Barcelona Special 2CD Edition: Official or pirate?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Barcelona Special 2CD Edition: Official or pirate?

Postby Emanuele » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:07 pm

I've found this 2 CD release of Barcelona Special Edition for online purchasing:

1.jpg
2.jpg

As I was unable to find official reviews about it, I wonder if it can be a pirate copy or something similar, even because I can't understand what "video" refers to, inasmuch as it's an audio CD (see pic below)... the video version of the song, perhaps? :roll:

3.jpg
3.jpg (23.31 KiB) Viewed 959 times

Does a 2 CD version of this album really exist?

Emanuele
Spread Your Wings

Re: Barcelona Special 2CD Edition: Official or pirate?

Postby Kes » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Personally, I only saw the one-CD, and 3CD/1DVD boxset when it came out.

Doesn't mean it's not a "real" one, as differences in these things seem to be a regional thing.

As regards the "video", have you tried putting the CD in a computer drive? I've seriously got loads of audio CD albums, with a CD-ROM video or two tagged on the end of them. So apart from the fact that I wasn't aware of a "recut" video for the new orchestrated version of the song, the theory IS plausible.

The track listing you have, is incidentally the first two CDs in the boxset, minus the video, of course.

Try checking the discs for matrix information, printed on the playing side in the centre. The relevant information should be similar to the stuff written at the bottom of the piece on the following webpage ...

https://www.discogs.com/Freddie-Mercury ... rat-Caballé-Barcelona-Special-Edition/release/3838738
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Re: Barcelona Special 2CD Edition: Official or pirate?

Postby Emanuele » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Kes wrote:Personally, I only saw the one-CD, and 3CD/1DVD boxset

Same here! :-D

Kes wrote:As regards the "video", have you tried putting the CD in a computer drive?

Kes wrote:Try checking the discs for matrix information, printed on the playing side in the centre.

Unfortunately I don't have this CD, I was looking for information about it just to decide to buy it or not.
According to the Discogs notes, this 2 CD version seems to be some kind of an unofficial Russian release reprint (more info: https://www.discogs.com/it/Freddie-Merc ... se/4841562), and it's very likely that the first CD works like a CD-ROM.

Therefore I don't think I will buy this product (which could easily be a fake, in my opinion), but anyway, if someone is interested, it can be found on eBay. :)

Emanuele
Spread Your Wings

Return to The Show Must Go On