The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Lover Boy wrote:I honestly have trouble believing Cam is actually John Deacon's son. If he is in fact John's son, then it truly is nice to see him so enthusiastic for his father's band. Perhaps that's a reflection of John's own feelings toward the movie and Queen + Adam Lambert collaboration. You never know, but it's a nice thought.

I was highly sceptical too; but after a quick Google I am absolutely convinced it is John's son (the photos alone prove this).

I liked him. And I respect the fact that he didn't go on about his dad (but just wryly smiled and gave a few hints). What a lovely young man.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Lover Boy wrote:I honestly have trouble believing Cam is actually John Deacon's son. If he is in fact John's son, then it truly is nice to see him so enthusiastic for his father's band. Perhaps that's a reflection of John's own feelings toward the movie and Queen + Adam Lambert collaboration. You never know, but it's a nice thought.

I was highly sceptical too; but after a quick Google I am absolutely convinced it is John's son (the photos alone prove this).

I liked him. And I respect the fact that he didn't go on about his dad (but just wryly smiled and gave a few hints). What a lovely young man.

I am sure he is a great guy. But he must stop that clapping when he is making videos. That was very annoying.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Wow, that's surprising...never thought I'd see a kid of the band members on a Youtube reaction channel...reacting to the movie about the band. :? :-D

I guess it's him...seems super happy on those videos lol, almost too happy.^^ He also went to the QAL show recently in London, must be weird for him knowing all the stories and history from his father...like it was a little weird for him watching those trailers.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
I am sure he is a great guy. But he must stop that clapping when he is making videos. That was very annoying.

Who’d have thought a bassist’s son would have no sense of timing whatsoever!! :lol:

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 pm

cmsdrums wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:

Who’d have thought a bassist’s son would have no sense of timing whatsoever!! :lol:

LOL. I wondered that as well, but the little videoframe with the trailer seems to be not in sync with the rest. He sometimes reacts to scenes or music, that hasn’t appeared in the video until then. That’s my explanation. ;)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby The Milkman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm

I find it odd that he retweets about pop music all the time but he never mentions Q+AL.

EDIT
Scrolled back to 2014 on FB and he doesn't say one thing about Queen or Adam Lambert. Lots of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry posts.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Peavy wrote:Wow, that's surprising...never thought I'd see a kid of the band members on a Youtube reaction channel...reacting to the movie about the band. :? :-D

I guess it's him...seems super happy on those videos lol, almost too happy.^^ He also went to the QAL show recently in London, must be weird for him knowing all the stories and history from his father...like it was a little weird for him watching those trailers.

I‘m somehow wondering, how much he really knows. He was born in 1993, if I‘m not mistaken. So he can‘t have memories of his father in Queen. And I‘m not sure, how much John is talking about his past with Queen. Nevertheless, he looks like a very proud son. And he hopes to go to the premiere of the film.
And indeed, he said, he saw QAL last month and when you scroll through his other YOuTube videos, you can see, that he attended another show last year in Wembley. There he sounded really engaged. :D

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:And indeed, he said, he saw QAL last month and when you scroll through his other YOuTube videos, you can see, that he attended another show last year in Wembley. There he sounded really engaged. :D

Well, he comes across as someone who could like a guy like Lambert.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm

:
Another_Roger wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:And indeed, he said, he saw QAL last month and when you scroll through his other YOuTube videos, you can see, that he attended another show last year in Wembley. There he sounded really engaged. :D

Well, he comes across as someone who could like a guy like Lambert.

:roll:
I think, he is there for Queen. His dad used to play in that band and wrote some of their songs. He seems to especially enjoy his songs. :)
And otherwise he seems to be more into the pop girls, as The Milkman found out.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby The Milkman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Well, he comes across as someone who could like a guy like Lambert.

He really does, that's why I thought it was odd. He promotes a lot of pop music but nothing about AL.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Joseph Mazzello

Postby Regina 2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Joseph Mazzello (Eugene Sledge ) in the TV Mini-Series The Pacific (2010)
Eugene Sledge dog´s name is ………………..? (i'll find it quite funny anyway)

Regina 2
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:45 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Well, he comes across as someone who could like a guy like Lambert.

He really does, that's why I thought it was odd. He promotes a lot of pop music but nothing about AL.

Prejudices, right? :cool:
After having followed Adam Lambert for 3 years on social media, I‘ve seen enough of HIS gay community to tell you, that the majority of them are big fans of the pop divas (Beyoncé, Madonna ect.). And although Adam’s friends do support him, being a gay artist does not mean, that you get special support by the gay community. Maybe, that will change. But as for now, they are often harder on their peers.
To me, Cam‘s interest in the younger pop girls (and other pop acts) is no surprise.

And if he supports QAL and Lambert or not: It’s clear from his videos, that he’s very careful to reveal, who he is. He doesn’t want to talk about his father. And every post about Queen and QAL arouses questions. But he seems to like, what he sees.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Lover Boy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 pm

I seem to always picture John as some grumpy old man sitting on his porch complaining about that new confounded singer Adam and how the only good times were the good old days. So if Cam's reaction to the movie and Q+AL are of any indication, then it suggests that John may truly approve of what the band is doing. And I really appreciate his son's discretion regarding his father. Very respectful.

Lover Boy
The Show Must Go On

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/he-wasnt-with-him-for-the-fame-and-fortune-it-was-genuine-love-armagh-actor-aaron-mccusker-plays-freddie-mercurys-irish-boyfriend-in-bohemian-rhapsody-37179542.html

Nice little interview with Aaron Mccusker (Jim Hutton), who is full of praise for Jim and his relationship with Freddie. He also states his part is very small - only 4 or 5 scenes.

I should think we will start seeing more interviews like this one over the coming months; personally, I cannot wait for Rami and the boys to start doing TV interviews/chat shows (only a few months now).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby stagnation » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 pm

At the weekend i took my Girlfriend and Mother to see Mamma Mia 2 at the local cinema.... in the trailers section what should come on... only our very own BoRhap, on the big screen it looks bloody fantastic.

The sound was spot on and the concert scenes look great.

This has made me want to see it even more. Thinking of making a trek so I can go watch it in IMAX so i can get the full experience.

They also had some great marketing displays in the foyer to advertise the film.

Roll on October!

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On