Who is next for Queen+?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby The Milkman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
The Milkman wrote:I would love to see a Q+AL album just to see how well it would do. Would the Queen fans purchase it like they are purchasing tickets or would they ignore it?

Now there's a question! Who knows? I think they have gained enough fans of their own (as QAL) to make it more successful than that Cosmos Rocks rubbish some years back, but how many diehards would purchase it is anyone's guess.

It wouldn't be my thing, but I am sure there is a market for it.

It would definitely let us know if it's just a nostalgia thing or if people are really interested in Q+AL.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

The Milkman wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Now there's a question! Who knows? I think they have gained enough fans of their own (as QAL) to make it more successful than that Cosmos Rocks rubbish some years back, but how many diehards would purchase it is anyone's guess.

It wouldn't be my thing, but I am sure there is a market for it.

It would definitely let us know if it's just a nostalgia thing or if people are really interested in Q+AL.

I think there is definitely a whole swathe of QAL concert-goers who are there primarily for the nostalgia, but also enough newer fans who would want to hear what a QAL album would be like. I certainly don't think it would be a flop...but divide people? By Christ, can you imagine the fun on here? :lol:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby The Milkman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:I certainly don't think it would be a flop...but divide people? By Christ, can you imagine the fun on here? :lol:

I think it would do better than Adam's last solo album but not by much here in the US. The rest of the world would probably embrace it more. I know I would have fun with it. :lol:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:25 pm

I guess there would really ba a market. I would buy it! :P But I know many more. Would it be successful? Who knows? At least it would give the collaboration more credit and they would get a little away from getting called their own tribute band.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm

The Milkman wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:I certainly don't think it would be a flop...but divide people? By Christ, can you imagine the fun on here? :lol:

...I know I would have fun with it. :lol:

I can hear your demonic chuckle from here. :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm

I would not buy it much like I did not buy the 5ive version of WWRY. I reckon it might ship better than TCR depending on promotion and radio play. Bear in mind AL never gets that much radio exposure and Queen, even if Freddie were still around, might be seen as musical dinosaurs. It might get played on Radio 2 here but that is about it.

But I bet some people would claim it was their best ever work. Not mentioning names though. ;)
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby The Milkman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:36 pm

JLP wrote:But I bet some people would claim it was their best ever work. Not mentioning names though. ;)

Brian May for one! :lol:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I guess there would really ba a market. I would buy it! :P But I know many more. Would it be successful? Who knows? At least it would give the collaboration more credit and they would get a little away from getting called their own tribute band.

There would definitely be a market, for sure. It would not be for me (although, maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental before actually giving it a chance), but I expect many fans would buy it.

Can you imagine all the happy faces on here? :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

The Milkman wrote:
JLP wrote:But I bet some people would claim it was their best ever work. Not mentioning names though. ;)

Brian May for one! :lol:

Oh, without a doubt. I can hear him already: 'this is definitely our finest album ever...even Freddie would admit that if he was still around'. He does like the old hyperbole does dear old Brian.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

JLP wrote:I don't make the Lambert fans unwelcome. In fact I recently said I have no issues with them posting here. I do think the ardent Adam fans should stop trying to sell him to people though. I didn't click on any of the links posted yesterday but from the way the poster was talking, I would assume they were very positive about him and the collaboration.

At first: you are completely free not to click on these links, no problem.

Secondly: No, they are not posted "to sell Adam". I know, that this would be senseless in this forum. They were posted to validate the opinions, I stated in the posts before.

- The first three linked to videos on youtube. I chose two, which show a lot of Brian and Roger, actually one is mostly a close-up of Roger during UP. The last one is the only new song they do on this tour (yes, by Adam) with great 3D-visuals of their heads on the screen. I thought some here might like that.
- Then I linked a blogg, written by a longterm Queen-Fan and professional singer. It contains really nice and detailed write-ups about Queen, QAL, Freddie, Adam, Freddie vs. Adam, 40-years-of-BoRap, David Bowie and singing. Might be interesting, I thought. At least to people on other forums it was.
- The last two links go to Adam-interviews with the intention to answer questions, that occured during the discussion yesterday. Adam explains in them his vision of working with Adam and Roger.

So, in the end your statement above proves to me, that you might be a little bit ;) biased, when it comes to people posting about QAL and Adam in a positive way. And your statement doesn't make me feel welcomed, I have to say. (And I didn't expect it any other way. Sorry.)

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Oh, without a doubt. I can hear him already: 'this is definitely our finest album ever...even Freddie would admit that if he was still around'. He does like the old hyperbole does dear old Brian.

At the moment I have the feeling that Brian is the one with the least intention to make a new album. Roger seems up to it. Brian overthinks it too much.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm

The Milkman wrote:I would love to see a Q+AL album just to see how well it would do. Would the Queen fans purchase it like they are purchasing tickets or would they ignore it?

Depends on the music, I guess.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 pm

icy wrote:

Depends on the music, I guess.

Yep. And it's true that Adam solo has problems to get played in the US. With Queen and the last well received tour it should be better, though. In other countries ( Australia, parts of Asia and usually all other countries, where "American Idol" was on TV), it's often better. They would for sure have number ones in Finland! :lol: ).

As for Germany: It would really come down to the music. There are many Queen-Fans. But Adam is simply almost unknown to everybody, who doesn't follow QAL. He did have two hits on the radio, and when I play "Ghost Town" or WWFM to my friends (to show, who I'm talking about) they all have heard them. But they don't know the singer.

And as it goes: German radios only play songs from Britain or the US, that are very successful there (mostly USA). So it would have to start there.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 am

Nicki79 wrote:I guess there would really ba a market. I would buy it! :P But I know many more. Would it be successful? Who knows? At least it would give the collaboration more credit and they would get a little away from getting called their own tribute band.

It would be successful. In fact it would chart higher than any Queen-related product in at least the last twenty years in the U.S. Most if not all Lamberace fans would buy it and a good portion of Queen fans would too. Top 10 album very probable. Not me of course but it wouldn't be a flop commercially. Artistically I can't picture it being a rock album but Queen has done dancey shite before so.....?

In the U.S. QPR "The Cosmos Rocks" was a flop. This is mainly due to it being a weak collection of songs. I didn't buy it because I heard it in advance and it didn't entertain me.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am

Nicki79 wrote:

And no, you were right, you don't feel welcomed here, if you like QAL. And that's not only my opinion. As it was stated before, I also know others, who quit visiting here, mostly even after the first visit. I think that's embarrassing for Queen. "The Show must go on" was one of their last songs and I'm sure Freddie meant it that way. Now the show is still going on, but not here. :-(

Did you honestly expect to be welcome here? It's very common for longtime fans of a band to resist mightily the band trying to replace a key member. Especially the singer. Freddie is pretty much sacred to a lot of us and he has very few peers. Adam is not one of them. Even a bona fide great singer like Paul Rodgers was rejected by a large percentage of folks. It's just the way it is. For some bands you just don't replace the singer. You don't replace Robert Plant. You don't replace John Lennon. You couldn't replace Roger Daltrey or Mick Jagger or Bono or Eddie Vedder or Kurt Cobain. It is just absurd to try. Freddie *is* for many people Queen. Why do you think almost all the DVDs have a pic of Freddie? The decision to carry on as Queen + was always going to be controversial. When I hear QAL I'm not hearing Queen- sure there's traces of it from Roger's backing vocals and Brian's guitar licks but Lambert's tone is completely different than Freddie's. I will say one positive thing tho'. I'm actually glad it's like this rather than hire a soundalike like Marc Martel. Queen are not Journey. Still I read lots of comments of Queen fans wanting Martel to replace Lambert. Not here but elsewhere.

It's not impossible to replace the singer. Ronnie James Dio replaced Ozzy Osbourne and arguably made the band greater but he had to prove himself first. Deep Purple too. But we are talking about amazing singers like Dio and David Coverdale. Nicki79, this is Queenonline not QALonline. Will you stick around once QAL is no more?
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On