Queen Monopoly Revealed?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen Monopoly Revealed?

Postby hotspace1966 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:56 am

Was a good trip, remember the young girl with the diary, was traveling with her Mum if i recall, seemed a bit strange to me. She was hyper stressed out at meeting Roger and nearly passed out even before we got on the coach to leave for the show.
The show was great the band were tight the set list good even if attendance was poor ( was the start of a gradual decline in interest i felt sadly ) , nice weather, nice town and nice venue ( small hall ).
Seem to also remember that not everyone managed to get backstage and caused a bit of an issue at the time
Cant remember the German girl and any bra ripping but we hung a little bit back left of stage for a decent view.
Hopefully my memory of Clayton was correct...lol although my memory of the actual coach trip ( other than it being very long ) is lost now so can't remember moaning guy at the front...lol
I still have the signed ticket somewhere.
I really enjoyed all the Cross albums and all the shows we went to, think there were even some shows in which Roger never really needed the lyric sheets in front of him ....lol

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby Guru » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
hotspace1966 wrote:We met Roger backstage at a Cross concert in Frankfurt and think he was so overwhelmed that we had traveled that far to support him gave us a good start with him. ( Probably thought we were all idiots ...lol ) But i felt he was genuine in his appreciation as were all the band who were very pleasant in giving up their time apart from Clayton Moss who sat in a corner playing the star not speaking to anyone ! A night to remember. Happy days of a bye gone time......

I went on that trip with Jackie and the fan club in 1990. I remember a guy at the front of the coach playing a golf game on some small device. Quite a funny character. Basically moaning about how bad The Cross were [this was on the way, before the gig] and how Roger's solo work was getting worse by the album. We watched the Live Aid performance on the coach and I brought a couple of Queen boots [audience recordings] that the driver played. I remember the hotel in Rüdesheim was crawling with fucking midges. There was a good looking blonde chick that went with her parents. She presented Roger with some sort of diary/tribute to him, backstage after the show. Some pissed northern twat was only interested in scrounging Camel cigarettes from Josh. Good gig actually, even if the venue was less than half full. Some German bird went loopy during In Charge Of My Heart intro, ripped her bra off and threw it on stage. Her saggy tits banging against my lugholes whilst she tried to piggy on my back.

Another alumni here - I remember sharing an eye-roll with Josh as he battled his drunken fella. I was late to the backstage area as I hadn't heard it had been arranged - I went back to the bus, only for the driver to tell me that everyone else had gone backstage. Back to the venue, round to the back door, and luckily spotted Jacky passing inside, otherwise I'm not sure how I'd have blagged my way back in - my German was decent, but not THAT good.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Guru wrote:Another alumni here - I remember sharing an eye-roll with Josh as he battled his drunken fella. I was late to the backstage area as I hadn't heard it had been arranged - I went back to the bus, only for the driver to tell me that everyone else had gone backstage. Back to the venue, round to the back door, and luckily spotted Jacky passing inside, otherwise I'm not sure how I'd have blagged my way back in - my German was decent, but not THAT good.

Please tell me you're 'The Golf Game Man'.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Ordered my Queen Monopoly today, from Amazon. :)
Delivery date 4-20th of May.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
Guru wrote:Another alumni here - I remember sharing an eye-roll with Josh as he battled his drunken fella. I was late to the backstage area as I hadn't heard it had been arranged - I went back to the bus, only for the driver to tell me that everyone else had gone backstage. Back to the venue, round to the back door, and luckily spotted Jacky passing inside, otherwise I'm not sure how I'd have blagged my way back in - my German was decent, but not THAT good.

Please tell me you're 'The Golf Game Man'.

I wasn't at the front, I don't think. I certainly didn't bitch about Roger or The Cross, and I didn't buy a Nintendo Game Boy until the following year..but then I did play a lot of Golf.... so I can be that boring arse if you like.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Guru wrote:I wasn't at the front, I don't think. I certainly didn't bitch about Roger or The Cross, and I didn't buy a Nintendo Game Boy until the following year..but then I did play a lot of Golf.... so I can be that boring arse if you like.

On the contrary, he was a giggle.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Got a mail from Amazon today, saying the Queen Monopoly has been dispatched and is on it's way :)

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:47 pm

phpBB [video]

First copy. Unboxing video. I like watching Brian unboxing things. Great stuff! :cool:

Detailed information on the game, going through the rules etc. with Brian.
Looks like a well made and fun game! :bigups:

Note.: Funny part when Brian role the dice for the first time (12:00), and he had to pay income tax.

I remember that with their first albums, they had to pay a ridiculous amount of tax because of the strict UK tax laws. Queen later started to record their albums in studios outside the UK; for instance Munich and Montreux. I think it was partly because of the tax system.
Last edited by TheHero on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 pm

I haven't watcehd the video, but when it refers to "the first copy" of the game, presumably it means the first one off the production line even though that was made and wrapped a few weeks ago, as opposed to the first one for sale? My mate bought it several weeks ago and has played it long before this as I presumed others had too?

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 pm

cmsdrums wrote:I haven't watcehd the video, but when it refers to "the first copy" of the game, presumably it means the first one off the production line even though that was made and wrapped a few weeks ago, as opposed to the first one for sale? My mate bought it several weeks ago and has played it long before this as I presumed others had too?

This video was filmed long ago, but published today on the official Queen channels, YouTube, Facebook, Queenonline etc. 20.000 views, 8 hours after being published.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks. Seems a bit odd making such a big fuss about unveiling the first copy when it's already it there though doesn't it?!!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 pm

As it says in the queenonline store:

PLEASE NOTE ALL INITIAL PRE-ORDERS ON THIS ITEM HAVE NOW SOLD OUT ALL ORDERS PLACED AFTER 11/4/2017 WILL SHIP BEGINNING OF JUNE.

http://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/Que ... IDU0000000

That means those who have been waiting for their game to arrive, now won't have to wait much longer. I ordered mine in the beginning of May, from Amazon, but still haven't seen it.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:27 pm

cmsdrums wrote:Thanks. Seems a bit odd making such a big fuss about unveiling the first copy when it's already it there though doesn't it?!!

My guess is that they chose to delay the video, because of the massive amount of pre-orders, that basically sold out all the games in stock.

They waited until June, so that the manufacturer had the time to make new ones for delivery to impatient customers. Sold-out may turn people off today, because they want it all, and they want it NOW!

I also guess they wanted to finish the Queen in 3D-book campaign, so that the focus would be on the Queen Monopoly game afterwards.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Oh, the video is great! Good job Bri-ahn!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:52 pm

AlexKx wrote:Oh, the video is great! Good job Bri-ahn!

Really? 18 minutes of Brian waffling (and, out of sheer boredom, I did actually subject myself to it all) about how to play Monopoly - which could have been done in five minutes. He is a good soul, but, fuck me, sometimes I think he is a bit of a mentalist.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On