The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby nicksmithworld » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 pm

phpBB [video]
‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’
 
nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 0
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 11:33 pm
Location: Wolverhampton UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 1318 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Frank » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:56 am

That was shared a while back. Great Q&A session. Though is it just me or does Phoebe take forever getting to the point? Love him though!
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (MSG in NYC)
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Washington D.C.)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Brooklyn, NYC)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Philadelphia)
2018 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Las Vegas) 2X
 
Frank
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die...

      
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Deacon Fro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:38 am

Lover Boy wrote:That was shared a while back. Great Q&A session. Though is it just me or does Phoebe take forever getting to the point? Love him though!

Yes Phoebe does take the scenic route with his stories, but he gives great info. His book was the same way and I enjoyed it very much. In fact I need to re-read it before the movie just to get in the proper mood.
 
Deacon Fro
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Deacon Fro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:47 am

Another_Roger wrote:Quite shocked that some of you think Brian and Roger use this movie to rewrite history. Music used in the trailers so far is Bohemian Rhapsody (Mercury), We Are the champions (Mercury), Another One Bites the Dust (Deacon), We Will Rock You (May), Under Pressure. Brian and Roger could have used media to talk down John several times. But I have never heard anything but praise for the man really.

There's a sector of Queen diehards that are overprotective of Freddie to the point that they've developed this irrational hatred of Brian and Roger. No matter what they do/say it will be twisted as some sort of conspiracy to "devalue" Freddie (and to a lesser extent John) and his legacy. While B&R have done things I don't agree with, I do think both have gone to great lengths to celebrate their friend and bandmate and for that I am thankful. To think they somehow want to make this movie all about them seems silly to me, but who knows maybe the tin foil hat wearers will be proven correct? ;) We'll have to wait until October/November to find out.
 
Deacon Fro
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:16 am

Lover Boy wrote:...Though is it just me or does Phoebe take forever getting to the point? Love him though!


It is definitely not just you, LB; I've stated the same myself before. I adore Phoebe (and can easily see why Freddie wanted him in his life up until the end) and don't have one single bad word to say about the man...but, Christ, he does waffle and take forever to spit anything out, bless him.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 am

Deacon Fro wrote:There's a sector of Queen diehards that are overprotective of Freddie to the point that they've developed this irrational hatred of Brian and Roger. No matter what they do/say it will be twisted as some sort of conspiracy to "devalue" Freddie (and to a lesser extent John) and his legacy. While B&R have done things I don't agree with, I do think both have gone to great lengths to celebrate their friend and bandmate and for that I am thankful. To think they somehow want to make this movie all about them seems silly to me, but who knows maybe the tin foil hat wearers will be proven correct? ;) We'll have to wait until October/November to find out.


Good points. And I think you are quite correct regarding some of these diehards and this irrational hatred/vehement dislike of anything Brian and Roger do.

I am a Freddie man first and foremost myself. It was Freddie who hynotised me from the off and brought me into Queenworld, and it was Freddie with whom I most identified with growing up. But I am a Queen fan, and as such I have great respect and love for Brian, Roger (well, apart from his views on country sports, etc.) and Deaky. And, like yourself, there have been quite a few times since Freddie's passing in which I have passionately disagreed with some of their choices. But - as you quite rightly point out - they have always protected and maintained Freddie's legacy (and they didn't need to or have to)...and I have nothing buit the utmost respect for them for doing so all these years.

And what these bitter old diehards don't seem to grasp is the fact that without Brian and Roger going out there and flying the Queen flag for the last 27 years we would have literally fuck all to discuss these days - apart from memories of the old days. No, these two gentlemen have kept Queen relevant and alive and kicking (and we know that is exactly what Freddie would have wanted).
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Something special: :D
Cam Deacon:

phpBB [video]

Here is his reaction to the first trailer.
phpBB [video]
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Berlin, GER
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Queen16 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:01 am

phpBB [video]
 
Queen16
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:48 am

I honestly have trouble believing Cam is actually John Deacon's son. If he is in fact John's son, then it truly is nice to see him so enthusiastic for his father's band. Perhaps that's a reflection of John's own feelings toward the movie and Queen + Adam Lambert collaboration. You never know, but it's a nice thought.

As for that new Auks video...I love it. It's always great to hear his opinions. He can be very insightful at times, particularly mentioning the tambourine. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to link that with Keep Yourself Alive. Makes sense.
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (MSG in NYC)
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Washington D.C.)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Brooklyn, NYC)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Philadelphia)
2018 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Las Vegas) 2X
 
Frank
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die...

      
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 am

Is that guy John Deacons son? I only believe it when I see some evidence. Not one thing in that guy resembles John Deacon. Both in personality and physics. But prove me wrong...
 
Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:42 am

I was also skeptical at first, if that is John‘s son. I found the video on Facebook in the group of the Official international Queen Fanclub. People there seem to know, that he is Deacy‘s son. I looked for other pictures in the internet. When I googled him, I found some older family pictures and I would say: yes, that is Cameron, John’s youngest son.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Berlin, GER
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am

Nicki79 wrote:I was also skeptical at first, if that is John‘s son. I found the video on Facebook in the group of the Official international Queen Fanclub. People there seem to know, that he is Deacy‘s son. I looked for other pictures in the internet. When I googled him, I found some older family pictures and I would say: yes, that is Cameron, John’s youngest son.


After looking though the videos of him reacting to the Queen trailers one more time, and reading the comments I think its possible that he is his son. Would be a strange thing to lie about would'nt it ?
 
Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 am

Another_Roger wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I was also skeptical at first, if that is John‘s son. I found the video on Facebook in the group of the Official international Queen Fanclub. People there seem to know, that he is Deacy‘s son. I looked for other pictures in the internet. When I googled him, I found some older family pictures and I would say: yes, that is Cameron, John’s youngest son.


After looking though the videos of him reacting to the Queen trailers one more time, and reading the comments I think its possible that he is his son. Would be a strange thing to lie about would'nt it ?

Yes. I also thought, that someone on the Facebook site would have said something about it otherwise. I mean, some of the mods there know/knew the band.

And by the way: After I had clicked a bit sceptical on the video and I watched a few seconds, I thought that he looks a lot like John.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Berlin, GER
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am

Another_Roger wrote:Is that guy John Deacons son? I only believe it when I see some evidence. Not one thing in that guy resembles John Deacon. Both in personality and physics. But prove me wrong...



He's got shit hair, so there's one similarity....!
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:50 am

Nicki79 wrote:Something special: :D
Cam Deacon:

phpBB [video]

Here is his reaction to the first trailer.
phpBB [video]


Thanks for this, Nicki. I have watched all the reaction videos but somehow this one (out of all of them!) slipped through the net. He definitely has his dad's hair.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests