Queen Monopoly Revealed?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen Monopoly Revealed?

Postby TheHero » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 pm

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Anthology 1 was probably the worst of the three albums, for the reasons I explained in my last post. The year's most of it covered, the band largely recorded their songs in one take, and there weren't many alternate versions available to flesh the album out, so you have live takes of stuff from things like the Royal Variety Performance, and the Morecombe & Wise show. It is however, a historical document of what's in The Beatles archive in the first two and a half to three years.

Anthologies 2 & 3 are fucking epic though.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby TheHero » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Back in 1995, we did not have YouTube, streaming services and hardly internet at all.. so I never gave 2 and 3
a chance, or a listen, because Beatles vol 1 was such a disappointment. But thanks for the info :)

I think when I bought a Queen CD in 1997, it said http://www.queen-fip.com on the back , which I think was the
original name of the official Queen site.. then at some point it became www.queenonline.com

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:22 am

On the second album, you get to hear how Strawberry Fields went from an acoustic demo, of just John and his guitar, through an almost tantric version, into what we know. There are some REAL gems on both 2 & 3 showing how the band came in with ideas, and how those ideas progressed in the studio.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby TheHero » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:54 pm

New high res. photo. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1200_.jpg

Earls Court is there... could perhaps indicate that Earls court is more likely to have a release than Houston then, in the future.. just guessing. ;)

I guess the concerts chosen for the board are among the more significant ones. After all, the live albums are there too.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 pm

I notice the 'stations' are hit records each written by a different member for the band.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Guru » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 pm

TheHero wrote:Earls Court is there... could perhaps indicate that Earls court is more likely to have a release than Houston then, in the future.. just guessing. ;)

Seibu Lions Stadium is more likely to be released than the LA Forum, but isn't on there at all.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby TheHero » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Guru wrote:
TheHero wrote:Earls Court is there... could perhaps indicate that Earls court is more likely to have a release than Houston then, in the future.. just guessing. ;)

Seibu Lions Stadium is more likely to be released than the LA Forum, but isn't on there at all.

That one is already released on the bonus disc on Live At The Bowl 1982.. including the following songs from Seibu Lions Stadium, Japan:

Flash
The Hero
Now I'm Here
Impromptu
Put Out the Fire
Dragon Attack
Now I'm Here (Reprise)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)

(Calling All Girls - Picture slideshow)

Live At The Bowl (which includes half of the Seibu Lions concert) is already pictured at the gaming board ;)
It is also not very likely that they will ever release two complete concerts from 1982..

LA Forum, California:
With Madison Square Garden, it was once one of the best-known indoor sports venues in the U.S. So for that reason, I think they chose to put it on the gaming board.. LA Forum was in addition a special occasion. They met Michael Jackson backstage.

And for a lot of other reasons, The Forum was very special:

Spoiler! :
Cream played two shows during the band's farewell tour, on October 19–20, 1968, with Deep Purple the opening act. The band's October 19 show produced the live tracks on their farewell LP, Goodbye. Deep Purple also recorded their part of the show, which was later released as a live album entitled Inglewood – Live in California.

The Rolling Stones performed at the Forum during their 1969, 1972 and 1975 North American tours. Steppenwolf played there during their At Your Birthday Party tour on July 14, 1969, with Three Dog Night the opening act. Three Dog Night recorded their set, which was later released as a live album entitled Captured Live at the Forum.

Between 1970 and 1977 Led Zeppelin performed 16 times at the Forum, including a run of six sold-out dates in 1977. Part of their live album, How the West Was Won, was recorded at the arena. The band's first 1977 show is the source of the bootleg Listen to This Eddie. Another bootleg from the Forum shows, For Badgeholders Only, contains one of the last live performances by Keith Moon on drums.

The Jackson 5 performed twice at the Forum: on June 20, 1970 during their first national tour and on August 26, 1972 during their third national tour. The 1970 show broke attendance records, with 18,675 paid admissions and a gross income of $105,000 (when the Jackson 5 had released two albums and three singles). By 1972, they had released seven albums on Motown, in addition to Michael and Jermaine Jackson's solo albums. Both shows were recorded and released as Live at the Forum.

On November 14, 1970 Elvis Presley played afternoon and evening shows, with 18,700 and 18,698 paid admissions. He returned for two more sold-out shows on May 11, 1974, with 18,500 paid admissions each. The Osmonds performed two shows on December 4, 1971, which were recorded and released as The Osmonds Live.

Barbra Streisand performed on April 15, 1972, during a fundraiser for George McGovern's presidential campaign. Although ticket prices ranged from $5.50 to $100 and the event grossed $300,000, after expenses were deducted McGovern's campaign received only $18,000. During her set, Streisand asked the audience to choose between "Second Hand Rose" and "Stoney End" for her next song; the latter was the overwhelming choice. Her performance was recorded and released as Live Concert at the Forum.

On June 21, 1976, Paul McCartney and Wings began a three-night stand at the Forum during their Wings Over the World tour. The shows were McCartney's first live performances in Los Angeles since he played at Dodger Stadium in 1966 with the Beatles. Some songs played at the Forum appeared on the Wings Over America live LP released later that year and re-released in 2013.

The Eagles performed three shows during their Hotel California tour on October 20–22, 1976. The shows were recorded, with some songs appearing on Eagles Live.

The Bee Gees appeared at the Forum during their Children of the World tour on December 20, 1976; the show was recorded and released as Here at Last... Bee Gees... Live. Parliament-Funkadelic recorded half of their live album, Live: P-Funk Earth Tour, at the arena on January 19, 1977. KISS played three shows during their Love Gun Tour on August 26–28, 1977; the shows were recorded and released as Alive II.

phpBB [video]

I think the selected halls/arenas/stadiums are those essential places, for future releases, or even if only for historical reasons, as with LA Forum, which wasn't recorded, but still a legendary building.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Looking forward to pre-order this game, not for sale yet, but watch this space.. :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... &camp=2506

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bigV » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 am

TheHero wrote:I think when I bought a Queen CD in 1997, it said http://www.queen-fip.com on the back , which I think was the
original name of the official Queen site.. then at some point it became http://www.queenonline.com

The first website I EVER visited, back in early 1996...

http://web.archive.org/web/199612230723 ... n-fip.com/

And the CD in question must've been Made In Heaven or one of the singles.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby BitterTears » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 am

I get nostalgic looking at that website. I remember it had a guestbook and you could put 'email me to chat' or something and the people would email you! And you could talk about Queen. Tremendous

Although I think I spent most time on the 'Queen Heaven' chat page. Anyone remember Queen Heaven. Got closed down probably around the turn of the millennium but must have been one of the biggest fan pages around 97/98.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby bigV » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 am

BitterTears wrote:I get nostalgic looking at that website. I remember it had a guestbook and you could put 'email me to chat' or something and the people would email you! And you could talk about Queen. Tremendous

Although I think I spent most time on the 'Queen Heaven' chat page. Anyone remember Queen Heaven. Got closed down probably around the turn of the millennium but must have been one of the biggest fan pages around 97/98.

I miss those days... Everything was new and exciting.

Talk about "bitter tears", am I right?...

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:45 pm

bigV wrote:

V.

Wonderful to see this website again. I remember that same picture used on the website being on the back of the said CD (which, you are quite correct, came from the album or one of the singles as I recall).

Gawd, takes one back. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby bigV » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Speaking of that cover image...

317262_10150280012412061_1689128180_n.jpg

Is that an example of "great minds think alike" or "good artists copy..."? :)

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 pm

bigV wrote:
TheHero wrote:I think when I bought a Queen CD in 1997, it said http://www.queen-fip.com on the back , which I think was the
original name of the official Queen site.. then at some point it became http://www.queenonline.com

V.

Amazing! Never thought I would see that again.. even the clickable links are working! :D

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On