Freddie Mercury's 70th Birthday - September 5, 2016

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Freddie Mercury's 70th Birthday - September 5, 2016

Postby CNB » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:39 pm

"Freddie Mercury Official Birthday Party Update: Queen + Adam Lambert: Summersonic Live in Tokyo - Exclusive Private Screening"

http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/site ... ning_11444
Last edited by CNB on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: Freddie Mercury's 70th Birthday - Septermber 5, 2016

Postby YAFF » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:47 am

CNB wrote:"Freddie Mercury Official Birthday Party Update: Queen + Adam Lambert: Summersonic Live in Tokyo - Exclusive Private Screening"

Why? That's rather obnoxious to be honest. "Happy Birthday Freddie...hope you like crap".
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:40 am

YAFF wrote:
CNB wrote:"Freddie Mercury Official Birthday Party Update: Queen + Adam Lambert: Summersonic Live in Tokyo - Exclusive Private Screening"

Why? That's rather obnoxious to be honest. "Happy Birthday Freddie...hope you like crap".

Why not have a concert that includes Freddie and John is my question/POV.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby YAFF » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 am

icy wrote:
YAFF wrote:

Why not have a concert that includes Freddie and John is my question/POV.

Exactly. This is insulting and presumptuous, An example of Brian and Roger forcing this odious farce on Freddie fans. Shove your QAL up your collective asses.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby julymorning » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:05 am

Yeah, I'm pretty much with you, yaff, on this one. The effort was good for awhile, like the + with Paul Rodgers. Some of it I couldn't stand, some of it was so good it knocked me over. Well, one of it, Love Kills. I'm dismayed they're still running with this.

It's time to collaborate on stage with someone else for awhile. And no, I am not suggesting Marc Martel.
The idea that Roger and Brian are so entrenched with including Adam Lambert under the Queen name is just ruining the memory.

I am a big supporter of the old dudes continuing to play, it's their passion. If they're going to keep this + AL for the duration change the dang name to something else. Like the Brian May Love Affair or something.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:55 am

YAFF wrote:
Exactly. This is insulting and presumptuous, An example of Brian and Roger forcing this odious farce on Freddie fans. Shove your QAL up your collective asses.

Yes, its not quite sitting well with me as well. There are so many Queen concerts that could be shown instead, and to mark Freddie's birthday, IMO, Freddie and John should be shown at such an event instead of Q+AL.
Does Q+AL need promontion this badly or something? Tour news and dates is already out there.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby soxtalon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 am

I actually have no problem with QAL continuing and if they come back to the US, I'll go see them again. I had a fun time. I would like to see more diverse set but overall, good on them. BUT to have QAL at a Freddie b-day party just seems tacky. NOT a fan of that move.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:21 am

I was gonna go to this event and would have booked if I had not have lost my job. Thank heavens for small mercies. Like everyone else says, the party should be to celebrate Freddie not QAL.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm not sure but I thought I read a while ago that the Queen Extravaganza guys are going to perform LIVE in Montreux, Switzerland for the Freddie Mercury 70th birthday event.
Last edited by CNB on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm

My guess would be that the impetus to show the QAL concert was to give attendees a new experience, rather than showing a concert that they've probably already seen (or have in their Queen collections at home).

I doubt that the motive was to publicize the QAL tours. The tours don't seem to have any trouble generating sales or attention.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Montavilla wrote:My guess would be that the impetus to show the QAL concert was to give attendees a new experience, rather than showing a concert that they've probably already seen (or have in their Queen collections at home).

I doubt that the motive was to publicize the QAL tours. The tours don't seem to have any trouble generating sales or attention.

Thing is, I doubt there will be many, if at all any, die hard AL fans at the event. I am sure they could have found something with Freddie.Unless of course this is a pending release and designed to publisise it.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Montavilla » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:16 pm

JLP wrote:
Montavilla wrote:My guess would be that the impetus to show the QAL concert was to give attendees a new experience, rather than showing a concert that they've probably already seen (or have in their Queen collections at home).

Thing is, I doubt there will be many, if at all any, die hard AL fans at the event. I am sure they could have found something with Freddie.Unless of course this is a pending release and designed to publisise it.

I didn't mention that, but it did cross my mind that there's probably a few die-hard AL fans who would attend just to see the QAL showing. (Although, honestly, they've probably already pirated the broadcast.) But I'm sure that wasn't a major consideration for the trust in making the decision.

I also wondered if this might signal a DVD release -- someday -- of the Japanese QAL concert. But, since I'm in the US, I don't have a sense of what kind of publicity an MPT event would generate. Would it create more buzz than simply talking up the release in tour interviews?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Re: Freddie Mercury's 70th Birthday - September 5, 2016

Postby JLP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:28 pm

I know of a concert that came very, very close to a release a few years back that would have gone down extremely well.If people have had a few beers, they would not care a hoot if it wasn't perfect picture or sound quality. Or they could have played the tracks from the upcoming BBC On Air release.

I just feel uncomfortable that a party celebrating Freddie's birthday is showing a non Freddie thing.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby CNB » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:30 pm

JLP wrote:Thing is, I doubt there will be many, if at all any, die hard AL fans at the event. I am sure they could have found something with Freddie.Unless of course this is a pending release and designed to publisise it.

This was posted previously -- 14 videos made by a fan at that Tokyo show:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Adu5rwC9Se

There was a broadcast video of the complete Tokyo show posted (no longer available) which I think might be the one that was the Japan broadcast that is going to be shown at the private screening. I hope it will be released on a DVD for purchase.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Montavilla wrote:
JLP wrote:

I didn't mention that, but it did cross my mind that there's probably a few die-hard AL fans who would attend just to see the QAL showing. (Although, honestly, they've probably already pirated the broadcast.) But I'm sure that wasn't a major consideration for the trust in making the decision.

I also wondered if this might signal a DVD release -- someday -- of the Japanese QAL concert. But, since I'm in the US, I don't have a sense of what kind of publicity an MPT event would generate. Would it create more buzz than simply talking up the release in tour interviews?

I always thought these events was/is to keep Freddie's memory alive and to raise money. I hope it will always be that way.
Yes, let the powers use this very important Freddie event to promote and hype up Q+AL. Ugh.
I'm shocked its come to this. Beyond tacky that it's being shown for whatever reason/s. Q+AL news and dates are already out out there, and if there will be a future release, I'm sure Brian, Roger and AL will promote it to the hilt. Not like they don't hype up AL already.
There are plenty of Queen concerts with Freddie that could be shown, even if it's been seen before. There are upcoming Freddie and Queen releases, I wonder how that will be promoted by Brian and Roger, and if that will get a mention at this event.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions