We are the Champions

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: We are the Champions

Postby AlexKx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Let's see I went to England in 1994 as well as Ireland and Scotland. Then over the next few years I went to Canada, Belize, Guatemala, Poland, Chech Republic, Slovakia, Hungry, Spain, France, and Italy. Oh! And Monaco and The Vatican. I forget those. There ARE other sources in life as well besides Wikipedia. Like BOOOKS for whatever that is worth. I always behaved over seas (as I was in very nice five star tour groups getting schooled on history and whatever else have you) as well here at lovely home. I'm 38, never done drugs, never had an alcoholic beverage, and never have smoked. I eat shit and don't move around as much as I should BUT hey you have to pick and choose your battles! :mrgreen: :lol:

Remember if you assume things you only make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"-heee! :lol: Oh! You also don't believe in animal rights...and neither does (that would be DOCTOR to you :P ) May. If you all did you all would not eat any meat, live anywhere, and would know that there is no jurisdiction for animals. They do not concern themselves with rights as they go around killing and eating one another. In order to live anywhere (unless you're a nomad and even then) you had to get the animals to go away and not come back. Did you write a contract up with them? Surely you did not kill any or use pest control? Maybe you pray it all away? Please enlighten us oh holy one! SEE what I mean? ;)

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:13 am

Kes wrote:In the case of the band's political leanings, Roger is a multi-millionaire and leans towards people who look after his interests, as such.

Brian is an animal rights activist, and is just anti anyone who holds opposing views to those he holds on the matter. Which being fair, the Tories generally seem to support blood sports. However, the opposition won't exactly help him to look after his millions in the bank.

In my post, I was referring to the politics of this country, not yours and the remaining Queen members....sorry for any confusion.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby julymorning » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:17 am

Alex, (Dr.) May didn't himself drive any animals off of his property personally, as a matter of fact he's turned much of the garden into an animal sanctuary and invites them in. Especially the downtrodden, abused and maimed.

And he doesn't eat them or wear them. Isn't that general knowledge here? Or did I misunderstand you. I'm not sure if I did or not.

He's not perfect, but he sets a damn fine example.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:37 am

Oh, wow, if it works that way then I haven't killed any animals either...and neither have most people...so what's the problem?! Wow. That's not even hypocritical that's just psycho. Seriously? Do you believe the tripe you type?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 am

AlexKx wrote:Oh, wow, if it works that way then I haven't killed any animals either...and neither have most people...so what's the problem?! Wow. That's not even hypocritical that's just psycho. Seriously? Do you believe the tripe you type?

HUH????? Do YOU even know how Bi-Polar you sound? Get off your highhorse, you're not exactly bowling anyone else over here with your posts. Perhaps the problem is English isn't your first language, and things are getting lost in translation.

Can I see a show of hands of how many here 'get' Alex? (If anyone's paying attention)

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:07 am

Do I rhyme like mime on a mine that use to be mine? :|

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:59 am

The one thing I'll say about places I've been to, is that if I couldn't spell them before I'd been there, I could afterwards.

I've never been to Hungary, but I think I know how it's spelt. Magyar! :-)

However, it's nice to know that you seem to be in the one in ten that uses a civilian passport to travel, and then in the six in ten of those who seems to appreciate that Scotland isn't actually in England.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:39 am

Reference the We Are The Champions thing, Hollywood issued a promo only release of the song with George Bush overdubs following the first Gulf War. Brian was livid with them when he found out about that one.

So, no, they don't particularly like their music being linked to one particular set of politics.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:27 pm

I bought that on c.d. recently! Now I only have one arm... :shock: :-(

Did I mention the British being arrogant, stuck up, elitists pricks?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:49 pm

AlexKx wrote:I bought that on c.d. recently! Now I only have one arm... :shock: :-(

close to being racist there Alex. :evil:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:06 pm

WoW! How does that work again? I REALLY don't think you have the first clue as to what it means!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:21 pm

AlexKx wrote:WoW! How does that work again? I REALLY don't think you have the first clue as to what it means!

Really. Carry and see then.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Montavilla » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:08 pm

A couple days ago, the DNC used "We Are the Champions:"

phpBB [video]

From Brian's Soapbox:

In response to numerous requests for a quote on Elizabeth Banks entry to the Democratic Convention to the strains of 'We are the Champions' (purely personally again - not an official Queen statement) this is what I think :

I think it’s fair to say Trump has been trumped !

I suppose, in a sense, Elizabeth Banks use of the song AS WELL as Donald Trump restores the balance. She didn’t ask either, but her lampoon did make me laugh. Watching Donald Trump parade himself to 'We Are The Champions' gave me a sinister feeling - but Elizabeth’s 'performance' was clearly light-hearted. Realistically, it seems we have little choice in these matters, but given the choice between our record being used to promote hatred and intolerance, or being used for comedy, I’d take the latter.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:43 pm

AlexKx wrote:

Some are. Most aren't.

Being a Republican, you might be able to tell me how many fresh wars Republican Presidents have got the US into in the last forty or fifty years, against the number that Democrat ones have.

Bearing the result of that in mind, it might shed a little light how much the rest of the world is looking forward to the potential of Donald Trump getting in.

Arrogance? I'm not sure that hoping after a little bit of world peace is "arrogance". Arrogance is more akin to all those who wanted Gulf War 2 without any considerations about the ramifications of it. Yeah, cheaper gas! Woah! Go Dubya!

Compared to the likes of France, the US has had very little trouble from IS, yet the Genesis of this sort of terrorism is all about how the West, particularly the US, and even more particularly Republican administrations, has dealt with Iraq and Syria.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:45 pm

AlexKx wrote:

Whoa there, you little mentalist! I know you do get excitable - it is your thing and all that; but to make such a blind, sweeping statement about a race of people is simply beyond ignorant and prejudiced. So, calm down and just think about what you are spitting out for one second. Take a deep breath and find some clarity. Good boy.

Go back to your zany little posts (with all the emoticons and irrational shit you do so well) - we like you so much better that way. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On