Freddie singles boxset keenest price.

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Freddie singles boxset keenest price.

Postby Liam100 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Where have you found the Freddie singles boxset for the keenest price?

Amazon UK have it for £102.50, Amazon France €128.12.
Wow HD have it for €110.80 - that will attract vat in Ireland as it is coming from outside the EU (USA) and is over €22.

What have you found?

Cheers,

Liam

Liam100
Spread Your Wings

Re: Freddie singles boxset keenest price.

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Haven't received mine yet, but someone here pointed me towards a place called "Spin CDs".

Think it was just over £140 for TWO boxsets.

Went into HMV yesterday, and they have it on sale for £99. Might be £99.99
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby RodandBeth » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

If you're interested in buying this item and, it is a thing of beauty, please be warned of a disappointing aspect of the release that has caused me much frustration.

It's the dreaded download. It doesn't work and when I queried it with 'backtoblackvinyl' I received the following email:

Hi - thank you for contacting us.
I am very sorry but there has been a delay in us obtaining the audio for this title from the record label. We hope to receive it in the next few days. If you have already validated a unique code the album should appear in your 'my downloads' section as soon as it becomes available.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the wait.
Kind regards
Support

Unbelievable - they don't even have the item! I sent the email last weekend, four days later it's still not there.

RodandBeth
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:56 am

OK, got to ask this.

Has anyone else who ordered their boxset through SpinCDs, actually received anything yet, and if so, what was the price on it, when you ordered it? It's the first I've ever used them, and despite there being quite a few fairly glowing reviews on the I-net about them, there is also the occasional horror story.

I'm coming to the conclusion that they might have realised that they underpriced it, and are reticent to actually ship it to me at the quoted price. So if anyone has, or hasn't got anything off them yet.... I've contacted them about half a dozen times, and get the same line, "Oh, there was a hold up in stock. I'll get it shipped in the next couple of days!"

Any feedback gratefully accepted.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby stagnation » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 am

Kes wrote:OK, got to ask this.

Has anyone else who ordered their boxset through SpinCDs, actually received anything yet, and if so, what was the price on it, when you ordered it? It's the first I've ever used them, and despite there being quite a few fairly glowing reviews on the I-net about them, there is also the occasional horror story.

I'm coming to the conclusion that they might have realised that they underpriced it, and are reticent to actually ship it to me at the quoted price. So if anyone has, or hasn't got anything off them yet....

Any feedback gratefully accepted.

I think you should watch this....

phpBB [video]

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks for that.

The set is up on their website currently for £99:99.

I'd lay odds the people ordering it for that, might be receiving them, and that SpinCDs don't like the thought of losing a possible £20 a box, to the people who ordered it months ago.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby RodandBeth » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:57 am

Ah, Spin CDs.....

I too have read a number of conflicting reports about them but having been let down by them last year, I'll never use them again. I agree with the comments in the film that they almost certainly advertise and sell items that they don't actually have in stock/on back order - they'll just order them in turn when you order (and pay) through Spin's site.

There are too many forum postings around the net that talk of endless phone calls and unanswered emails for this to be healthy. When you do get through it's always a 'stock issue with the supplier', 'staff shortage' or 'staff ill health' issue. It's as if they collectively decide what the 'excuse of the week' is going to be, just for the sake of consistency!

Their prices are generally good. Their mission seemingly, is to always undercut Amazon but.... Amazon don't debit you until the item is dispatched to you and you know that generally, they'll resolve any problems speedily. My biggest gripe though is that if they let you down by not stocking something, they'll still list the item on their site for months afterwards. And people will order the non-existent stock and they'll be let down too!

I actually want to like Spin CDs. I like independent Record Stores and I support their aims but they're biting off more than they can chew. Consequently I'm happily going too pay £20 more for the forthcoming Pink Floyd box set from Amazon because I know that I'll get it, probably on the day of release and if it's in any way damaged, I can get a replacement. Sad really but that's the reality of it.

Even sadder, I still look at the Spin CDs website because it's a good condensed way of seeing what's coming out. If I'm interested in something I'll then go off to Amazon (or someone else) and buy it there.

RodandBeth
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Kes wrote:Thanks for that.

The set is up on their website currently for £99:99.

I'd lay odds the people ordering it for that, might be receiving them, and that SpinCDs don't like the thought of losing a possible £20 a box, to the people who ordered it months ago.

didn't HMV do a similar thing with a release a while back? I remember ordering something for a ridiculous price but they then withdrew it later on. for the life of me,I cannot remember what it was.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Liam100 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi Kes,

I didn't order when I saw that the £140 offer you got was gone.

I hope things work out ok.

Liam100
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Well, just to make sure I'll have one, I went to HMV today and bought one over the counter.

And having talked to Spin on the phone today, they told me the pallet from UMG, had been squashed, and that most of their boxes had splits down the side (hmmm, sounds familiar), they promised me they are getting replacements next week, and will send mine out. We'll see. Personally, I'm not holding my breath, and have a feeling I'll be claiming a refund. Either way, I probably won't be ordering anything from them again.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Well, yesterday I received the boxsets from Spin, only about five weeks after they were released, but better late than never.

I'll probably avoid going through the experience a second time.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby the great pretender » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 am

i'm still waiting on my pre-release order

the great pretender
Spread Your Wings

Return to The Show Must Go On