Queen in 2018 ?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen in 2018 ?

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Kevinrm15 wrote:I have a feeling there will be a new compilation to coincide with the film.

Oh, that's a given. Let's just hope it is not simply a rehashed GH package, but includes some more obscure numbers. Also, I should think it will include the film score itself (which could be amazing - all those Queen melodies hidden away in some eopic soundtrack).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:15 am

SelfMadeMan wrote:All I'm really interested in is outtakes or early versions of already release songs, and even when they do that they feel the need to 'finish' them and add stuff from released songs that clearly wasn't there in the demo. I'm looking at you 2011 remaster bonus tracks.

When did they do that?
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby KNIGHT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:05 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Kevinrm15 wrote:I have a feeling there will be a new compilation to coincide with the film.

Oh, that's a given. Let's just hope it is not simply a rehashed GH package, but includes some more obscure numbers. Also, I should think it will include the film score itself (which could be amazing - all those Queen melodies hidden away in some eopic soundtrack).

Probably they will release something like this, to coincide with the release of the movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamma_Mia!_The_Movie_Soundtrack

KNIGHT
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 pm

I guess it depends on what the music in the film will actually be.

I'm sure they'll be a soundtrack with the film's score and stuff available. But will the actual Queen songs in it be just existing studio/live recordings with Freddie or re-recordings?

I think they'll definitely be some kind of CD release with Freddie Queen songs anyway to tie in with the film but also a soundtrack CD which might have re-recorded songs as well. So we might end up with 3 differemt releases or combined type things. Proper Queen songs, the film's score and re-recorded songs featuring the cast/Marc Martell or anyone else they bring in.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby KNIGHT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:25 pm

I don’t believe that will be a soundtrack like the Mamma Mia movie. Mainly because Mamma Mia was a musical film and Bohemian Rhapsody is a biographical drama film.
I think the better comparison we can make is between Bohemian Rhapsody and The Doors, the 1991 American biographical film about the 1960–70s rock band of the same name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_(soundtrack)

I think we won’t see Freddie singing, and probably we will see a mix between the music of John Ottman and something like the soundtrack of Mamma Mia.

KNIGHT
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:22 pm

I think the soundtrack will be Queen tracks from the era that's covered in the film, Freddie and all.
I'm not sure if they'd be the already commonly available album / live tracks, or earlier versions (so as to sound a little different from the commonly available album / live tracks.
I'd LOVE to think Brian and Roger worked / are working on some tracks to freshen them up (such as the 1997 'Rocks' Retake of 'I Can't Live With You') as well as actual soundtrack music (like what they did with 'Flash' and 'Highlander' movies, and later Brian with 'Furia') ... but then I think that Queen's sound was much fuller and larger-sounding later in their years with Freddie, and would still be now, and that sound may not reflect the years covered in the film. We know Live Aid was covered in the film, but as a one-off performance, there was only one chance of an audio recording. The quality of live recordings in 1985 will be very different to that of today, so they couldn't re-record the music for that without it being obvious.

Like others have said, I hope the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' (a title I wish they hadn't chosen, personally) soundtrack isn't just a repackaged / redesigned version of, say 'Absolute Greatest'.

Having said all that, I am very much looking forward to hearing this when it's released!

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby Hutchence » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:24 am

We are already in April and there are still no hints or little teases from Nick or anyone from the Queen towers about the forthcoming projects/releases. The things that we do know are QAL tour (07.06.- 08.07.) and Bohemian Rhapsody movie release date (02.11.). I'm not exactly being a rocket scientist here, but I think that this year Queen will focus only on the movie and all that goes with it- promotion, interviews etc. So I expect no other releases apart from those related to the movie itself - soundtrack, blu-ray (early next year) etc.

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Postby Regina 2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:53 pm

I want a cd box called QUEEN live in studio...we all know they have several tracks from Studio Jams on tape.

Regina 2
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:07 am

Nice reward for Brian:

“@DrBrianMay
It's a truly beautilful medal. THANK YOU Worshipful Company of Musicians, City of London. Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BhdMuHJjquW/

http://www.instagram.com/p/BhdLbe9DQW5/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:52 am

CNB wrote:More about Brian’s medal:

http://brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/bria ... 8a.html#10

Strange that the medal is dated 2017 and not 2018!!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On