Queen- in 3-D!

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen- in 3-D!

Postby eiricd » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:32 pm

didn't think Paul Rodgers would be given any love, but he is included.

Bri's soapbox says it all though :lol: ; "you’ll notice we have a couple of pages on Paul Rodgers and a few pages on the wonderful Adam Lambert, and I think Adam Lambert fans will enjoy that, as will Queen fans, because Adam is really a member of the family now"

yeah...no bad blood there :lol: :lol: :lol:

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby bluerhap » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Best news on the video. European tour in October and UK tour in December. It will be great to see the old boys live again.

bluerhap
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:51 pm

eiricd wrote:didn't think Paul Rodgers would be given any love, but he is included.

Bri's soapbox says it all though :lol: ; "you’ll notice we have a couple of pages on Paul Rodgers and a few pages on the wonderful Adam Lambert, and I think Adam Lambert fans will enjoy that, as will Queen fans, because Adam is really a member of the family now"

yeah...no bad blood there :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know if there's any bad blood between Paul and Brian, and I don't really care, but I'm not sure if Brian not using a superlative before Paul's name while doing so really proves anything either way.

I got the feeling the 'family' stuff was more a pitch to Adam's fans (who are more likely to be watching this video than Paul's) to please buy the book, not any kind of dig at Paul.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:30 pm

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby LifeisReal » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 pm

I would really like to get this, but am I thinking £50 is a bit steep, I guess for the years of work to pull it together, and as Bri says the quality of print it has been more costly to put together.
I wonder what the break even number is in sales.

I know I'll regret it if I don't buy, but £50 ....
It's all so beautiful, Like a landscape painting in the sky

LifeisReal
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:10 am

Was going to say 'get it on Amazon, it's half the price' but noticed it's up to £50 again. I pre-ordered in July last year and I guess at some point the price was down as low as £26 as that's what it's at in my order history.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:21 pm

LifeisReal wrote:I would really like to get this, but am I thinking £50 is a bit steep, I guess for the years of work to pull it together, and as Bri says the quality of print it has been more costly to put together.
I wonder what the break even number is in sales.

I know I'll regret it if I don't buy, but £50 ....

Hmmm...was thinking exactly the same thing; 50 squid does seem a lot for a bloody book, but it sounds incredibly high quality and I think I would thoroughly enjoy seeing the old boys through the years in glorious in-your-face 3d.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby TheHero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Latest update:

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm

phpBB [video]

I have the first book, it is indeed a really incredible experience to look at those photographs in 3D. Great discovery back in the day.

One thing I have experienced is that the better quality of the photo, the more interesting it is to look at. A modern photo is much more detailed than those old ones in the first book. So I imagine this Queen book will be quite incredible actually, quite something else than those from the 1850s.

If you never saw Queen live, this will be the closest you will ever get to see them live, even a Queen DVD won't let you see the band in 3D. With these photos, you will visually be on the stage with Queen, and get a feeling of how it might have been to see them live in concert. The only thing missing is the sound.

Brian loves stereo effects I think.. both in the guitar solos and in photos. ;)
As he said, photos are for the eyes, like music is for the ears.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Milkman » Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 am

Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby BitterTears » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

I thought the article was fine but agree with Brian that it was mostly just about the same old stuff and almost nothing to do with the book. The media do seem pretty obsessed with Queen's parties. But I'm sort of surprised he's so angry about it although I guess it's mostly out of frustration he's been holding off doing other things with the book thinking the Times article much more focused on it.

One thing that I took issue with but Brian didn't actually touch on was that the author contrasted Brian's views on animal rights with his normal rational manner which I thought was basically suggesting that it was irrational to care about the needless, useless and unscientific badger cull. I guess the author disagreed on that.

I would love to know more about the story of when Brian paused the interview and then 20 minutes later was outside taking photos of his bushes!

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Milkman » Mon May 22, 2017 5:32 pm

BitterTears wrote:I would love to know more about the story of when Brian paused the interview and then 20 minutes later was outside taking photos of his bushes!

Photos of bushes? So that's where he gets his ideas for his hairstyles. Must be thinking about a new look for the upcoming tour.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby TheHero » Mon May 22, 2017 5:49 pm

I agree with Brian, it was a very cheap trick to write such an article, when he had given them all the exclusive rights, and because of that, turned down many other papers who wanted to write about the book.

I suppose when you go out big, with a newspaper like Sunday Times, there is always a risk of having crap journalism. It would be more safe to let a serious scientific- or photo/camera magazine do the job, but then again you would not reach that many people.

Though to be honest, I think maybe the front cover of the book doesn't do the content that much justice either. It is flashy, and shows Freddie only, so you could be mistaken to think it is all about that, but it is not. Then again, you can't judge a book by the cover.

As a rule, all promotion is good promotion, and from what I have read, the book is already selling like hot cakes.

https://twitter.com/TheSTMagazine

And here we go again, British press haven't learned a thing after all these years:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by TheHero on Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jimi » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 am

BitterTears wrote:I thought the article was fine but agree with Brian that it was mostly just about the same old stuff and almost nothing to do with the book. The media do seem pretty obsessed with Queen's parties. But I'm sort of surprised he's so angry about it although I guess it's mostly out of frustration he's been holding off doing other things with the book thinking the Times article much more focused on it.

One thing that I took issue with but Brian didn't actually touch on was that the author contrasted Brian's views on animal rights with his normal rational manner which I thought was basically suggesting that it was irrational to care about the needless, useless and unscientific badger cull. I guess the author disagreed on that.

I would love to know more about the story of when Brian paused the interview and then 20 minutes later was outside taking photos of his bushes!

I got the same feeling too.
To be fair to the Times he does say quite a lot about the various periods of Queen excess.
I mean why didn't he just steer the interview in another direction? Its interesting how said stories are rebuked so much now as time goes by. No longer seem to be so big or clever. The Jazz FBG episode clearly embarrasses him.

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On