Who is next for Queen+?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Who is next for Queen+?

Postby Tenement Funster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 am

And this is why people like me rarely post here any more.

Why the hell shouldn’t he or she be here? Why the hell shouldn’t he or she be welcomed?

Like it or not - Brian and Roger are the guardians of the legacy, and they have chosen to tour with Lambert.

It is something they are doing, and you are not the policeman of this forum or the guardian of the legacy.

It’s also pathetic that JLP comments about links people post.

It’s relevant. It’s relevant to the title of this thread.

I’m 47 years old. I’ve been a Queen fan since The Works came out. I have seen them live with and without Freddie.

This hatred, bile, and lack of acceptance just saddens me. I bet there are loads out there like me who could contribute lots to this forum but don’t bother with it because of the attitudes displayed here.

Tenement Funster
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 am

The Milkman wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
The Milkman wrote:I would love to see a Q+AL album just to see how well it would do. Would the Queen fans purchase it like they are purchasing tickets or would they ignore it?

Now there's a question! Who knows? I think they have gained enough fans of their own (as QAL) to make it more successful than that Cosmos Rocks rubbish some years back, but how many diehards would purchase it is anyone's guess.

It wouldn't be my thing, but I am sure there is a market for it.

It would definitely let us know if it's just a nostalgia thing or if people are really interested in Q+AL.

I would buy a QAL album, but I do think that QAL is a nostalgia thing. I'm not even going to qualify it by saying it's "mostly" nostalgia. It's completely about playing songs that were written long ago.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:35 am

For the record, I rarely click on any links posted on this site. I learned that lesson many moons ago when someone sent me a link is pm which turned out to be a virus. They were quickly thrown out of here.

My comments on the links were an assumption because the poster came across as an avid AL fan. So would most likely post positive things. That was never intended as an attack or to make him feel unwelcome.

AL fans are welcome here as were PR fans back in 2005. And to be honest, the fights back in 2005 were much worse than they are now. There will always be some negatively about nine Queen do. I don't know if the stuff from 2002 still is around but if it does, dig out some of the debates about the musical from then.

I get there are differences and people will never back down from what they believe in. We all need to accept that.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 am

Tenement Funster wrote:And this is why people like me rarely post here any more.

Why the hell shouldn’t he or she be here? Why the hell shouldn’t he or she be welcomed?

Like it or not - Brian and Roger are the guardians of the legacy, and they have chosen to tour with Lambert.

It is something they are doing, and you are not the policeman of this forum or the guardian of the legacy.

It’s also pathetic that JLP comments about links people post.

It’s relevant. It’s relevant to the title of this thread.

I’m 47 years old. I’ve been a Queen fan since The Works came out. I have seen them live with and without Freddie.

This hatred, bile, and lack of acceptance just saddens me. I bet there are loads out there like me who could contribute lots to this forum but don’t bother with it because of the attitudes displayed here.

You've pretty much summed up what I believe many of us feel about the situation on this website; I have been stating this for a good while now (and then obviously get accused of whining, etc. because I have an honest point of view which differs from a couple of naysayers on here...big deal).

No wonder this site is dying on its arse. The way the poster Nicki79 has been treated on here just because she is positive about QAL (shock, horror!) is nothing less than disgusting and completely unnecessary. Thing is, if good people are scared off because of the shit they receive on here then those few who try and bully and mouth off and tell people they are not welcome here are going to win - and we don't want that.

I have not read one nasty post from an Adam Lambert or QAL fan on here (sure, some may respond to rudeness with rudeness, but they have every right to do so); it always appears to be one of the same few having a pop at whichever fan they have taken an irrational dislike to - and when those innocent posters then bite back it is normally time for one of the mods to step in and shut it all down - go figure. But, there is no bias on this site...or so we are told.

All these closed-minded types need do is accept that people are different and like different things - it ain't fucking rocket science to get your head around that. But, invariably, it ends up with some form of abuse. Pathetic.

Anyway, nice to see such an honest, straight-talking, mature post. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

If I am biased, why was the post by YAFF removed? It was brought to my attention by a PM and I removed it. Now if I was biased then surely it would still be there. As is the post that responded to it.

I
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 pm

JLP wrote:If I am biased, why was the post by YAFF removed?

Because you were doing your job. But that does not mean that you are not biased though.

I don't really want to get into another back and forth pointless discussion about this: we will disagree endlessly.

I don't know you in the real world and so cannot make any judgement on your true character, etc. You are probably a good bloke, with a decent heart, morals...but, I can make an informed judgement of you as a moderator on this site because I have seen enough and experienced myself being banned - and I think you do show bias towards QAL/Adam fans (in a clever way though). Saying that, I do think - for the rest of the time - you do try and moderate fairly.

Personally, I have more of an issue with weeman than yourself: you and I have disagreed many times before and - on the whole - I normally find you a decent enough man to deal with...even if I don't agree with you; whereas weeman seemingly likes to jump in on posts, add something negative and then bugger off again, as well as be as rude as possible (in my experience anyway) - not helpful on a site like this and far from professional (I don't think he should be a moderator at all, but it is what it is...).

I am not stating anything I have not stated before - I have been constant in my belief for a while now (you and I spoke about all this in PMs a good while back) and so I am just giving my honest view on it all. I am not trying to paint you as an arse or anything like that, just say it as I see it. We will never agree on this, but at least - I hope - we can disagree civilly and with respect for each other's views.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:22 pm

JLP wrote:If I am biased, why was the post by YAFF removed? It was brought to my attention by a PM and I removed it. Now if I was biased then surely it would still be there. As is the post that responded to it.

I

It was the right move. I've given you shit in the past but you are a fine mod. Don't change. Some folks are just whiners that whine about being called whiners. If a person doesn't like how this place is being moderated they can always hop on over to queenzone instead. Staying here and publicly bitching about the mods is laughable. As if we are entitled to be on this forum. JLP yours is a thankless job.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Tenement Funster wrote:And this is why people like me rarely post here any more.

And each time you do post it seems you revert to bitching and moaning, ie, negativity. You said to "grow a pair". Physician, heal thyself first. In my "welcoming" post I was merely explaining why a Lambert fan might face resistance on a Queen site. It was very nuanced. Right or wrong it's the reality. If Nicki reads the post she may appreciate that it's nothing personal.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:33 pm

YAFF wrote:
It was the right move. I've given you shit in the past but you are a fine mod. Don't change. Some folks are just whiners that whine about being called whiners. If a person doesn't like how this place is being moderated they can always hop on over to queenzone instead. Staying here and publicly bitching about the mods is laughable. As if we are entitled to be on this forum. JLP yours is a thankless job.

And therein lies the difference between someone like you and someone like me: I am constant and stand by my beliefs; you change to suit you or your environment. You can knock me for having a strong mind as much as you want (and calling me a whiner...the usual fare) - I think I can live with that. Praise be, brother! :lol: :lol: :lol:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 pm

YAFF wrote:

And each time you do post it seems you revert to bitching and moaning, ie, negativity. You said to "grow a pair". Physician, heal thyself first. In my "welcoming" post I was merely explaining why a Lambert fan might face resistance on a Queen site. It was very nuanced. Right or wrong it's the reality. If Nicki reads the post she may appreciate that it's nothing personal.

I think yaffy, you just need to accept that some people - like TF - are intelligent enough to know how this place works; thankfully, they see it all for what it is and they tell it like it is - I respect that in a person...it shows strength. I know you do not like it, but I'm afraid some of us on here are strong-minded and find much of the negativity and bile quite pathetic. But each to their own and all that...

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:You can knock me for having a strong mind as much as you want

Oh trust me I certainly don't knock you for allegedly "having a strong mind". No, sir. That's not it.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:42 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:I think yaffy, you

:roll: Oye! You are an insufferable douchebag. Put me on ignore please. Otherwise I will have to smack you around again and JLP will have to remove the posts. Try some self control.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:42 pm

YAFF wrote:... No, sir...

You don't have to refer to me as 'sir', but I understand why you do; I accept the compliment and I accept your acknowledgement of the hierarchy here. Good on you, yaffy!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

YAFF wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:I think yaffy, you

:roll: Oye! You are an insufferable douchebag. Put me on ignore please. Otherwise I will have to smack you around again and JLP will have to remove the posts. Try some self control.

Well, considering you are calling me a douchebag, requesting that I put you on 'ignore' and also that you will have to (ahem, where are the smirking emoticons on here?) 'smack' me around a bit because I used the name 'yaffy' I think it may just be you who needs to try some some self control....just sayin, bruv...just sayin...

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
YAFF wrote:... No, sir...

You don't have to refer to me as 'sir', but I understand why you do; I accept the compliment and I accept your acknowledgement of the hierarchy here. Good on you, yaffy!

:roll: Maybe this link will help your malady

https://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/d ... -grandeur/

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On