The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 pm

BitterTears wrote:Don't think anyone is worried, just a tiny detail that we happened to notice from the small amount of footage we have seen from the shoot. Obviously it's going to get discussed.

I think it is inevitable though any of us reading this topic is probably going to watch the film going 'that bit isn't right', 'it didn't happen quite like that', 'he wasn't there when that happened' and so on. But that will be half the fun.

Oh, make no bones about it - Queen fans will tear this film to pieces. And then some. We are a highly critical bunch for sure and protective of the legacy of both the band and Freddie; every shot will be over-analysed, every bit of dialogue scrutinised, every mannerism compared to the real thing...and then the Adam Lambert cameo will just top things off.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
- and Brian has already stated that this will be warts and all, the good and the bad....

Is this the same Brian that continually says that Queen are 'live and dangerous and exciting' live, and that the tour would "heavily' feature a setlist of NOTW songs.......then refused to budge away from the same old hits, and stripped Spread Your Wings and It's Late from the set as soon he could?!!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 pm

cmsdrums wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
- and Brian has already stated that this will be warts and all, the good and the bad....

Is this the same Brian that continually says that Queen are 'live and dangerous and exciting' live, and that the tour would "heavily' feature a setlist of NOTW songs.......then refused to budge away from the same old hits, and stripped Spread Your Wings and It's Late from the set as soon he could?!!

OK, you got me you fucker! :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby popyfm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
BitterTears wrote:Don't think anyone is worried, just a tiny detail that we happened to notice from the small amount of footage we have seen from the shoot. Obviously it's going to get discussed.

I think it is inevitable though any of us reading this topic is probably going to watch the film going 'that bit isn't right', 'it didn't happen quite like that', 'he wasn't there when that happened' and so on. But that will be half the fun.

Oh, make no bones about it - Queen fans will tear this film to pieces. And then some. We are a highly critical bunch for sure and protective of the legacy of both the band and Freddie; every shot will be over-analysed, every bit of dialogue scrutinised, every mannerism compared to the real thing...and then the Adam Lambert cameo will just top things off.

Because people think they'll be watching a documentary. A film is not a documentary, it will be based on real life events and will have things in there that never happened.

popyfm
Spread Your Wings

Postby Pingu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

popyfm wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Because people think they'll be watching a documentary. A film is not a documentary, it will be based on real life events and will have things in there that never happened.

Such as a Queen audience going 'stomp/stomp/clap'.

#BOYCOTT

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Postby J Starbuck88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

I just read online that the UK will not be getting the film released until December 28th, while the USA will get the release on December 25th. Not sure if I'm the only one but shouldn't that be the other way around?
My make up maybe flaking but my smile still stays on

J Starbuck88
Spread Your Wings

Is this A Kind of Magic? or does The Show Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Aaaah. And finally an update from Brian May about the movie. He seems to have gotten over the the depression after the departure of Bryan Singer!

Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Brian May posts this on instagram: brianmayforrealBOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - The Movie !!! Great day on set. It looks SO beautiful. Rami and Lucy as Freddie and Mary are gonna break hearts. Bri

Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Brian May also says this on instagram: "Wow ! I'm an (honorary) film mogul ! Today, under the auspices of our new supreme pilot, Dexter Fletcher, I got my own directorial chair ! I was very touched. So ! My first day on the set of Bohemian Rhapsody the Movie for more than 6 weeks, and the atmosphere is massively warm and joyful. The entire BR company has been through storms which would have sunk many a ship, but they're all still on board, full of optimism - and with a team spirit stronger than ever. There's such a great feeling of pride in this movie. I wish I could show you pictures ! But for now it's good to protect the surprises. The Bohemian Rhapsody ship is on course !! With full steam up ! Bri"

Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:20 pm

I‘m also glad to see Brian posting happily of his day on set. :D So they aren’t ready with filming yet.

musicalprostitute wrote:...and then the Adam Lambert cameo will just top things off.

Psst!.... ;) I think he‘s barely recognizable to people, who don’t really know him. And maybe the new director will not use his scene. You never know.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby AngelR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Brian May posts this on instagram: brianmayforrealBOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - The Movie !!! Great day on set. It looks SO beautiful. Rami and Lucy as Freddie and Mary are gonna break hearts. Bri

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 am

Another_Roger wrote:Brian May posts this on instagram: brianmayforrealBOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - The Movie !!! Great day on set. It looks SO beautiful. Rami and Lucy as Freddie and Mary are gonna break hearts. Bri

Is that a good thing or not when Brian says it's gonna break hearts?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:11 pm

J Starbuck88 wrote:I just read online that the UK will not be getting the film released until December 28th, while the USA will get the release on December 25th. Not sure if I'm the only one but shouldn't that be the other way around?

I don't understand this either. It really should be released here first.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pm

icy wrote:

Is that a good thing or not when Brian says it's gonna break hearts?

Definitely meant in a good way. I should think they are focusing a lot on the love between Freddie and Mary - considering they stayed as close as they did throughout the years. I think - if done well - this aspect of the film could really give the audience that emotional connection that draws them in.

I am so pleased this film is back on track.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

I bet that will absolutely pack cinemas out on Christmas Day!

Maybe it will make people wonder where the biggest turkey is that day.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On