Which album gets the next anniversary box treatment?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Which album gets the next anniversary box treatment?

Postby Michael Allred » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:03 am

Obviously they are going with iconic albums that sold well and produced a few hit singles that were accompanied by successful world tours. So if Queen go this route, following the same idea of including an alternate version of the album (a raw sessions 2?) Which album would be most logical?

I would have to assume "The Game." Several successful singles, two of which were Queen's only number 1s in America. It was rumored to have many more tracks worked on during the sessions not to mention some interesting possibilities for a raw sessions CD (Freddie singing all of Rock It Prime Jive for example. 

I must say though the one album I would be most interested would be "Made in Heaven" not just for the emotional aspect but just in seeing/hearing how those tracks were put together or which songs were considered and maybe worked on a bit before being rejected. 
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Re: Which album gets the next anniversary box treatment?

Postby Garibaldi_bcn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 am

What about "Innuendo"?...

Garibaldi_bcn
Spread Your Wings

Postby Jimi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Would be innuendo for me too

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm

Yeah but I'd bet they'll go with anniversary type releases even though they said they wouldn't be beholden to them...so I'd bet The Game would be the next possible one. I'd love to see Innuendo....but imo I get the gut feeling they are very protective of Freddie's last days.... Not sure how much will escape from there...

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby dave76 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Innuendo would be nice. They have the tapes filled with rare outtakes which was proven last month. I love the artwork and everything on this album.

dave76
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I would like to see a Live Killers box set but will not hold my breath. So my money is on The Game getting the treatment.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby QueenFan19 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

A Night At The Opera would be really interesting, especially hearing Freddie singing '39. I bet this is popular. Freddie probably tried vocals for I'm In Love With My Car and Good Company but it's doubtful. A Day At The Races would also be interesting. Freddie singing Long Away, and possible early versions of certain tracks.

They need to do this for every album! But I don't really know how they could do Made In Heaven as they only did each track once? Flash Gordon might also be unlikely?

All I have to say is that none of them will as special as News Of The World because there won't be anywhere near the amount of footage filmed in 1977 in any other years.
It's so easy, but I can't do it
But some day one day
I should be doing all right

QueenFan19
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:40 pm

QueenFan19 wrote:A Night At The Opera would be really interesting, especially hearing Freddie singing '39. I bet this is popular. Freddie probably tried vocals for I'm In Love With My Car and Good Company but it's doubtful. A Day At The Races would also be interesting. Freddie singing Long Away, and possible early versions of certain tracks.

They need to do this for every album! But I don't really know how they could do Made In Heaven as they only did each track once? Flash Gordon might also be unlikely?

All I have to say is that none of them will as special as News Of The World because there won't be anywhere near the amount of footage filmed in 1977 in any other years.

there should be plenty from 1979. I know they did the Kampauchea gig and I am positive I have a TV broadcast from Paris circa 1979 somewhere. Which could tie in nicely with a Live Killers set.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Kes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:22 pm

I think we all know that if, or when this movie gets finished, then there's going to be a LOT of focus on that.

I'd like to think that going on in the windows around that, will be a fairly notable live set, fingers crossed, that will be a collection of complete live shows, leaving as little as possible behind. Live Killers IS about as iconic as Live albums go, but just releasing it piecemeal, when they have so many of those shows in the archive that they could spice it up by replacing tracks here and there with alternate performances, well, you feel it just HAS to happen.

And yeah, I can't really see them doing a NOTW40 style thing with Jazz, but you can't completely rule it out. The Game could easily get special treatment, as you've got little bits like SNL, and the odd soundcheck from the Crazy Tour. I think the material is there on that one to do something a bit special.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby WOLFSHEAD » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm

I would be happy if they do Box Sets for all 15 Studio Albums.

WOLFSHEAD
Spread Your Wings

Postby sacko » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

i can't wait for not being able to buy the next anniversary box because it's too damn expensive

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm

JLP wrote:I would like to see a Live Killers box set but will not hold my breath. So my money is on The Game getting the treatment.

I've been wanting a Live Killers-style box set for ages now; you would think a band like Queen - with their live reputation - would have released something quite epic by now.

Give me an extended and updated Rare Live DVD too and I would be quite the happy Queen fan.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Return to The Show Must Go On