The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am

Just found the article online - google search. Yeah it's a written interview, hard to tell if he was joking or not. In verbal interviews he often makes throwaway comments that get taken out of context - as he says the game of media is interesting, a lot of poetic licence goes on. Like the time he got asked if he would ever consider fronting Led Zeppelin and he said, that would be a cool gig. Next thing it was all over articles that he wanted to front them instead of Queen. I'll wait and hope he was joking or that nobody took him on about it if not.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

sharon20 wrote:Cheers, I did a search but all that came up was speculation about Adam playing Freddie from something said in 2014.

Strange...I can't find the posts about it in this thread. But I know he spoke about wanting a part of Freddie's lover in the biopic before and that it was discussed here, because I was a part of the discussion.
At one point last year, it was reported he would be an extra. I don't know if his part will make it to the biopic...but I hope not. If he does appear, I will think of it as another way of Brian and Roger promoting him and squeezing him in whenever possible. There been plenty of that by now, so I don't see any point or reason to include AL in the biopic.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am

sharon20 wrote:Just found the article online - google search. Yeah it's a written interview, hard to tell if he was joking or not. In verbal interviews he often makes throwaway comments that get taken out of context - as he says the game of media is interesting, a lot of poetic licence goes on. Like the time he got asked if he would ever consider fronting Led Zeppelin and he said, that would be a cool gig. Next thing it was all over articles that he wanted to front them instead of Queen. I'll wait and hope he was joking or that nobody took him on about it if not.

Wanting a part in the biopic as one of Freddie's lovers...yea nothing to even try to joke around with, IMO. He comes across thoughtless at times, this was one such time.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am

Cant tell without seeing him talk, it's usually obvious when he's joking or just going along with something being said.
I'll reserve judgement until something gets announced nearer the time the films due out. He does let him mouth run away with him on occasion but a let less than he used to.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am

sharon20 wrote:Cant tell without seeing him talk, it's usually obvious when he's joking or just going along with something being said.
I'll reserve judgement until something gets announced nearer the time the films due out. He does let him mouth run away with him on occasion but a let less than he used to.

It was a print interview, I don't recall watching a video of him saying it. Either way, I think he was crass what he said.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 am

That's what I meant, it was a print interview so it's hard to tell if he was joking or even said what was written. Half the stuff in written interviews is twisted to be click bait. If he did say it, my guess is he was joking, it's the kind of thing he would say as a joke. It obviously comes across better when you can see someone's face and they make it obvious they're just being silly.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm

sharon20 wrote:That's what I meant, it was a print interview so it's hard to tell if he was joking or even said what was written. Half the stuff in written interviews is twisted to be click bait. If he did say it, my guess is he was joking, it's the kind of thing he would say as a joke. It obviously comes across better when you can see someone's face and they make it obvious they're just being silly.

I wouldn't even joke about wanting a part in the biopic as one of Freddie's lovers if I were him. Don't know he was being cheeky, trying to be witty, but it didn't come across as funny at all, IMO. It's one of the most tackiest, glaring, and basically messed up things he has said since Q+AL began. Considering how much Brian and Roger squeeze more of AL in, and hype AL up, it wouldn't surprise me if AL really wanted the part. If he simply said I wanted a part in the biopic, I'd still think he shouldn't be involved, but he wanted a part of one of Freddie lovers of all things...that hasn't and will not make me warm me up to the possibility of him being in the biopic.
Freddie's lover, being a part of the soundtrack...that would get a thumbs down from me.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:13 pm

To be fair to Adam, IF he indeed did say he wanted to play one of Freddie's lovers (which no one seems to be able to confirm) then it wold have most likely been an off the cuff remark. At the end of the day, he clearly likes and respects Freddie as both a man and as a musician - and that's good enough for me. And if we are going to analyse every comment he makes regarding Freddie, Queen, the film, etc. then we must first remember that Freddie, himself, was the master of the off the cuff, carefree type of remark.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby fairydandy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:To be fair to Adam, IF he indeed did say he wanted to play one of Freddie's lovers (which no one seems to be able to confirm) then it wold have most likely been an off the cuff remark. At the end of the day, he clearly likes and respects Freddie as both a man and as a musician - and that's good enough for me. And if we are going to analyse every comment he makes regarding Freddie, Queen, the film, etc. then we must first remember that Freddie, himself, was the master of the off the cuff, carefree type of remark.

Freddie liked 'real' men didn't he? :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:To be fair to Adam, IF he indeed did say he wanted to play one of Freddie's lovers (which no one seems to be able to confirm) then it wold have most likely been an off the cuff remark. At the end of the day, he clearly likes and respects Freddie as both a man and as a musician - and that's good enough for me. And if we are going to analyse every comment he makes regarding Freddie, Queen, the film, etc. then we must first remember that Freddie, himself, was the master of the off the cuff, carefree type of remark.

Yea, he said it. I can't post the link to the article where he said it, because this tablet is crap :P .
Freddie's life and lovers is nothing to be off the cuff about, IMO.
Yes, I'm going to pay attention to what and how he says things about Freddie and Queen. He's the one up there singing the songs after all. Do I think he can be crass at times? Honestly, yes.
I love Freddie's wit, sarcasm, humour, it all made him the Freddie we all know and love.
There are things to joke, kid, even banter about. AL saying he wanted to be one of Freddie's lovers in light of everything we know, AL should not have went there, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 pm

fairydandy wrote:

Just because... :whip: ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:44 pm

fairydandy wrote:

FD, you are an incorrigible little shitebag. :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm

icy wrote:

Yea, he said it. I can't post the link to the article where he said it, because this tablet is crap :P .
Yes, I'm going to pay attention to what and how he says things about Freddie and Queen. He's the one up there singing the songs after all. Do I think he can be crass at times? Honestly, yes.
I love Freddie's wit, sarcasm, humour, it all made him the Freddie we all know and love.
There are things to joke, kid, even banter about. AL saying he wanted to be one of Freddie's lovers in light of everything we know, AL should not have went there, IMO.

I think you are over-analysing this, Icy. I get that you feel defensive over Freddie's legacy (I spent most of my childhood defending the man), but I do not think Adam was being in any way disrespectful by saying what he did. It was nothing more than a throwaway remark at best (probably during a long, boring interview in which he was being asked all sorts of nonsense).

Adam is not my ideal performer to be up there with them, but I believe he is - at heart - a good man, with morals, respect and a warm, caring nature.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:

I think you are over-analysing this, Icy. I get that you feel defensive over Freddie's legacy (I spent most of my childhood defending the man), but I do not think Adam was being in any way disrespectful by saying what he did. It was nothing more than a throwaway remark at best (probably during a long, boring interview in which he was being asked all sorts of nonsense).

Adam is not my ideal performer to be up there with them, but I believe he is - at heart - a good man, with morals, respect and a warm, caring nature.

I'm not doubting he is a good man, in fact I agree. Sometimes he can sound like a right twit/that...and yes we all do sound like that sometimes. I think he was crass in what he said. I may be the only one here who thinks that way ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

FD, you are an incorrigible little shitebag. :P

:whip: ;)
Gotta be fair :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running