Queen- in 3-D!

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen- in 3-D!

Postby TheHero » Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm

phpBB [video]

Unboxing, part 1. (---> 1978 Jazz Tour)

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby monkeyman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

After getting hold of a signed copy. I have a spare unsigned copy for sale. Are there any Danish fans after the book. 400 kroner plus postage. Far cheaper than if you bought on amazon and paid for postage. Or collect in Copenhagen area.

monkeyman
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 pm

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby LifeisReal » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Having resisted at the £50 price I have now ordered from Amazon as the price has gone down to £32.50. It's got excellent reviews so looking forward to delivery.
It's all so beautiful, Like a landscape painting in the sky

LifeisReal
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 pm

phpBB [video]

This feels like yesterday.. time goes fast!

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby sebastian » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Finally got it. It's fantastic!
John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Thanks to Brian I got to learn about the world of 3D. I hardly knew the basic facts behind stereoscopic viewing before Brian explained it. I can see why he likes this, and it is kind of inspiring that a man of his age still has the interest for this I think. You don't have to be old and boring just because you get older. Though I am not obsessed with 3D photos, I find it very amusing. Like music and movies, or reading books, it is an escape into another world, and that is necessary sometimes.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:02 am

sebastian wrote:Finally got it. It's fantastic!

I have been debating getting this for a while, and now after seeing so many good reviews I think I am going to have to buy this little beauty; I've heard that the quality of the 3d photos are amazing. I shall have to shove this on my Christmas wish list.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby sebastian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:15 am

It's obviously not perfect - far from it - but it's as close as it gets to an autobio. It's got the inside scoop on a number of things and it helps us finally put faces to some names including John Etchells and Chuka Kujiraoka. He speaks about music for a change (giving us some nice little stories about the making of some songs) and mostly (though not entirely) refrains from the tabloid-esque gossip that ruins so many books and articles.

What makes this piece so brilliant, besides the photographs of course (which are priceless), is that it's written by a direct witness, rather than a rock journo or a self-appointed expert. That's also the reason why I wouldn't write a book about Queen: it'd only be a website put on print at best. Brian's book and Peter Hince's book (and, to some extent, Freestone's and Hutton's) have the advantage of relying on their authors as primary source, rather than simply googling whatever info they're putting in there.

Not to mention that the doctor obviously has his way with words and witnessed all or most of the events depicted there. For those who like Adam (or Paul Rodgers) it's also a nice tribute to them; for those who don't ... well, the last twenty or so pages can go in the shredder or can be overlooked and that's it.
John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:11 pm

sebastian wrote:It's obviously not perfect - far from it - but it's as close as it gets to an autobio. It's got the inside scoop on a number of things and it helps us finally put faces to some names including John Etchells and Chuka Kujiraoka. He speaks about music for a change (giving us some nice little stories about the making of some songs) and mostly (though not entirely) refrains from the tabloid-esque gossip that ruins so many books and articles.

What makes this piece so brilliant, besides the photographs of course (which are priceless), is that it's written by a direct witness, rather than a rock journo or a self-appointed expert. That's also the reason why I wouldn't write a book about Queen: it'd only be a website put on print at best. Brian's book and Peter Hince's book (and, to some extent, Freestone's and Hutton's) have the advantage of relying on their authors as primary source, rather than simply googling whatever info they're putting in there.

Not to mention that the doctor obviously has his way with words and witnessed all or most of the events depicted there. For those who like Adam (or Paul Rodgers) it's also a nice tribute to them; for those who don't ... well, the last twenty or so pages can go in the shredder or can be overlooked and that's it.

Cheers for the review. :)

I know I will love this book: to be able to peer into the past world of my favourite band (and those photos of Freddie...it's the closest I will ever be to a man I truly adore), as well as read Brian's words (I like the way he writes and his intelligent insights) will keep me happy and interested for hours on end I am sure.

Luckily, the other half was literally just asking me today what I wanted for Christmas; I need not tell you what was top of that list...I'll be like a bleedin' seven year old Xmas morning.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On