We are the Champions

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

We are the Champions

Postby joelleyji » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Dear QUEEN,
Suggestion: You could perform in person or via video 'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" at the American Democratic National Convention this coming week when Hillary Clinton is officially nominated for President, with hundreds of working Americans walking out on stage with Hillary and Tim Kaine, et al, to counteract the other convention's mis-use of you & your song!!!

joelleyji
Spread Your Wings

Re: We are the Champions

Postby julymorning » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:11 pm

They did not make their music to endorse or support political parties. I think Brian May has made this clear.
Last edited by julymorning on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby AlexKx » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:41 pm

I think they are required to play Beyonce and Jay Z as decreed by the lord and savior. Anything older than oh let's see what I can pull out of my arse ten years is baaaaad. We can't allow anything like that.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Sir Didymus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Based on their track record for commenting on issues over here... if they were American, then Brian would be a Democrat but Roger would definitely be a Republican.

It's only his musical genius that stops me from severely disliking the latter, to be honest...
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Having met the pair of them a few times, Despite an awkward first meeting, being honest, Roger now comes across a LOT better at talking to fans as if he's on the same level as them.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Kes wrote:Having met the pair of them a few times, Despite an awkward first meeting, being honest, Roger now comes across a LOT better at talking to fans as if he's on the same level as them.

I thought that when I met him at the SiS thing a couple of years ago.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby WeeMann » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:06 pm

JLP wrote:
Kes wrote:Having met the pair of them a few times, Despite an awkward first meeting, being honest, Roger now comes across a LOT better at talking to fans as if he's on the same level as them.

I thought that when I met him at the SiS thing a couple of years ago.

Seconded. I don't think Brian really wanted to be there.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 pm

I think the last time I chatted to him was at The Cross's 20th gig at Guildford. The Roger box had just come out, and I told him that as these things go, it was a pretty good set. He said with a big smile on his face "Yeah, looks very nice, but they sent me one with no fucking CDs in it!"
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:49 pm

I remember meeting both Brian and Roger at the Queen/Bejart Ballet sometime in the 90's, I think: Brian could not have been more graceful, courteous, warm, genuine; Roger, on the other hand, was dismissive and quite rude to a few of us there (shame, because I used to like him before that encounter).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Zak Royen » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:48 am

Sir Didymus wrote:Based on their track record for commenting on issues over here... if they were American, then Brian would be a Democrat but Roger would definitely be a Republican.

It's only his musical genius that stops me from severely disliking the latter, to be honest...

What makes you think Roger would be a Republican, Sir ?

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Postby Masonic » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:03 am

Have you seen Republicans these days? I very much doubt Roger would be anything like them. Racist, Bigoted, homophobes and dont even get me started on the religious right nut cases.

Masonic
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 am

Uhhh, I'm not like any of that and I am (in theory) a Republican. Those are not the only issues concerning them. The opposite could be said for the Democrats concerning your accusations not in a loving and caring way that they may claim and mislead people by. They do not believe that ANY healthy capable people are smart enough or capable enough to survive and thrive on their own without a and or the government! There is NOTHING more dangerous than having some government that rules over every aspect of your life! I as a Republican and I do think most as well think all people should be free, live in peace, and be prosperous with capitalism! (AND help those who who have good excuses concerning health problems.) That's as far away from what you are claiming Republicans are and can be. Sure you'll find some people with those ideas you mention but you will find people like that from all walks of life everywhere. Even Saintly England, ahem, cough.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Have you ever been to England? Honestly!

As only 10% of Americans have international passports, it's a fair to even assumption that you probably haven't. Much as though everyone's entitled to an opinion, I think it's usually better if it's their own opinion, than one constructed from their computer screen via Wikipedia.

Oh, and yeah, we do seem to have our own saint, not that it applies to about 25% of our population.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:05 pm

In the case of the band's political leanings, Roger is a multi-millionaire and leans towards people who look after his interests, as such.

Brian is an animal rights activist, and is just anti anyone who holds opposing views to those he holds on the matter. Which being fair, the Tories generally seem to support blood sports. However, the opposition won't exactly help him to look after his millions in the bank.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:08 pm

My general beliefs about Americans, is that they share something in common with the Brits.

When in their own country, they're generally lovely people. Get them abroad, and stereotypically, they're a fucking nightmare.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On