Who is next for Queen+?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 pm

fairydandy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
...it was merely an observation that it's nearly over. .


Maybe it is nearly over. But if you are right (which I do not believe) could not the next choice (if indeed they did carry on) be far, far worse? I know you don't like Lambert, but things could be so much worse...we could have a collaboration which is a big failure (like the QPR thingy some years back).

Worse, Brian might take lead vocals.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby YAFF » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Nicki79 wrote:And you know what? When I opened this forum in the morning and saw your name at the end of this thread, I knew, what I would get to read. And since I've read a lot of your comments about QAL over the last two years, I was not even shocked about the how. I don't think, that you really want to hurt anybody and maybe you are a nice chap in real life, but slamming people online, just because they are writing about things you don't want to read? I guess, scroll should be your friend in this case. The thread is after all about QAL. :roll:


So why even post this, pal? Scroll is your bestie.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby BitterTears » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:41 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:.Worse, Brian might take lead vocals.


Personally, I'd rather listen to Brian sing for 2 hours than Adam.
 
BitterTears
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
I don't know, why you (and also some others here) come to think, that my intention was to defend or advertise Adam to you. It actually wasn't. I did answer on a question by somebody, who didn't unterstand, why Adam is ok with singing in this collaboration, when his own music isn't played. And I stated my view on it. And yes, it was positiv. And the link goes to an interview, where Adam explains his working with Queen. Nothing more, no flailing, I just wanted to give someone who seemed a bit interested some insight.

And you know what? When I opened this forum in the morning and saw your name at the end of this thread, I knew, what I would get to read. And since I've read a lot of your comments about QAL over the last two years, I was not even shocked about the how. I don't think, that you really want to hurt anybody and maybe you are a nice chap in real life, but slamming people online, just because they are writing about things you don't want to read? I guess, scroll should be your friend in this case. The thread is after all about QAL. :roll:


Nicki, just know that there are many on here who have no issues with your opinions whatsoever (I mean, they may disagree, but that's as far as it goes).

I don't take to QAL, but I respect your views. As an adult, I can accept you are into something I am not and be fine with that - and, on the whole, most of us are like that. :)
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 pm

BitterTears wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:.Worse, Brian might take lead vocals.


Personally, I'd rather listen to Brian sing for 2 hours than Adam.


Oh, Christ, no. I don't like Adam's vocal dramatics too much, but at least he actually has range and power. I love Brian to bits, but as a guitarist.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby YAFF » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

BitterTears wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:.Worse, Brian might take lead vocals.


Personally, I'd rather listen to Brian sing for 2 hours than Adam.


I'd rather hear Brian cough, burp and fart for 2 hours than listen to Adam
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby BitterTears » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
BitterTears wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:.Worse, Brian might take lead vocals.


Personally, I'd rather listen to Brian sing for 2 hours than Adam.


Oh, Christ, no. I don't like Adam's vocal dramatics too much, but at least he actually has range and power. I love Brian to bits, but as a guitarist.


I'm sure Adam's a better singer but would still rather listen to Bri.
 
BitterTears
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:05 pm

YAFF wrote:So why even post this, pal? Scroll is your bestie.

Because I wanted you to know, that I read your message and offence, that got deleted. And that even though I was never active before, I know, what to expect from you after I wrote positive about QAL. You don't seem to be able to give your opinion in a civilisazed way.
If I was you, I would think about, how you as a Queen-Fan ,represent yourself and by that the group on this board.

But I guess you won't, because you don't want anybody interested in QAL here.
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby YAFF » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
YAFF wrote:So why even post this, pal? Scroll is your bestie.

Because I wanted you to know, that I read your message and offence, that got deleted. And that even though I was never active before, I know, what to expect from you after I wrote positive about QAL. You don't seem to be able to give your opinion in a civilisazed way.
If I was you, I would think about, how you as a Queen-Fan ,represent yourself and by that the group on this board.

But I guess you won't, because you don't want anybody interested in QAL here.


I honestly don't care who's interested in what. People enjoy all kinds of terrible crap. Whatever. I've given my opinion both nicely and meanly over the years. It makes no real difference to the likes of you in the end. If it does you need to toughen up. And spare me the unwarranted condescension, self-righteous one. JUST IGNORE ME. QAL sucks and this won't be the last time I type it. Welcome to the Internet. And, again, didn't you say you made your last post a million posts ago? See? You can't stay away from all this fun! That's all this really is. If you don't find it fun why be here? You aren't going to change anything. I enjoy criticizing QAL. It's fun. Telling you to "fuck off" is meant in the harmless way Freddie would tell someone to "fuck off". Lot's of different personalities make up a forum like this. If everyone was so PC and polite it would be boring. There's a limit. I've criticized them in the past (I like to criticize, love) but the mods know what they're doing.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes
 
YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Nicki, just know that there are many on here who have no issues with your opinions whatsoever (I mean, they may disagree, but that's as far as it goes).

I don't take to QAL, but I respect your views. As an adult, I can accept you are into something I am not and be fine with that - and, on the whole, most of us are like that. :)


Thanks, and I know that. Everytime I go to a gig of them, I see thousands of people having a blast. :D

And I know, others stay at home or do something else. All fine.

It's just a shame for many people, that this board is almost dead. I mean, there aren't many active members as far as I can see. After a gig you see hundreds if not thousands of comments, videos ect. on various internet platforms. Brian is posting a lot on instagram lately. But all you can see on the OFFICIAL forum is about 4 posts, one being the worldclock and a link to a stream. There is almost no discussion about them and if it is mostly negative.

As for why I came here in the first place:
I myself did check out this forum immediately after my first gig 2015. Because: Hey, I had wanted to see Queen, I never had the chance to see them with Freddie (too young) - and I wanted to share my experience. I wasn't there for Adam, had never heard of him before. So I came here and everybody here can imagine, what I got to read. For getting to know more about Queen, I regularly visited. But I never engaged in any conversation, just because I don't know much about the original band, so my input wouldn't be of any interest, and I never felt welcomed to post about QAL.

And no, you were right, you don't feel welcomed here, if you like QAL. And that's not only my opinion. As it was stated before, I also know others, who quit visiting here, mostly even after the first visit. I think that's embarrassing for Queen. "The Show must go on" was one of their last songs and I'm sure Freddie meant it that way. Now the show is still going on, but not here. :-(
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

The Milkman wrote:
YAFF wrote: This is a Queen forum. Queen is John Freddie Roger Brian. All you need to do is acknowledge that and you will get respect.



Maybe they should start an official Q+AL site. The Adam haters could stay on this site and the Adam lovers could talk about and promote Adam all they want on Q+ALonline.com. Of course Brian would hate that most people would be talking about Adam on that site and not giving him enough attention. :lol:


Good idea! And you would be surprised, how much love Brian gets on some Adam-sites. ;-)
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:38 pm

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinions. But facts are facts: QAL is a proven success and nobody can change that. We can all disagree until we are blue in the face, but the truth will out. Opinions: like arseholes; facts: the truth. Lesson endeth.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Nicki, just know that there are many on here who have no issues with your opinions whatsoever (I mean, they may disagree, but that's as far as it goes).

I don't take to QAL, but I respect your views. As an adult, I can accept you are into something I am not and be fine with that - and, on the whole, most of us are like that. :)


Thanks, and I know that. Everytime I go to a gig of them, I see thousands of people having a blast. :D

And I know, others stay at home or do something else. All fine.

It's just a shame for many people, that this board is almost dead. I mean, there aren't many active members as far as I can see. After a gig you see hundreds if not thousands of comments, videos ect. on various internet platforms. Brian is posting a lot on instagram lately. But all you can see on the OFFICIAL forum is about 4 posts, one being the worldclock and a link to a stream. There is almost no discussion about them and if it is mostly negative.

As for why I came here in the first place:
I myself did check out this forum immediately after my first gig 2015. Because: Hey, I had wanted to see Queen, I never had the chance to see them with Freddie (too young) - and I wanted to share my experience. I wasn't there for Adam, had never heard of him before. So I came here and everybody here can imagine, what I got to read. For getting to know more about Queen, I regularly visited. But I never engaged in any conversation, just because I don't know much about the original band, so my input wouldn't be of any interest, and I never felt welcomed to post about QAL.

And no, you were right, you don't feel welcomed here, if you like QAL. And that's not only my opinion. As it was stated before, I also know others, who quit visiting here, mostly even after the first visit. I think that's embarrassing for Queen. "The Show must go on" was one of their last songs and I'm sure Freddie meant it that way. Now the show is still going on, but not here. :-(


Well, this site is dead for a reason. As we know, people are not made to feel welcome here - and I find it all pretty embarrassing.

Still, as you say, out there in the real world people are loving QAL; a few naysayers on this very quiet website don't even make the smallest of dents. And there are some of us on here (those who have not left yet!) who are open about all this and are more than happy to debate things with you in an adult fashion. We can try and make you feel at least a little welcome :)
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby The Milkman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I would love to see a Q+AL album just to see how well it would do. Would the Queen fans purchase it like they are purchasing tickets or would they ignore it?
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5595
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 pm

The Milkman wrote:I would love to see a Q+AL album just to see how well it would do. Would the Queen fans purchase it like they are purchasing tickets or would they ignore it?


Now there's a question! Who knows? I think they have gained enough fans of their own (as QAL) to make it more successful than that Cosmos Rocks rubbish some years back, but how many diehards would purchase it is anyone's guess.

It wouldn't be my thing, but I am sure there is a market for it.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2933
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 354 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests