Queen in 2018 ?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen in 2018 ?

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Weren't there supposed to be reissues of Brian's solo albums, and/or a boxed set, on the way? That would be something I'd like to see.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby icy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Weren't there supposed to be reissues of Brian's solo albums, and/or a boxed set, on the way? That would be something I'd like to see.

:o Was there? I'd love it!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Leigh Burne » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:Weren't there supposed to be reissues of Brian's solo albums, and/or a boxed set, on the way? That would be something I'd like to see.

Yeah, that's been mentioned. Tellingly, Live at the Brixton Academy was remastered a couple of years ago when Brian started putting clips on YouTube, and that seems like a lot of effort just for a couple of YouTube videos.

It'd definitely be something I'd snap up; out of the four, Brian's solo work has always been my favourite.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Echoplex » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:

Yeah, that's been mentioned. Tellingly, Live at the Brixton Academy was remastered a couple of years ago when Brian started putting clips on YouTube, and that seems like a lot of effort just for a couple of YouTube videos. . . . . . Brian's solo work has always been my favourite.

Mine too, but I also think Roger through the solo years has been more adventuress and creative.

Mr Bad Guy on the whole sounds like well crafted demos for a Queen album and most of Brian's work (which I like) does sound very close to Queen with a different vocal sound.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Echoplex wrote:Mr Bad Guy on the whole sounds like well crafted demos for a Queen album .

And wouldn't it be wonderful if Brian and Roger finished those demos for release? Yeah, I know it won't happen but it's only a matter of time before they do something new with the album even it's just a simple remaster with a bonus disc of B-sides and the extended versions. I mean it's been remixed to death already.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Time for another Love Kills remix.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm

YAFF wrote:
Echoplex wrote:Mr Bad Guy on the whole sounds like well crafted demos for a Queen album .

And wouldn't it be wonderful if Brian and Roger finished those demos for release?

You mean like a Queen version of I Was Born To Love You? I cannot wrap my head around this concept

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Frank » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't think they should mess with the rest of the tracks on Mr. Bad Guy. Just leave them be. That's not to say I don't like the tracks they redid on Made In Heaven. Because those ROCKED. But I'd rather they dig deeper and find more stuff like Let Me In Your Heart Again. Or even Freddie vocals on tracks like Long Away and Fight From The Inside (if they existed). Sort of like what they did with All Dead All Dead...but maybe with reworked instrumental stuff. That would make for a cool album.

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Postby YAFF » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Guru wrote:
YAFF wrote:

And wouldn't it be wonderful if Brian and Roger finished those demos for release?

You mean like a Queen version of I Was Born To Love You? I cannot wrap my head around this concept

Yeah that and "Made In Heaven" were greatly improved by the rest of Queen. Freddie wrote a very solid batch of songs for his solo album but they were somewhat wasted by poor production. I enjoy "MBG" because of Freddie's marvelous vocals but as Guru said it really does kind of sound like an album of demos. Anyway I think the dream of more "new" Queen tracks is wishful thinking. Yes, "State Of Shock" and maybe "Victory" will one day surface and there's likely a few Freddie-sung Brian and Roger songs but there will never be another Queen album (even though their could be). The ambiguous talk about Queen Forever created some hopes but that was obviously crushing disappointment.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby pipcraig18 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 am

I hope the film at the end of 2018 is a success, I am worried about this though.
Apart from that I suspect some kind of live Queen and AL record maybe!

What I would actually like though is for A jazz anniversary box much like News of the World
and/or a Live Killers enhanced box set with more tracks and a tidy up, the bleeps removed.
This would mean all the earlier albums were now re-done.
Finally 'Magic years' available on DVD, Greatest Hits 3 on DVD.
Some Summer shows by Queen maybe???
I don't ask much.....

pipcraig18
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Does anyone know if the Grammy Life Achievement Awardees, including Queen, will be honored this Sunday at the 60th Grammys or will that only take place at a special ceremony that was announced previously?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

CNB wrote:Does anyone know if the Grammy Life Achievement Awardees, including Queen, will be honored this Sunday at the 60th Grammys or will that only take place at a special ceremony that was announced previously?

I have no idea. I think we would have heard about it already if it was to be this Sunday though. I just hope that if they play at the event they bring out something a little special and not the same old crap (WWRY, WATC...) - although I am guessing Bo Rhap will be played (with the film's release later in the year).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby mr sparkle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Pestopasta wrote:QUEEN THE VIDEOS - BLURAY.
Please for the love of god finally release it.
Even The Beatles have released theirs already.

PLEASE. We know they already have HD transfers of the film elements from the bits we saw on the DOOL and Great Pretender Docs; it's just a matter of releasing it.

The current transfers on YouTube and DVD are dreadful.

and include Freddie solo vids as bonus features!

mr sparkle
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:07 pm

mr sparkle wrote:
Please for the love of god finally release it.
Even The Beatles have released theirs already.

PLEASE. We know they already have HD transfers of the film elements from the bits we saw on the DOOL and Great Pretender Docs; it's just a matter of releasing it.

The current transfers on YouTube and DVD are dreadful.

And they underestimate the importance of this. As a teacher myself I cant even bothered to play some some of the Queen videos because of the terrible quality. Kids today do in fact expect better. They lose interest fast if the the picture is bad. Thats at least my experience. And we want the Queen catalogue to be passed on to the next generation? The videos are very important there.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby stagnation » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 am

mr sparkle wrote:

Why would they have to limit them to just Freddie's, when Brian, Roger and even John (with the Immortals) made Solo videos.

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On