Roger Taylor hints at recording new Queen music with Brian M

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Roger Taylor hints at recording new Queen music with Bri

Postby michaelGuzz71 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:00 am

I also said that, the late 90's was the perfect time to put out one last Queen album. As mentioned already they should of combined the best songs from Another World and Electric Fire with Brian and Roger singing, as well as a guest singer or two for the hard rock songs Brian couldn't pull off. That was the last time they were creative. By the time paul Rodgers came around they were done.

michaelGuzz71
Spread Your Wings

Postby Burn On Dakota » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:57 am

cmsdrums wrote:I love Brian and Roger's voice together in harmony on the album version of 'Say It's Not True' (before PR come wailing in)

After the Snare fill and then the first "say its not true" just that line, is the only time Queen+ felt like Queen Prime.

Burn On Dakota
Spread Your Wings

Postby dearmrmurdoch » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:54 pm

icy wrote:
dearmrmurdoch wrote:True that Brian and Roger aren't great singers...but very few people are 'great' singers.

I didn't say they weren't great singers - I was referring to the usual comments you often get on forums. Roger in particular is a great singer who can do harder rock numbers as well as ballads, whilst Brian is better suited to quieter numbers. The fact is - Brian and Roger weren't unknowns, as they had sung numerous Queen tracks themselves and done plenty of solo material. Kind of mental that they saw the only way forward was to employ a fill in singer from an old band who have largely been forgotten about.

Having Brian and Roger taking lead vocals would surely have led to greater commercial success than having Paul Rodgers fronting. Rodgers is perhaps technically a better singer, but is a singer of a genre that commercially hasn't been of that great an interest to many for decades.

dearmrmurdoch
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 pm

I think that things are genuinely going dashingly! :D

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Zak Royen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 am

Burn On Dakota wrote:
cmsdrums wrote:I love Brian and Roger's voice together in harmony on the album version of 'Say It's Not True' (before PR come wailing in)

After the Snare fill and then the first "say its not true" just that line, is the only time Queen+ felt like Queen Prime.

I would say Brian's playing at the end of that song is definitely above the rest of the album. It has a lot of soul.

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On