NOTW 40th Why No 3 Disk Version?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

NOTW 40th Why No 3 Disk Version?

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Am I the only fan on here confused as to why QPL haven't gone with a more affordable and appealing 3 disk version of the NOTW Anniversary release as well as the box set. I can see no logic in this decision whatsoever.

The UK charts this week has 2 expanded anniversary releases enter the Top10 with George Michael's Listen Without Prejudice entering at No1. I'm not saying that NOTW would enter the top10 but this just proves there is a market for these kind of releases being condensed into smaller versions.

The NOTW release lends itself to this format perfectly so with little effort a 3 disk version could be produced that would appeal to a much bigger demographic, it would in my opinion recuperate it's cost and more and would satisfy the fanbase just as much as the wider public.

For the more die hard fans the appeal of this release is the RAW sessions disk and the 'New' documentary, this appeal is dwindling by the day as more and more of this material is being released officially! A version of the documentary is being shown on national TV and 3 of the raw tracks are available to hear now. So the idea of keeping the new material exclusive to the box set being the reason for not releasing a smaller version seems to have dissipated. For what it's worth this is what I think should be released.

Queen - News Of The World 3Disk Version
Disk 1 - CD NOTW Original Album
Disk 2 - CD NOTW Raw sessions Version
Disk 3 - DVD/Bluray - The American Dream Documentary + ADAD Video

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Re: NOTW 40th Why No 3 Disk Version?

Postby P.T » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm

All I want is the raw sessions and the DVD. I have the album three times already, so this 3 disc version is all I'll buy.

P.T
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I want the one disc version and with no disc. :P Download only!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby TheHero » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

I want it all ;)

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:09 pm

There's no 3 disc version because then there'd be almost no reason for people to shell out for the big box.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:There's no 3 disc version because then there'd be almost no reason for people to shell out for the big box.

I think there will be enough collectors out there that will buy the box set no matter what, I have chosen to buy the box even though I am disappointed with the content as are a few people on here. Yes I know people will disagree with my decision and I understand why, however I would still buy a 3 disk set if available as collecting Queen is my passion. Is the box set limited? I presume so even though no details have been released. It would be very interesting to see how many copies of the box set get sold especially as we know the limited run of 1,977 NOTW picture discs sold out almost immediately.

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm

From my aspect, I don't know about the "no matter what" bit.

I never bought the Wembley Roadie box thing, or whatever it was called. Like many, I'm primarily interested in the music, and if it has any music in a set, that's on a format exclusive to that set, then I'll consider buying it. If you remember, there was one track exclusive to the Hammersmith boxset, a soundcheck version of Now I'm Here, on the B side to the Bo Rhap 12" that was included, and fabulous it is too. £100 worth of fabulous? I'm not sure, but I bought it anyway.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Guru » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 am

Kes wrote:From my aspect, I don't know about the "no matter what" bit.

I never bought the Wembley Roadie box thing, or whatever it was called. Like many, I'm primarily interested in the music, and if it has any music in a set, that's on a format exclusive to that set, then I'll consider buying it. If you remember, there was one track exclusive to the Hammersmith boxset, a soundcheck version of Now I'm Here, on the B side to the Bo Rhap 12" that was included, and fabulous it is too. £100 worth of fabulous? I'm not sure, but I bought it anyway.

I'd forgotten that was on there - never listened to it as it involves getting the record deck out, finding the amp etc.

Maybe when RT's RSD 10" turns up...

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Kes » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Lovely little version of it, it really is.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Guru » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 pm

I didn't wait - and I agree - Freddie's trying out different phrasings throughout

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Return to The Show Must Go On