The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:52 am

Innuendoes

Postby Frank » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:42 am

Rami definitely looks the part. The latest pic that Singer posted on Instagram shows he's got the posture. I honestly might have been fooled if I didn't know it was Rami. However, it seems pretty damn convenient that you can't actually see his full facial profile. The best pic we've got of his face is pretty damn good though. Scroll down in the link above and you'll find him strutting around in the Live Aid outfit. Other than the eyes, I'm pretty stoked about his look. I genuinely feel we're in good hands.

But I'm a bit concerned about the allegations circulating around Singer. That's not the kind of media attention we want associated with this movie. Not saying the guy is guilty, mind you. I wouldn't even know. I just hope it doesn't delay the film. Because if he were found guilty, the film might get put on hold until another director is found. You just never know about these things. And frankly, I'm feeling pretty good about Singer's directing so far. Again, I feel like we're in pretty good hands.

About the music...I really hope it's not just a straight up rock soundtrack. I hope there is some kind of orchestral score similar to Kashif's Queen Symphony. Something epic perhaps, but beautiful too...everything based on Queen melodies and harmonies, but done in such a way that it propels the film forward emotionally. But so far the only composers listed are Brian and Roger. Not a bad thing. I'm just hoping for something grand.

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Formerly known as Lover Boy.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 am

Innuendoes

Postby BitterTears » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:09 am

Where are Brian and Roger listed as composers? I thought they had taken more of a 'music supervisor' type role. On one hand it makes sense for them to be more hands on with the music but on the other hand I would have thought the director/producer might prefer someone approaching it from a greater distance.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am

Innuendoes wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Hmmm...I am having some real concerns about Bryan Singer as director now after watching a documentary about child abuse in Hollywood. One of the young actors who was sexually abused names Singer as one of those who would visit the house in which parties with naked young boys would regularly be held - some of the content is pretty upsetting and disgusting.

If anybody else wants to check this out and make their own mind up then you can find the documentary on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWFjWnuCQE.

Disturbing, distressing, vile and terribly sad, but worth a watch to see the real inside of Hollywood.

This video contains content from BR Music Copyrights. It is not available in your country.

Boooo!

Oh, shit - that sucks. Shocking documentary to be sure. And Singer does not come out of it looking very innocent to me - and I have kept an open mind about him for some time...but the statements from those abused in this film come across as completely genuine.

Worse, one of the pedos - tv 'star' Brian Peck (worked on Nickelodeon I believe) was found guilty - and admitted his guilt - but only received six months! And guess what? He is now out and appearing on American tv once more...a convicted pedo carrying on his tv career like nothing had happened - makes me vomit. :evil:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby P.T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Did anyone here actually get to be an extra?

P.T
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Well, at least it looks as if the film makers are taking this all very seriously and getting as close as possible to detail: they have even procured the actual film camera used by Queen on certain promos - including Days Of Our Lives.

Curiously, Singer has also stated this: 'I am made up for a cameo that I will probably cut:)'; I wonder who on earth this person is and why they will probably be cut from the film? Thinking about it, I don't know if he means he is 'made up' in the sense of happy, etc. or 'made up' in the sense that Bryan Singer himself is made up as a character in the film...the term 'made up' meaning happy just does not seem American to my ears, more Northern England.

Edit: he actually means he has been made up as a character in the film - just seen the accompanying photo to his quote and behind the camera is Singer sporting a moustache, cap and brown leather jacket (normally, I only ever see pictures of him in the same grey checked shirt).
Last edited by musicalprostitute on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 pm

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am

Just seen a lovely clip of Roger Taylor and Ben Hardy together in front of Rog's drum set at the Live Aid set: Roger is telling Bryan Singer exactly how his drum kit used to be set up and then you can hear Singer asking that Roger gets his drum tech down to the film set the next day so that they can get the drum set up exactly as it should be...

...bloody hell, they really are going in for the finer details on this film. Fills me with much hope.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:13 am

To add to the above post, I have just seen a short clip of Brian when he was taking photos of the Bo Rhap boys on stage - they are playing the end of We Will Rock You and it sounds wonderful. Great stuff.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jimi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:16 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Just seen a lovely clip of Roger Taylor and Ben Hardy together in front of Rog's drum set at the Live Aid set: Roger is telling Bryan Singer exactly how his drum kit used to be set up and then you can hear Singer asking that Roger gets his drum tech down to the film set the next day so that they can get the drum set up exactly as it should be...

...bloody hell, they really are going in for the finer details on this film. Fills me with much hope.

His drum tech being Chris (crystal) Taylor. He live in Oz now so he better get his passport out.
For those that don't know he's sat in the royal box with david brian and Rog at Live Aid

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Jimi wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Just seen a lovely clip of Roger Taylor and Ben Hardy together in front of Rog's drum set at the Live Aid set: Roger is telling Bryan Singer exactly how his drum kit used to be set up and then you can hear Singer asking that Roger gets his drum tech down to the film set the next day so that they can get the drum set up exactly as it should be...

His drum tech being Chris (crystal) Taylor. He live in Oz now so he better get his passport out.
For those that don't know he's sat in the royal box with david brian and Rog at Live Aid

Found the clip I was speaking about: http://www.imgrum.org/media/16176984789 ... 6025548424 :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AngelR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:To add to the above post, I have just seen a short clip of Brian when he was taking photos of the Bo Rhap boys on stage - they are playing the end of We Will Rock You and it sounds wonderful. Great stuff.

Are you talking about a short video from the Bryan Singer's Instagram? It's precious to see Brian behind the crowd recording the "Queen show".
Can't get my head around the accusations against Bryan Singer. Going to watch the video you've posted this weekend.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:24 pm

AngelR wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:To add to the above post, I have just seen a short clip of Brian when he was taking photos of the Bo Rhap boys on stage - they are playing the end of We Will Rock You and it sounds wonderful. Great stuff.

Are you talking about a short video from the Bryan Singer's Instagram? It's precious to see Brian behind the crowd recording the "Queen show".
Can't get my head around the accusations against Bryan Singer. Going to watch the video you've posted this weekend.

Yes; there's that one and another of Roger and Ben Hardy, Brian (and you can hear Singer in the background) discussing how to set up Rog's drum kit.

And that documentary is well worth a watch: heart-breaking, sickening and so very sad. Just make sure you watch the one I linked to, as the other version on YouTube is awful quality.

I just hope beyond hope that Singer is not guilty - it will taint this film somewhat for me.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Jimi wrote:

Crystal hasn’t been his tech for years - Roger is referring to his current tech, stating that he will be able to set the kit up how he has (not HAD) it.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On