The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Echoplex » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

AlexKx wrote:I'd rather them take their time and get things as right as possible...

Well they've screwed up already.

Having gone to great lengths to find the right people for the roles and gone to the expense and time to make them look period correct as well as building the Live Aid Stage earlier in the filming, they have now filmed another gig scene as those pics show with a lighting rig that looks nothing like Queen used.

What next, a close up of Freddie playing a Yamaha at Earls Court!

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Echoplex wrote:
AlexKx wrote:I'd rather them take their time and get things as right as possible...

Having gone to great lengths to find the right people for the roles and gone to the expense and time to make them look period correct as well as building the Live Aid Stage earlier in the filming, they have now filmed another gig scene as those pics show with a lighting rig that looks nothing like Queen used.

How miserable are you on daily basis? I can instantly sense that you are the sort of person that loves an opportunity to complain. It's just pathetic to write off a movie before you have seen 1 second of the final product. I am sure you will hate the movie no matter what they do. So why don't you just write the review right now? I am sure you already have it planned out.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Echoplex wrote:

Nah. This isn't a major fuck up in any way. It makes absolutely zero difference to the process of the film-making. And you are forgetting cgi, etc.

I think they know what they are doing better than you and I.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Echoplex » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

Another_Roger wrote:
Echoplex wrote:

How miserable are you on daily basis? I can instantly sense that you are the sort of person that loves an opportunity to complain. It's just pathetic to write off a movie before you have seen 1 second of the final product. I am sure you will hate the movie no matter what they do. So why don't you just write the review right now? I am sure you already have it planned out.

No I'm not miserable on a daily basis or any other basis. You however are a person who appears to claim to be able to accurately judge the character of someone you don't know by reading, and totally misunderstanding, the point being made.

Contrary to what you have claimed I have not written the film off. You obviously know me better than I know myself because you state that you are sure I will hate the film, not true I'm actually looking forward to it. If you read my post it says that they've gone to the expense and time and trouble to get a lot of detail right (which is good) however what I said was they screwed up on getting the lighting, for this gig scene, right! Given that the appear to have gone to so much trouble being accurate with everything else we've seen its a same and questionable why they have got something like this wrong.

Does this mean I'm slating the film? No, does it mean that I'm miserable? No. Does it mean that I'm passing comment on something I've noticed? Yes.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby devogue » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this link is the first footage I have seen from the film and the choreography of the actors is incredible as you look at the original alongside the recreation (scroll down to second video):

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/854470/Freddie-Mercury-movie-Queen-Live-Aid-Rami-Malek-Brian-May-Bohemian-Rhapsody-movie/amp

devogue
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:26 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaVKy23hTxG ... njaysinger

latest picture is impressive!!!!!!!!!!

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Echoplex » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

This latest picture looks like Queen have hijacked the Triumph video for Follow Your Heart! Quick we need more lights, it doesn't matter what they look like!

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:27 pm

eiricd wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BaVKy23hTxG/?hl=nb&taken-by=bryanjaysinger

latest picture is impressive!!!!!!!!!!

It certainly is! :onfire:

Innuendoes

Postby AngelR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 am

I am so looking forward to this film now! :-D
Wondering about the soundtrack....Have Brian and Roger got a surprise for us? Something new and epic? :inlove:

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 am

AngelR wrote:I am so looking forward to this film now! :-D
Wondering about the soundtrack....Have Brian and Roger got a surprise for us? Something new and epic? :inlove:

If he is anywhere near this film then it will be a travesty. There should be no new music unless it is from the original line up.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby BitterTears » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

If who is anywhere near the film?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 am

BitterTears wrote:If who is anywhere near the film?

Angel posted in the Lambert thread that Roger said they have recorded stuff with Lambert in Nashville. She then posted in this thread. Given that she only ever posts about QAL or AL, alarm bells started ringing in my head.

If that were the case, it would be an affront to the memory of Freddie Mercury. Surely if they want a new track, they could find something to tweak from the vaults.

Correction, Ange responded to someone else's post about new tracks.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am

Hmmm...I am having some real concerns about Bryan Singer as director now after watching a documentary about child abuse in Hollywood. One of the young actors who was sexually abused names Singer as one of those who would visit the house in which parties with naked young boys would regularly be held - some of the content is pretty upsetting and disgusting.

If anybody else wants to check this out and make their own mind up then you can find the documentary on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWFjWnuCQE.

Disturbing, distressing, vile and terribly sad, but worth a watch to see the real inside of Hollywood.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby AngelR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:14 pm

JLP wrote:
BitterTears wrote:If who is anywhere near the film?

Angel posted in the Lambert thread that Roger said they have recorded stuff with Lambert in Nashville. She then posted in this thread. Given that she only ever posts about QAL or AL, alarm bells started ringing in my head.

If that were the case, it would be an affront to the memory of Freddie Mercury. Surely if they want a new track, they could find something to tweak from the vaults.

Correction, Ange responded to someone else's post about new tracks.

It's the beginning (or continuation)of paranoia, JLP. :shock:
I do post in different threads, e.g.
We've been having a discussion with musicalprostitute and others in this particular thread for some months/years. I'm catching up on things after a very long trip abroad and limited access to internet.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:52 am

musicalprostitute wrote:Hmmm...I am having some real concerns about Bryan Singer as director now after watching a documentary about child abuse in Hollywood. One of the young actors who was sexually abused names Singer as one of those who would visit the house in which parties with naked young boys would regularly be held - some of the content is pretty upsetting and disgusting.

If anybody else wants to check this out and make their own mind up then you can find the documentary on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWFjWnuCQE.

Disturbing, distressing, vile and terribly sad, but worth a watch to see the real inside of Hollywood.

This video contains content from BR Music Copyrights. It is not available in your country.

Boooo!

Innuendoes

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On