NOTW anniversary release teased by Abbey Road engineer...

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: NOTW anniversary release teased by Abbey Road engineer..

Postby Wild/Wind » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:51 am

I don't think that NOTW need the treatment of Sgt Peppers. Queen first album, Jazz, Live Killers and maybe some songs from the miracle album need that.

The fun thing is that everybody speaks about Beatles, while it was Jean Michel Jarre with Oxygen early 2000, Deep Purple with Machine head and others albums and then Kiss who did that with destroyer album.

Wild/Wind
Spread Your Wings

Postby GalileoFigaro » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:04 pm

News of the World is certainly relatively low on Queen fans' priorities in terms of albums in need of a remaster or remix, but I'd argue that the same could have been said about Sgt. Pepper. I thought the 2009 mono mix was far superior to anything that had been done with anything in the Beatles catalog, but hearing the 2017 remix was so much better than anyone could have ever expected. While I may not think getting a new version of NOTW would be necessary per se, I'd welcome it with open arms. But then again, all of this talk is conjecture. Time will tell what will come beyond this tweet!
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby Guru » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:26 am

Based on a photo of a tape box, people are speculating wildly.

What if it's this...

Album
Newly filmed vid of the musical
Q+AL live show on the current staging

Just as likely, a lot less exciting...

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby BitterTears » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am

Or a re-recorded version of News of the World with Adam Lambert on lead vocals! :shock:

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 am

Given that News of the World is one of my favourite Queen albums, I'm really excited to see what they're planning. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up disappointed :lol:

BitterTears wrote:Not that I'm complaining but how come the 40th anniversary of NotW seems to be getting so much traction?

It's got "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions" on it, that alone makes it pretty noteworthy in the wider public conscience.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Most the albums have some kind of widely known mega-hit (or hits) on them.

The more I think about it the less I think there's any real signifiance to it, it's just something that's happening and not something Brian and Roger have gone 'out of all the albums and anniversaries, *this* is the one we must do something big for'

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:57 pm

BitterTears wrote:Most the albums have some kind of widely known mega-hit (or hits) on them.

The more I think about it the less I think there's any real signifiance to it, it's just something that's happening and not something Brian and Roger have gone 'out of all the albums and anniversaries, *this* is the one we must do something big for'

I disagree. I have a very sneaky feeling that we will see a significant NOTW release before this year is out. If I am wrong (by the end of this year), I shall hold my hands up...let's wait and see.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby soxtalon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Well it may also heavily be inspired that they have this material they want to release ready to go and can use the 40th as an excuse to release it. Let's face it. There's no rhyme or reason as to what they release anymore. We know that Rhys Thomas either did or at least wanted to work on the Bob Harris Doc. We know Houston is available. Why *NOT* tie it in with an anniversary and why not then use that to inspire your tour that year....It may not be that they want to celebrate it specifically but it's a good excuse nonetheless!

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
BitterTears wrote:Most the albums have some kind of widely known mega-hit (or hits) on them.

I disagree. I have a very sneaky feeling that we will see a significant NOTW release before this year is out. If I am wrong (by the end of this year), I shall hold my hands up...let's wait and see.

I think so too (based on this topic) but just because not because this is the one album and anniversary that they've been waiting for

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby dazh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Just got the new Planet Rock magazine in an article about the album it mentions a expanded edition of the album that is going to be released.

dazh
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:04 pm

dazh wrote:Just got the new Planet Rock magazine in an article about the album it mentions a expanded edition of the album that is going to be released.

Just started a topic about this...great minds :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On