The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Not to sure if this has been posted before, I don't remember seeing all of this clip, I remember photos and a shorter clip
phpBB [video]

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Lover Boy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:05 pm

You got my hopes up. I'd already seen that clip and I thought maybe you'd actually found a longer video! lol

Great looking set in that video. And though you can only see him very briefly, Rami looks very much like Freddie (at least with the posturing).

Lover Boy
The Show Must Go On

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby Pingu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:Not to sure if this has been posted before, I don't remember seeing all of this clip, I remember photos and a shorter clip
phpBB [video]

Hilariously, as far as I can tell no Queen audience in the history of, well, Queen concerts, has ever done this 'stomp/stomp/clap' during WWRY. It's always been 'clap/clap/clap'. Or after 1984, 'clap/clap/radio ga ga'.

Bloody revisionism!

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 pm

I am going to ask some questions for the John Campea show on youtube. But I need some killer questions to make the best of it. Any suggestions about things he can shed some light on?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Pingu wrote:
slightlymad1970 wrote:Not to sure if this has been posted before, I don't remember seeing all of this clip, I remember photos and a shorter clip
phpBB [video]

Hilariously, as far as I can tell no Queen audience in the history of, well, Queen concerts, has ever done this 'stomp/stomp/clap' during WWRY. It's always been 'clap/clap/clap'. Or after 1984, 'clap/clap/radio ga ga'.

Bloody revisionism!

Heh. Makes me wonder...was there a discussion about it? There must have been, I can't believe there wasn't one person on set that didn't know the 'right' way to clap during Rock You. But maybe they wanted what the audience is doing to match the record for some creative reaso .

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 pm

As I remember it, all the way from the Spring Tour of 78 (the first UK tour after the song was written) through to Knebworth in 86, (the last gig "the band" played), it was clap, clap, arms up!

Every gig I went to!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Kes wrote:As I remember it, all the way from the Spring Tour of 78 (the first UK tour after the song was written) through to Knebworth in 86, (the last gig "the band" played), it was clap, clap, arms up!

Every gig I went to!

Yup. Same here although only two gigs.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby slightlymad1970 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 am

Hasn't Brian stated on numerous occasions that he envisaged the audience joining in with a stomp, stomp, clap when he created the song. Hope it's not a sign of the good Doctor interfering too much with the film.

Has anybody got a rough idea when we can expect to see the first official trailer for the film? Somebody mentioned a trailer release to coincide with the lifetime Grammy Award but that would be 6 months before release, I would hope to see at least some sort of teaser before that :-)

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:31 am

Haha, you think it's been eating away at Brian for 40 years that we've been doing the 'wrong' claps this whole time and he finally gets to right this wrong?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 am

I suppose the band actually do 'stomp, stomp, clap' in the official promo video, so perhaps that IS the right way after all?!!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:
Has anybody got a rough idea when we can expect to see the first official trailer for the film? Somebody mentioned a trailer release to coincide with the lifetime Grammy Award but that would be 6 months before release, I would hope to see at least some sort of teaser before that :-)

Well, as it has now been confirmed that they are finishing the last bit of shooting for the film (with only a few weeks left to film I've read) I should think they could knock together a decent enough trailer within the next few months; but The Grammy's would probably be the best place to debut it, I think: it would be ideal promotion for the film. Saying that, it wouldn's surprise me if we see a couple of small clips here and there in the meantime to restore fans' confidence in the film after the debacle with Singer.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby BitterTears » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:16 pm

cmsdrums wrote:I suppose the band actually do 'stomp, stomp, clap' in the official promo video, so perhaps that IS the right way after all?!!

Yeah, this is part of the reason I think it may have been a creative decision rather than a mistake. Maybe they are going to do a fade between the boys in the studio or at the video shoot to them playing it on stage and they wanted the two shots to match.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby parchedpeas » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Blimey, if you're going to worry about things like this then I'm not sure this film is going to be up your alley. Everything that ever happened will be dialled up to 11 and Disney-fied.

I look forward to the scenes of them working happily alongside lots of brown faces either side of them playing Sun City.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Don't think anyone is worried, just a tiny detail that we happened to notice from the small amount of footage we have seen from the shoot. Obviously it's going to get discussed.

I think it is inevitable though any of us reading this topic is probably going to watch the film going 'that bit isn't right', 'it didn't happen quite like that', 'he wasn't there when that happened' and so on. But that will be half the fun.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:34 pm

parchedpeas wrote:Blimey, if you're going to worry about things like this then I'm not sure this film is going to be up your alley. Everything that ever happened will be dialled up to 11 and Disney-fied.

I look forward to the scenes of them working happily alongside lots of brown faces either side of them playing Sun City.

Well, it seems Mystic Meg is in the building, people; how on earth can you predict that the film will be sanitised? None of is know what the end result will be - and Brian has already stated that this will be warts and all, the good and the bad...

...OK, so we are not going to witness Freddie and Jim 69ing or anything (thankfully), but I reckon it will be an honest enough film.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On