Freddie Mercury Mr Bad Guy Is it time for reissue?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Freddie Mercury Mr Bad Guy Is it time for reissue?

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Guru wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:... version in which they get some contemporary singers to duet with Freddie on some songs.

What the ACTUAL fuck?

One hundred per cent. I am not stating re-record the original album like that, more make a second disc and rework some of the tracks: that way everyone is happy - one could buy simply the single disc or the double if they wanted to hear said duet tracks. Simples.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Jimi wrote:Its not necessary to say its subjective or 'its only my opinion' of course it is !
Quite simply its a poor album that doesn't need or require a reissue. Just play the bloody one you've got if you must ! Believe me its much more than half of Queen fans that don't have any time for it

Well, I felt it was necessary to state that fact again because...it is true. You have your opinion: you think it a poor album; I have mine: I think there are some classy numbers on it. Now, are you correct or am I correct? Quick answer for you: neither of us is correct in this case. Why? Because it is all subjective!

And as for stating that more than half of all Queen fans do not have time for it - well, you cannot prove that; as I cannot prove they do. So, we will have to leave that one.

And why does it bother you so much if they release it? Just do not buy it! Ignore it! How could this release possibly bother anybody? :roll:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jimi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:37 pm

I don't care whether they release it 10 times.
Its of no consequence. I just don't think its 'necessary'
Channel more energy into releasing some proper Queen live material than recycling stuff like this.
Of course I don't know if half don't like it but if I canvassed everyone I came across from when it was released it would be a lot less than half.

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Jimi wrote:I don't care whether they release it 10 times.
Its of no consequence. I just don't think its 'necessary'
Channel more energy into releasing some proper Queen live material than recycling stuff like this.
Of course I don't know if half don't like it but if I canvassed everyone I came across from when it was released it would be a lot less than half.

But as a Queen fan yourself you surely know 'necessary' and 'release' are not words that QPL put together very often. Yes, let's scrap the remastering of Mr Bad Guy and settle for Monopoly instead then.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jimi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm

yes fair point. Surely it must be time for another re hash of the:-
'Greatest Best of Absolute Classic Cuts Queen+live somewhere in 86' by now?

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Jimi wrote:yes fair point. Surely it must be time for another re hash of the:-
'Greatest Best of Absolute Classic Cuts Queen+live somewhere in 86' by now?

Don't go giving them ideas! :P

I am looking forward to the Queen Scrabble edition - press blurb below:

'Freddie simply loved Scrabble and would spend hours on tour playing this classic word game. Now you can step in the shoes of the late, great Freddie Mercury and Play The Game! This special edition gives extra points for certain Queen-related words.

Brian May: We spent 15 years developing this special edition of Scrabble. Now you can truly experience what it was like to be on the Queen tour bus. Rock on, word-lovers!'

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:57 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Simples.

You had minimal credibility before you posted this, which led to a further reduction.

Quoting puppet animals from an advert... :red:

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Guru wrote:

You had minimal credibility before you posted this, which led to a further reduction.

:lol:

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Echoplex » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:52 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Jimi wrote:Its not necessary to say its subjective or 'its only my opinion' of course it is !
Quite simply its a poor album that doesn't need or require a reissue. Just play the bloody one you've got if you must ! Believe me its much more than half of Queen fans that don't have any time for it

. . . .And as for stating that more than half of all Queen fans do not have time for it - well, you cannot prove that; as I cannot prove they do. So, we will have to leave that one.

And why does it bother you so much if they release it? Just do not buy it! Ignore it! How could this release possibly bother anybody? :roll:

You just have to look at the figures, Mr Bad Guy some nothing like a new Queen album would expect too, it's quite possible that more than half of all Queen fans didn't bother with it.

Your second point/question could be answered with, why does it bother you so much to raise the possibility of a re release, a re working and recording of a duets version? That kind of points to you really believing that the original isn't that good!

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Guru wrote:

I know. But, I suppose I did so because I honestly do not give a fuck about credibility - especially on here. None of it matters.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Echoplex wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

. . . .And as for stating that more than half of all Queen fans do not have time for it - well, you cannot prove that; as I cannot prove they do. So, we will have to leave that one.

You just have to look at the figures, Mr Bad Guy some nothing like a new Queen album would expect too, it's quite possible that more than half of all Queen fans didn't bother with it.

Your second point/question could be answered with, why does it bother you so much to raise the possibility of a re release, a re working and recording of a duets version? That kind of points to you really believing that the original isn't that good!

Nah.

Firstly, I did not raise the possibility of a re-release: that was the Freddie Facebook page.

Secondly, the reason I suggested another disc of duets is because - if done well - this could help increase sales (my bad!); the reason I I suggested reworking the backing tracks is because, yes, I think there is definitely room for improvement on a few of them.

None of this detracts from the fact that I feel there are some classy songs on there.

Anyway, none of this discussion matters a shit: it is probably going to be re-released anyway. Happy days.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On