The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Postby stagnation » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:17 am

QueenFan19 wrote:I think the release could have the potential into being similar to The Beatles anniversary of Sgt Peppers this year:
Disc 1 - New Stereo Mix Of Original Album CD
Disc 2 - Outtakes + Early Takes + Demos CD
Disc 3 - Outtakes + Early Takes + Demos CD
Disc 4 - Mono Mix (with Bonus Tracks?) CD
Disc 5 - Houston 1977 + Bob Harris Documentary "Champions" + Promo Videos DVD
Disc 6 - Houston 1977 + Bob Harris Documentary "Champions" + Promo Videos Blu-ray

As much as I would like Earls Court in this release, it seems doubtful for the obvious reason that it was part of the A Day At The Races tour not the News Of The World tour. But we might hear some gems that we have never heard before or even knew they existed if they were to do a release like this. I think if they were to do a Stereo Mix of the album which seems plausible because an engineer who works at Abbey Road Studios took a photo of Mike Stone's notes on technical information on the master mixes (I don't know how to describe it! LOL!) it would be amazing!!

Why would they issue a MONO mix? Was one originally done at the time? Queen loved Stereo.

I can understand an Album from 1960s having one as Stereo was still in its infancy. But an album from 1977? We will be having a MONO of innuendo next

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:15 am

Soul Brother wrote:It'll be shit.

Someone's clearly been a Queen fan for far too long.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Hangman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:13 am

Between now and the official announcement I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Houston. When is an official announcement likely to be? When was On Air officially announced? We could be waiting all of the way until October couldn't we?...
Best Queen song = Brighton Rock

Read my book Soulless Voodoo Guy

Hangman
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Hangman wrote:Between now and the official announcement I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Houston. When is an official announcement likely to be? When was On Air officially announced? We could be waiting all of the way until October couldn't we?...

This being Queen, who the hell knows?!

I have a feeling we will get the Bob Harris documentary, maybe Houston and some usual paraphernalia (Frank will definitely be included somewhere).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 am

I wouldn't expect this to be all out and or definitive, right? The reason being that this is an anniversary release which would constitute as being automatically a "limited edition" would it not?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby slightlymad1970 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Okay, so this is confirmation of a new documentary for the NOTW Expanded Edition, looks like they have completed the Bob Harris footage. Now this is the sort of bonus material we want......... :-D

Confirmation of a NOVEMBER release as well!

Official Freddie Mercury Birthday Party Announcement: Exclusive First viewing of 2017 ‘News of the World’ documentary, Plus documentary producer Simon Lupton Talk and Q&A
As at previous Official Freddie Birthday parties we are premiering a NEW unseen Queen film in Montreux this year. In 2015 the newly restored ‘A Night At The Odeon’ made it’s debut and last year Queen + Adam Lambert’s 'Live In Japan' concert was exclusively shown to all our guests.
This year sees us bringing to you the brand new documentary that is to be released as part of the News Of The World 40th Anniversary box set release that is being issued NOV this year . This unique documentary follows Queen on their 1977 US tour and includes previously unreleased footage, interviews, recording sessions and audio. Not only will party goers be the first to see it, but there is the added bonus of a one-off talk and Q&A session with the films's producer Simon Lupton. Simon will talk about his work on the documentary. Not to be missed!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Hutchence » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 pm

NOTW 40th anniversary box set just confirmed on Facebook! Due out in November. It will include the Bob Harris documentary...!

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kevinrm15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

The new edition of Classic Rock magazine states that it will be "an elaborate collectible box set" with vinyl, CD and DVD formats. Rare versions of original album tracks, 60 page book and the documentary.

Kevinrm15
Spread Your Wings

Postby Garibaldi_bcn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:19 pm

I wish the box set has some concert from the News of the World tour as well!...
:) :)

Garibaldi_bcn
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Kevinrm15 wrote:The new edition of Classic Rock magazine states that it will be "an elaborate collectible box set" with vinyl, CD and DVD formats. Rare versions of original album tracks, 60 page book and the documentary.

As the kids say: OMG!! :onfire:

But I'm keeping my actual expectations modest
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Kevinrm15 wrote:The new edition of Classic Rock magazine states that it will be "an elaborate collectible box set" with vinyl, CD and DVD formats. Rare versions of original album tracks, 60 page book and the documentary.

Sounds promising. We'll see.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby jjmillenium » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:

Sounds promising. We'll see.

If we read that, it really didn't sound as promising as we could imagine. I mean Cd with rare versions of album tracks, that could be a couple remixes and bbc sessions perfectly, the dvd goes with the doc, the book..

And that's all folks

jjmillenium
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 pm

YAFF wrote:

As the kids say: OMG!! :onfire:

But I'm keeping my actual expectations modest

It has me excited. Or should I say hopeful it will be good :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 am

I don't normally say this with regards to Queen releases, but I really think we are going to be in for something half decent here. The documentary itself will be fantastic, I feel; the quality of the film - from the little we have all seen already - seems great and I reckon there is going to be some wonderful unseen stuff in there. I also think we are going to get at least a couple of unreleased tracks from the recording sessions at the time (they may not be full songs, but I believe we will get something new).

I just think that they are pushing the NOTW imagery so much during this tour that this is going to be a worthy release with some exciting stuff within it...no doubt there will be an exclusive box set containing Frank in one shape or another too.

I am feeling highly optimistic about this forthcoming release. Come November I may punch myself in the face for such optimism...but let's wait and see.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby rusinurbe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:56 pm

I hope not Vinyl and CD and Blu Ray in the same box, that automatically equates to expensive.

some of the best box sets I have picked up in recent years have had separate Vinyl releases and not included Vinyl in the boxes. Fresh Cream every King Crimson Box set, Allman Brothers Complete Fillmore Concerts etc..

rusinurbe
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On