Time to boycott Queen releases?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Time to boycott Queen releases?

Postby Welshqueenfan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:23 am

Is it time to boycott new Queen releases? Us fans are just being ripped off with second rate goods which have been released before. The new Queen on air being a prime example. Not to mention the multiple copies of queen live at wembley dvd. When are the fans going to get stuff like "Im guess we're falling out" demos or the outtakes of bohemian rhapsody? Or the parts of hyde park concert and houston that have been filmed? Also, I bet this gets deleted becasue I dared to criticise queen.

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Re: Time to boycott Queen releases?

Postby action » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am

absolutely.

the Queen on air package is the final straw.

the BBC tracks have been officially released before: Queen at the bbc + various songs scattered over the 2011 reissues.

So to release them, AGAIN, they AT THE VERY LEAST should have added the complete GG performance. The way the bootlegs are packaged (Queen in the mirror + Queen in the mirror again). It really is that fucking simple. In stead we get a lame ass butchered version with '80s live tracks smeared across them. It's inexcusable.

I will be ordering the mirror again album from ebay (with the complete GG gig), since the GG gig is really the only thing missing in my collection, and i'll be laughing my ass off at all the sheep shelling out money for this pointless release. lmfao. QPL are such a bunch of tossers.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 am

Nothing wrong with releasing all the BBC tracks in one complete collection. It was overdue.

Where they failed miserably was coming up with the idea of a deluxe version that devoted three cds to fucking interviews while giving fans the middle finger by including an additional cd of previously unreleased (officially) live tracks instead of the full concerts, insulting us one step further by including God Save the Queen as one of those tracks. I would say it's insulting but this is par for the course for Queen Productions. They really should have just left it at the BBC tracks and not tried anything else for this release.

I think it's safe to say none of us understand the rationale Brian and Roger are using to make these decisions.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby Welshqueenfan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Well im wondering how much input Brian and Roger actually have with the releases. Afterall, Queen are contracted to release records each year, but due to there being no new material, we just get a million versions of wembley, re released albums, when the fans already have all theses! If they just released Flix on blu ray it would be something.

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:00 pm

No need to delete the thread. We still live in a democratic society, at least until Trump gets his way.

I am happy with the sessions in one place but would have preferred the GG gig in its entirety. As for boycotting products that is an individual choice. A bit like something I have avoided like the plague.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby FCB101 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:57 pm

JLP wrote:No need to delete the thread. We still live in a democratic society, at least until Trump gets his way.

I am happy with the sessions in one place but would have preferred the GG gig in its entirety. As for boycotting products that is an individual choice. A bit like something I have avoided like the plague.
Well, my posts under the press release - which was criticism - were deleted :bomb:

I agree that it's great to have the 2 cd version with the complete BBC sessions.

I just can't believe anymore they will give us lots of unheard content (for example a box with 3 blu rays and 10 audio discs from 79 with all MUSICAL content).

FCB101
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I stopped buying Queen products years ago! It's up to them what they release, but it's up to me if I want to buy it.

I will buy On Air, but only if I can do so digitally, if I can't, then I won't....same with Golder's Green, I have to be able to buy it separately as I don't want the interviews...if I can't do that, then I won't bother.

I broke free years ago.... :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:10 pm

fairydandy wrote:I stopped buying Queen products years ago! It's up to them what they release, but it's up to me if I want to buy it.

I will buy On Air, but only if I can do so digitally, if I can't, then I won't....same with Golder's Green, I have to be able to buy it separately as I don't want the interviews...if I can't do that, then I won't bother.

I broke free years ago.... :P

And been speaking GA GA ever since. :P
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:21 pm

JLP wrote:
And been speaking GA GA ever since. :P

Shove it. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Nope, I won't be boycotting Queen releases.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby TheHero » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 pm

I won't boycott Queen either.

Remember, if they did it for the money, they would have included more of the rare stuff. So there are other reasons I am sure.

I like the way they are releasing things slowly, because then there will be more to look forward to. And relax, Hyde Park, Earls Court, Houston will come, when it's time. I bet one of the 1977 concerts will be out in 2017.

I bet 9 out of 10 have never heard these BBC recordings, and will be more than happy with it.
Release Date News Of The World 40th Anniversary Edition: 17 November 2017

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 pm

I think boycotting all releases is a ridiculous notion, that's just as likely to leave one cutting off the nose to spite the face at some point.

I didn't buy Queen Forever, as I wasn't willing to re-buy a bunch of greatest hits for a couple of "new" tracks (only one of which was technically new to me).

I bought the Rainbow and Hammersmith, as they were both worthwhile to me (although I had criticisms of both)

A bit on the fence on this new one, but likely to buy one version.

Which is a massively verbose way of saying "take each case on it's merits"

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby soxtalon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Not boycotting for certain. I will take everything as it comes.

Rainbow was spectacular.
Forever was meh but I really wanted the new tracks so I went ahead

Odeon gets more flack than it should get - it' no Rainbow but it still was decent enough - It could have been better but it was a good purchase

On Air - Definitely getting the 6CD. There's enough that it's worth it to me - again I understand it could have been better.

I still remain optimistic about the eventual Live Killers Box set. I think that will be great. I don't know why but I have faith in that..... :cool:

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby popyfm » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:22 am

JLP wrote:No need to delete the thread. We still live in a democratic society, at least until Trump gets his way.

Please explain that to the people managing the news section on queenonline.com Every comment on every news posts from that section since 2009 was completely wiped and the comment feature disabled.

Or it's just some bug that appeared "coincidently and randomly" in this precise point in time?

popyfm
Spread Your Wings

Postby Bri » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:13 pm

It's funny - I don't download bootlegs or non official releases so this stuff is new for me and great quality!

So I am happy!

If you don't want it - don't buy it - simples!

Some people will never never be happy no matter what they do.

I am sure BM and RT lose absolutely no sleep at all over the moaners. With the legacy they have they have every right to control what is released in their name.
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On