We are the Champions

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: We are the Champions

Postby icy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:44 pm

AlexKx wrote:Oh, my Gee-yad! This still making me laugh! Just...ha, ha, ha, ha! One...ha, ha, ha, ha! Emoticon, bwah, ha, ha, ha! :lol: Lo fn' l! It's...ha, ha, ha, ha! All...all I can, ha, ha, ha, ha! Do! Lol.

In other words, yet more of your nonsense. :roll:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Tarkus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:42 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
AlexKx wrote: I don't think anyone is going on a stretch of describing people from the fallen empire of being too cocky at certain times and still being so. Lol. See how that works?

What a crock of utter bullshit. How on earth can you make yet another dumb, sweeping statement about a whole race of people? I mean, have you met every single British individual? No. But you are so arrogant that you think you know it all.

Like most other countries on this planet, Britain has a chequered past: we did some not great things many years ago and we did some beyond amazing things too - and still are. I am proud of my country's achievements and what we have given to the world.

There are things in our past that we don't feel particularly proud of - like every country; but I believe what we have added to this planet far outweighs the bad.

You would not even be here to make such pathetic comments were it not for Britain. Simple. There would be no Queen (and no Beatles, The Stones, The Who, Bowie...) and there would be no world wide web. You can thank us for those two things later when you are browsing online and listening to Queen music.

Shakespeare, Dickens, The Industrial Age, the NHS, The USA, Isaac Newton, TV, Charles Darwin, the telephone, the second most-spoken language in the world...

...just a few little things we have contributed to the planet. And I say this without any arrogance (before you throw that cheap and lazy shot in); I am just pointing out some simple facts to a very ignorant boy.

it's OK- he's so ignorant of what is REALLY going on in the middle east, he probably believes that Sunni and Shia recorded 'I Got You Babe'!

Tarkus

Postby AlexKx » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Who's ignorant and who is also lying? Not me!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 pm

UN Security Council Resolution 1441.

That's why a lot of people in various nation's forces weren't happy with GWII.

The same EXACT thing that Saddam did to Kuwait in 1990, from a legal standpoint, was what America, Britain, Australia and Poland did to Iraq in 2003. An illegal invasion of a sovereign territory, recognised by the United Nations.

You start doing that, you leave yourself open to charges of murder and war crimes.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby AlexKx » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:33 am

Um. Wow. No. You know it really comes down to where your loyalty lies. It's obviously not Britain, the U.S., freedom, and capitalism. As I've been saying and pointing out without you putting forth much information about yourself. Who pays you?!

Can anyone believe that QUEEN have a MILITARY man running their website?! Major story. Major story.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 am

AlexKx wrote:Um. Wow. No. You know it really comes down to where your loyalty lies. It's obviously not Britain, the U.S., freedom, and capitalism. As I've been saying and pointing out without you putting forth much information about yourself. Who pays you?!

Can anyone believe that QUEEN have a MILITARY man running their website?! Major story. Major story.

Wtf are you implying?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Zak Royen » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:10 am

Couldn't we just ban this guy ? No-one would complain.

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Tarkus wrote:

it's OK- he's so ignorant of what is REALLY going on in the middle east, he probably believes that Sunni and Shia recorded 'I Got You Babe'!

Don't knock it...the US are about to elect a president like that. :lol:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:21 pm

AlexKx wrote:Who pays you?!

1). A bloke called Mayohas, who as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with either the military, or Queen.

2). Major is an army rank, not an Air Force one, or in the case of your next President, Hilary Clinton, and when she's flying, Air Force One. Besides, who even inferred I was currently serving in the military? Virtually EVERY American I know has spent time in the US Forces, mainly because they had to, but that's by the by.

Oh, and how the fucking hell did Donald Trump avoid doing National Service, by the way? Even Muhammed Ali and Elvis Presley had to do it.

Oh, one final correction for your ignorance. I DON'T run this website. An administrator does. I am just a lowly moderator.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Zak Royen wrote:Couldn't we just ban this guy ? No-one would complain.

He/she/it (*delete as required) might.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Kes wrote:
AlexKx wrote:Who pays you?!

1). A bloke called Mayohas, who as far as I know, has absolutely nothing to do with either the military, or Queen.

2). Major is an army rank, not an Air Force one, or in the case of your next President, Hilary Clinton, and when she's flying, Air Force One. Besides, who even inferred I was currently serving in the military? Virtually EVERY American I know has spent time in the US Forces, mainly because they had to, but that's by the by.

Oh, and how the fucking hell did Donald Trump avoid doing National Service, by the way? Even Muhammed Ali and Elvis Presley had to do it.

Oh, one final correction for your ignorance. I DON'T run this website. An administrator does. I am just a lowly moderator.

Well it is Outside Line who run it, we just help. But best not confuse the issue if he really is a Republican.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Kes wrote:Oh, and how the fucking hell did Donald Trump avoid doing National Service, by the way? Even Muhammed Ali and Elvis Presley had to do it.

From the Wikipedia article on Trump: "Trump was not drafted into the Vietnam War due to student deferments and a medical deferment; additionally, Trump received a high number in the draft lottery that would have also exempted him from service. While in college, he obtained four student deferments. He was deemed fit for service based upon a military medical examination in 1966, and was briefly classified as fit by a local draft board in 1968, but was then medically disqualified later in 1968. Trump has attributed his medical deferment to heel spurs in both feet according to an interview for a 2015 biography. Selective Service records from the National Archives confirm that Trump received the medical deferment and eventually received a high selective service lottery number in 1969."

So, take that for whatever you think it's worth, I guess...lol

The US hasn't actually drafted anybody since 1973, though we have the "Selective Service" thing we have to register with when you turn 18, so they can start a draft if they have to. You said something along the lines of "most Americans I know served in the military because they had to"....the only people still around that would have been drafted would be people somewhere in their 60s now.

Edited to add: Well, 60s and up, that is.
Last edited by The__KingOfRhye on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 pm

Don't forget - Bill Clinton was not in the military, either. :) :P
I knew all the time but now I'm gonna let you know:
I'm gonna keep on rocking, no matter if it's fast or slow.
Ain't gonna stop until the twenty-fifth hour,
'Cause now I'm living on blues power.

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:01 am

Innuendoes wrote:Don't forget - Bill Clinton was not in the military, either. :) :P

The same is true for the NEXT "President Clinton"..... :P

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby CNB » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm

I've been hearing lots of Freddie singing WATC at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA events this year--at the spectacular victory parade in June and this past Tuesday at the ring ceremony! :D
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On