Queen in 2018 ?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen in 2018 ?

Postby mr sparkle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

stagnation wrote:
mr sparkle wrote:
Pestopasta wrote:QUEEN THE VIDEOS - BLURAY.

and include Freddie solo vids as bonus features!

Why would they have to limit them to just Freddie's, when Brian, Roger and even John (with the Immortals) made Solo videos.

You are right. Although I am not familiar with Brian or Rogers videos, it is important to include all the solo vids since they would probably never get their own release, sadly.
(though Brian might include a blu-ray in his eventual solo boxset, probably not)

mr sparkle
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Seriously though, does anyone still watch music videos?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kevinrm15 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Roger already released his in The Lot. Just waiting for the other two solos and Queen.

Kevinrm15
Spread Your Wings

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 pm

mr sparkle wrote:You are right. Although I am not familiar with Brian or Rogers videos, it is important to include all the solo vids since they would probably never get their own release, sadly.
(though Brian might include a blu-ray in his eventual solo boxset, probably not)

Roger’s (and The Cross) solo videos have already all been released....

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby mr sparkle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:49 pm

cmsdrums wrote:
mr sparkle wrote:You are right. Although I am not familiar with Brian or Rogers videos, it is important to include all the solo vids since they would probably never get their own release, sadly.

Roger’s (and The Cross) solo videos have already all been released....

On Blu-ray?

mr sparkle
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:38 pm

mr sparkle wrote:On Blu-ray?

Do they really need to be on Blu?

The only reason people want a Queen Blu-ray video collection is because the current DVDs are incomplete, and it'd be perfectly possible to put the whole lot on one Blu-ray disc.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby mr sparkle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:56 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
mr sparkle wrote:On Blu-ray?

Do they really need to be on Blu?

The only reason people want a Queen Blu-ray video collection is because the current DVDs are incomplete, and it'd be perfectly possible to put the whole lot on one Blu-ray disc.

Not the only reason, many fans want the videos remastered and available in high definition for which only Blu-ray can provide.

mr sparkle
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 am

fairydandy wrote:Seriously though, does anyone still watch music videos?

Do this answer your question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xGerv5FOk

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Garibaldi_bcn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:13 am

Of course I do!...
:onfire:

Garibaldi_bcn
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Another_Roger wrote:

Does anyone in 2018 really want to buy Queen Blu-Rays or DVD's to watch their pretty awful videos? Obviously collectors will buy any old shit, but even they won't watch them surely?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 am

fairydandy wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:

Does anyone in 2018 really want to buy Queen Blu-Rays or DVD's to watch their pretty awful videos? Obviously collectors will buy any old shit, but even they won't watch them surely?

No, the general public will not buy physical releases. Totally with you on that. But the importance of having high resolution music videos available on youtube etc should not be underestimated. Thats the way these days. People share videos on FB, twitter etc and it spreads. Queen should not be on the backfoot here. I am sure Queen wants to be played by the next generation as well. Release the videos on youtube in the best possible quality, and make a limited edition physical release for fans. We are stupid enough to buy it.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
No, the general public will not buy physical releases.

I'm one of them too now. I haven't owned a physical CD, DVD or Blu-Ray of any description for years, I got rid of the lot. It's a shame that they didn't release the 'Raw' set from NOTW40 on digital, because they lost a lot of sales, I imagine.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 am

Back in the day, people did tours to promote record sales, because that's where the money was.

These days, people make records to give them something to play on tours because they're not really making that much from record sales.

In Queen's case, the touring incarnation is progressively becoming its own thing, but without the records, you haven't really got much to play with.

However "digital" your life has become, without people buying the physical side, all you will have in future, is memories. So, take comfort in the fact that the people who buy their stuff, are the ones making sure you still have "new" stuff to download. Without them, you're fucked,
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 am

Kes wrote:Back in the day, people did tours to promote record sales, because that's where the money was.

These days, people make records to give them something to play on tours because they're not really making that much from record sales.

In Queen's case, the touring incarnation is progressively becoming its own thing, but without the records, you haven't really got much to play with.

However "digital" your life has become, without people buying the physical side, all you will have in future, is memories. So, take comfort in the fact that the people who buy their stuff, are the ones making sure you still have "new" stuff to download. Without them, you're fucked,

How does paying for a download differ from paying for a physical product? I imagine the only difference is that the record company make far more profits from downloads, as the costs are minimal.

I would gladly have paid for the NOTW set on a USB stick or something, but it wasn't offered. It's rather like asking me to buy a bag of coal for the fire, when I have central heating!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 pm

I, personally believe that record companies and artists make comparitively VERY little from downloads, and even less from streaming, compared to the companies that host such services. Apple have pretty much got it wrapped, and then to add insult to injury, they avoid paying tax on the vast sums they milk out of the music industry.

It's become a necessary evil to be involved with it, because otherwise the artists would get cock all from the traffic of their music at all.

As regards the consumer, it's all a matter of personal choice. At home, when it comes to just audio listening, I don't play digital music AT ALL. The whole concept of it is repulsive to me. If it doesn't go on a good old fashioned turntable, then it doesn't get played. I appreciate that others might actually like an empty house, but I enjoy having stuff I've worked for, around me. Personal choice.

Anyway, your analogy of a bag of coal, would have been better suited if you had downloaded a picture of a nice warm fireplace, as that would be about as real, in the physical world, as a downloaded piece of music.

:lookround:
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On