The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Postby Ian R » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:
Kes wrote:Is it me? :shock:

That just sounds like the album version recorded in a public toilet.

Pretty certain someone has just dicked around with filters in an off the shelf audio software programme, and added some weird arse echoes to make it feel like an alternate version...

Nope: it was posted on YouTube by someone who got it from a reel-to-reel tape. It's legit; the final mix was sped up a semitone:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1425723/sheer-heart-attack-demo-august-1977.aspx

The original upload:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Ian R
Spread Your Wings

Postby stagnation » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 pm

TheHero wrote:
sacko wrote:sleeping on the sidewalk live shows, once again, what a shit singer brian is and how much freddie dominates. including brian's screeching vocals for a whopping two songs, really hurt the overall quality of the album. selfish prick he is.

Brian doing lead vocal on a "whopping total of 10 songs" (mostly written by Brian) of a song list of around 170 songs. I wouldn't call that selfish. :roll:

Songs sung by Brian, have I forgot any ? :

Some Day One Day
She Makes Me
'39
Good Company
Long Away
All Dead, All Dead
Sleeping On The Sidewalk
Leaving Home Ain't Easy
Sail Away Sweet Sister
No-One But You

One... lost opportunity (headlong b-side)

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 am

Ian R wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:
Kes wrote:Is it me? :shock:

That just sounds like the album version recorded in a public toilet.

Pretty certain someone has just dicked around with filters in an off the shelf audio software programme, and added some weird arse echoes to make it feel like an alternate version...

Nope: it was posted on YouTube by someone who got it from a reel-to-reel tape. It's legit; the final mix was sped up a semitone:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1425723/sheer-heart-attack-demo-august-1977.aspx

The original upload:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Interesting, thank you. Though I'd prefer some genuine evidence over another forum discussing if it's fake or not. :)

Listening closely it does sound in places that Freddie's delivery is slightly different on a couple of words here and there... but it could still just be that someone's slowed it down, and got access to the multitracks to make a clever fake....
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On