Queen in 2018 ?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen in 2018 ?

Postby icy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Garibaldi_bcn wrote:Innuendo Box Set please.
Will it ever happen??... :roll:

Now THAT would be something special. I am salivating just thinking about it.

Thinking aloud, bear with me or not :-P
I wonder if it will ever happen though? It would take alot of time, effort and emotion for Brian and Roger to go through that album, especially as a box set? We still don't have the videos from Innuendo on DVD or Blu-ray yet after all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm

I know it’s not Queen. But as one „representative“ of Queen + AL fans I want an official live recording of a show. Just one. (And no, the one in Japan doesn’t count, as long as it isn’t available in Europe for a reasonable price). That’s all.
Now, go on about Queen.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby FCB101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm such a huge fan of Queen as a live band that I'd really like them to start a series of audio live releases via the internet.
They clearly have a huge amount of raw mono soundboard recordings that sound absolutely fantastic. They could really tell the story of their touring history by releasing all (or at least the very best of) those raw but wonderful concert recordings...

And even better would be if they combine this with a website totally about Queen live, about every single show where you can not only buy the audio but also read reviews, see pictures, see footage if available,...

It'd be an online museum you can consult any time you want after having bought the concert audio.

FCB101
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm

hotspace1966 wrote:It's interesting the divided opinion many people have over either live or studio...can totally understand both opinions although mine is always live...lol

I normally tend to hunt out live albums by bands i either listen to or have been recommended to listen to rather than a greatest hits compilation once i have heard their newest release and if i want to hear more from a particular band or artist.

Although i was very interested in the feedback of people who attended the Innuendo session a few months back and found that fascinating. Now that would be a nice release in some kind of format for those unable to have attended.

For me, personally, a live recording has to either have historic or personal significance for me to pay attention in most cases. It may be a gig that was monumental in some way (eg the Johnny Cash prison albums), or it may be a gig I was actually at (I've got a great Genesis 07.07.07 recording, but haven't bought their proper live album from that tour)... but otherwise, I'm more interested in studio work. If I wasn't there, or it's not of huge cultural significance, I'm usually listening to live stuff wishing it was the studio recording anyway...
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby sbrown » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm

FCB101 wrote:I'm such a huge fan of Queen as a live band that I'd really like them to start a series of audio live releases via the internet.
They clearly have a huge amount of raw mono soundboard recordings that sound absolutely fantastic. They could really tell the story of their touring history by releasing all (or at least the very best of) those raw but wonderful concert recordings...

And even better would be if they combine this with a website totally about Queen live, about every single show where you can not only buy the audio but also read reviews, see pictures, see footage if available,...

It'd be an online museum you can consult any time you want after having bought the concert audio.

now that is a brilliant idea.
I've always hoped for something like the Tom Petty live anthology, but your idea is next level.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby sbrown » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I know it’s not Queen. But as one „representative“ of Queen + AL fans I want an official live recording of a show. Just one. (And no, the one in Japan doesn’t count, as long as it isn’t available in Europe for a reasonable price). That’s all.
Now, go on about Queen.

I'd actually prefer something a little more comprehensive for Q+AL. Given it's likely to be a one-off I'd hate to be stuck with one gig when much of the more interesting bits have been spread across the last 5 years.

Spread Your Wings in Seattle is wonderful.
It's Late in LA is also wonderful.
Save Me from Europe.
Love Kills from the US.
I Was Born To Love You from Asia.
Dragon Attack was always epic. Really suited Adam.
Who Wants To Live Forever was beautiful.
Show Must Go On has been in and out, as has Don't Stop Me Now.

These Are The Days Of Our Lives could be hit or miss depending on how Roger's voice was holding out that night.
Under Pressure similarly had highs and lows.

The best setlist was probably the really really long Rio one, but there were too many songs where the words were messed up.

I have Japan on Bluray, so I'm not desperate for a show (although another would be nice). I'd like to see something that cuts across the last 6 years.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 am

I know what I don't want. Any shithead release featuring Lameberace. But if such an abomination comes but doesn't interfere with real Queen material then fine. I will allow it. My permission granted. Yes, you're welcome.

The "anthologies" are not happening any time soon if ever. The "Raw Sessions" were basically comp tracks using "anthology-like" material from those sessions. They could have offered up full alternate takes but because they didn't suggests they don't want to release anything they don't think is great. Inferior versions of previously released songs have very limited appeal. I don't fault them for that. It's not like they are obligated to. I'm hoping for a "live killers" deluxe set of some kind or a DVD and CD of one of the 1977 shows. Outside of maybe "State Of Shock" with MJ, "Polar Bear", "Silver Salmon" and "Hangman" I have serious doubts there are ANY unreleased complete Freddie vocal tracks left of any unreleased songs (I wish there was a Freddie version of "Man On Fire" and " I Dream Of Christmas" but no one has spilled those beans). MIH 2 is not happening. The Queen Forever project would have been a great way to unearth a disc of rarities. There just must not be much worth a damn outside of live audio and video in the archives. Queen apparently finished enough songs for each album and B-sides and left plenty of rough ideas and abandoned tracks that would have extremely little interest outside of the died-hardiest of fans. I've heard all the youtube leaks. The only one close to complete is "I Guess We're Falling Out". They should've finished that one in place of "My Baby Does Me" for crying out loud.

I doubt there will be a 40th Super Deluxe of Jazz but perhaps for The Game. That's 2020 so off topic.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WiseMan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

Hyde Park,Houston, Earls Court, Hammersmith-Paris,Japan'79 Why not, but Knowing who in QPL now these gigs we will see not in this life.
Rio'85 both full show hmm again mustache era

WiseMan
Spread Your Wings

Postby marshallmichael » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 am

The one thing I would love above everything else is a John Deacon Autobiography, would love to hear his thoughts on the 89-97 period. I doubt he would ever write one though.

marshallmichael
Spread Your Wings

Postby pipcraig18 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am

Box set for Jazz and or live killers would be nice, not sure how, but that is what I wish!
A decent blu-ray of their videos from 1,2 and 3 Greatest hits.
Houston live by Easter to finish off the NOTW stuff!!!

pipcraig18
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm

People have been suggesting a Live Killers expanded reissue/box set for years now. It's certainly something I'd like to see. The fact the existing version has gone out of print is quite interesting.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Was it ever in print since they changed labels back in 2011?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am

In words of one syllable, no.

I think even Live at Wembley has only been available on UMG as part of a much bigger boxset, including the DVDs.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby BitterTears » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm

So the 'existing version going out of print'...what's that about?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:34 pm

More a case of "went out of print" when the band moved from EMI to UMG.

In 2011, UMG pressed the studio album remasters, and the subsequent live releases that (I think) we all know about (Wembley 86 DVD/CD boxset, Hungarian Rhapsody, Rainbow 74, A Night At The Odeon), and that did not include Live Killers or Live Magic.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On