way that those sick scumbags ruined the lives of all those young men (some taking their own lives). Doesn't it just go to prove that things like this will always be about money and power? Always has been and - alas - always will. These filthy predators got away with what they did because of who they were and how much they were worth...the victims just get forgotten.

I really hope Singer was not as involved as has been suggested - although hearing that he attended those horrible, salacious pool parties and knowing that he certainly likes being surrounded by young looking males (just Google his name and young men) does concern me quite a lot; I mean, if he likes young-looking men (twinks I think they are referred to in the gay world) then - as long as they are legal - that's his thing (each to their own), but the fact he was at those sickening parties cannot be excused. Very worrying. And his Twitter account is still down.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby AngelR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:21 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
AngelR wrote:

I hear you; it was horrendous to view. Worst of all was the way that those sick scumbags ruined the lives of all those young men (some taking their own lives). Doesn't it just go to prove that things like this will always be about money and power? Always has been and - alas - always will. These filthy predators got away with what they did because of who they were and how much they were worth...the victims just get forgotten.

I really hope Singer was not as involved as has been suggested - although hearing that he attended those horrible, salacious pool parties and knowing that he certainly likes being surrounded by young looking males (just Google his name and young men) does concern me quite a lot; I mean, if he likes young-looking men (twinks I think they are referred to in the gay world) then - as long as they are legal - that's his thing (each to their own), but the fact he was at those sickening parties cannot be excused. Very worrying. And his Twitter account is still down.

I follow Singer on Instagram, looks like there's no problem there. Maybe his Twitter account was hacked?

I hope he's innocent....but if he's guilty, he should be persecuted and RIP The Biopic then.... :-(
I won't be looking forward to watching anything made by a convicted sex offender.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby 777nevada777 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:56 am

If Singer did anything legally wrong, I can imagine some gay haters may try to apply "guilt by association" to damage the Queen organization and Freddie's memory. Some of the haters claim gay people are all or mostly all pedophiles. I have seen that said in past internet ravings about Freddie (of course with no evidence).

I truly hope the rumors against Singer are false. However, the potential blowback should not be minimized if there is bad news, particularly if the scandals widen beyond what has been revealed to date.

777nevada777
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:24 am

AngelR wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I follow Singer on Instagram, looks like there's no problem there. Maybe his Twitter account was hacked?

I hope he's innocent....but if he's guilty, he should be persecuted and RIP The Biopic then.... :-(
I won't be looking forward to watching anything made by a convicted sex offender.

Yes, his Instagram profile is still up - but nothing new on there since around the time his Twitter account went down. I believe his account was pulled because a day or two before a young man openly accused him of sexually assaulting him during about 14 separate tweets; there is nothing new about him getting abuse on his Twitter account - every day various individuals call him a 'pedo', etc. but someone actually detailing the abuse they suffered at his hands is entirely different - so maybe this is currently a legal/police matter and so they have closed it whilst they investigate the claims.

If he is guilty then I am not sure I will even be able to watch the film. But, I am sure they will rope in another director to finish it if everything goes tits up soon.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:31 am

777nevada777 wrote:If Singer did anything legally wrong, I can imagine some gay haters may try to apply "guilt by association" to damage the Queen organization and Freddie's memory. Some of the haters claim gay people are all or mostly all pedophiles. I have seen that said in past internet ravings about Freddie (of course with no evidence).

I truly hope the rumors against Singer are false. However, the potential blowback should not be minimized if there is bad news, particularly if the scandals widen beyond what has been revealed to date.

I completely agree with you: I cannot count the amount of times I have heard sick homophobes accuse gay men (never normally lesbians for some reason) of being child abusers simply because they are gay; alas, we are never going to be able to educate ignorant morons of this pedigree - they are going to hate and spew bile whatever the facts...let them live in their shallow, negative world while the rest of us dismiss them for what they are - fucktards.

If Singer is guilty then Queen/QPL simply need to openly and publicly cut all association with him, move on, find another director and make the best film they can. The movie is still in the early stages so they could easily find another director to put his stamp on it. But, I am getting ahead of myself here: we have no conclusive evidence yet, so let's wait with fingers crossed and see what unfolds. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Latest update: they are filming scenes in Union Street, London this week - shop windows have been made up to look like it is in New York apparently.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 pm

A little snippet of news relevant to the film: apparently Rami and Lucy (Boynton - aka Mary) were spotted together attending Jonathon Ross's Halloween party last week - at least they are getting to know each other socially away from the film, which obviously strengthens any scenes they will be sharing together.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Pingu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm

23164668_299738253866237_6001789236460650496_n.jpg

Not the best pic but interesting..it's Rami as early 80s Fred (obviously), wearing blue jeans, smokin' a tab and hanging out in (fab) New York. :)

Pingu
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Pingu wrote:
23164668_299738253866237_6001789236460650496_n.jpg

Not the best pic but interesting..it's Rami as early 80s Fred (obviously), wearing blue jeans, smokin' a tab and hanging out in (fab) New York. :)

Nice find! And I think I recognise that Freddie jacket (or a similar type). But Rami looks even less like Freddie here. I suppose we'll have to wait until the final shots.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Latest update: they are filming scenes in Union Street, London this week - shop windows have been made up to look like it is in New York apparently.

Yeah...

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9441

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:01 pm

It's a good likeness, obviously, it's not exact, but still good!

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/45/768 ... -malek.jpg

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby slightlymad1970 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm

fairydandy wrote:It's a good likeness, obviously, it's not exact, but still good!

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/45/768 ... -malek.jpg

Interesting photo, looks like early 80's Fred but then if you look closely in the shop window there's a copy of Mr Bad Guy which would date it as 1985!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby rockfizzy-o » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 am

And it looks that Mr. Bad Guy is on sale, because of the "Rabatt!" sign on the album. But that would mean that the picture is taken in Germany... :?

rockfizzy-o
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On