And so it begins...

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

And so it begins...

Postby Hazlehurst » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Filming for the Freddie Mercury biopic has apparently begun in Hertfordshire... :shock:
Attachments
21167158_10154762133076406_6663375581363240140_o.jpg

Hazlehurst
Spread Your Wings

Re: And so it begins...

Postby BitterTears » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 pm

What a cool set to work on.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 am

Hazlehurst wrote:Filming for the Freddie Mercury biopic has apparently begun in Hertfordshire... :shock:

Great find.

My prediction for the storyline: We begin backstage at Live Aid; and then we either have one big flashback of their history up until that point and then end the film with them going out on stage or
we see them go out on stage at the beginning of the film and then their history punctuates the songs in the set. I should think we will get footage of the real performance as the credits roll (although I hope they are going to use The Show Must Go On over the credits at some point - THAT
song was simply made to close a film).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:21 pm

I can not wait! Is it difficult to get close to this area? I want more pics. Some footage from recordings would be great too! :D

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby TheHero » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Another_Roger wrote:I can not wait! Is it difficult to get close to this area? I want more pics. Some footage from recordings would be great too! :D

Here:

https://brianmay.com/whatsnew.html
Release Date News Of The World 40th Anniversary Edition: 17 November 2017

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Release Date News Of The World 40th Anniversary Edition: 17 November 2017

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Is it difficult to get close to this area?

It shouldn't be. I live just down the road. Bovingdon aerodrome is basically open to the public. They'll doubtless have security stopping you getting into the actual filming area but the wider site is open. They also have a market on the airfield once a month and there's a paintballing centre at the back that basically requires you to drive across the site to get to it.

I've been meaning to head up there myself and have a see what I can see.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Is it difficult to get close to this area?

It shouldn't be. I live just down the road. Bovingdon aerodrome is basically open to the public. They'll doubtless have security stopping you getting into the actual filming area but the wider site is open. They also have a market on the airfield once a month and there's a paintballing centre at the back that basically requires you to drive across the site to get to it.

I've been meaning to head up there myself and have a see what I can see.

See if you can bribe paintballers to target Bono, spare us from 8 minutes of hugging the front row this time...

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:24 pm

I wish Brian and Roger would talk more about the actual music in the movie. Will they re-record stuff? Will there be new music? Will they even make a score for this? Will Freddies voice be in there? Will there even be a single for the movie? If this is done right there is a huge potential and that should not be wasted. If they have some killer material it should be released around this movie! What other questions do we have about the music?

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Another_Roger wrote:I wish Brian and Roger would talk more about the actual music in the movie. Will they re-record stuff? Will there be new music? Will they even make a score for this? Will Freddies voice be in there? Will there even be a single for the movie? If this is done right there is a huge potential and that should not be wasted. If they have some killer material it should be released around this movie! What other questions do we have about the music?

Well, there is no way that there will be any new music for the film: it simply would not make sense to record new tracks for a movie about a band's history - they have all they need.

Personally, I think we will get many snippets of original tracks throughout the movie, plus a few bits of Rami singing here and there. If they included the big hits alongside some lesser known gems then the movie soundtrack album could sell very well indeed too (they will have a few weeks when the film is released to make the most of all the publicity, etc. What a rare opportunity to put out a half hits/half rare tracks album - if the film is a big success then such an album could be their biggest seller ever).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:14 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:What a rare opportunity to put out a half hits/half rare tracks album - if the film is a big success then such an album could be their biggest seller ever).

The idea that any album related to this film will outsell the likes of Greatest Hits is pretty silly.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:What a rare opportunity to put out a half hits/half rare tracks album - if the film is a big success then such an album could be their biggest seller ever).

The idea that any album related to this film will outsell the likes of Greatest Hits is pretty silly.

As is the idea that it will be anything other than most of GH anyway.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 am

Leigh Burne wrote:

Yeah, thinking about it, you are right; I didn't consider the GH1 sales. Although, I still feel the soundtrack album could be a huge seller, as long as it is not simply a GH rehash.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 am

Guru wrote:
Leigh Burne wrote:

As is the idea that it will be anything other than most of GH anyway.

Er, no. No one knows what the album will include.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 am

Could end up like the Mamma Mia soundtrack. Re-recorded hits with the cast performing.

Some of the cast of that film weren't great singers but the album was a huge seller. I suspect Abba diehards don't love the album though...

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On