Record Store Day 2018 - Any Queen Related Release?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Record Store Day 2018 - Any Queen Related Release?

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:16 am

So with this years Record Store Day rapidly approaching (21st April) are there any rumours or possible Queen related releases happening?

It really is a chance for QPL to produce something for the Fans, a unique release that appeals to the collectors amongst us. If only Queen would follow the lead set by the people dealing with Bowie's catalogue, just look at the link below with envy to see what the Bowie fanbase is getting.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-record-store-day-2018/

Link to the official RSD website

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/Home

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Re: Record Store Day 2018 - Any Queen Related Release?

Postby Sir Didymus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm

As part of that Bowie fanbase, can I just say that I'm not pleased with this situation happening again.

It was a nightmare getting hold of last year's exclusives - I didn't really want to repeat the stress of it again this year. URGH.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Guru » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:00 pm

RT - Journey's End 10" Yellow vinyl

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Guru » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:As part of that Bowie fanbase, can I just say that I'm not pleased with this situation happening again.

It was a nightmare getting hold of last year's exclusives - I didn't really want to repeat the stress of it again this year. URGH.

I suspect the stampede to the Zeppelin single will be even greater

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Kevinrm15 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:As part of that Bowie fanbase, can I just say that I'm not pleased with this situation happening again.

Wasn't Cracked Actor (Los Angeles '74) later released on CD ? I'm sure the 78 live album will be the same. Fingers crossed !!

Kevinrm15
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Kevinrm15 wrote:

Wasn't Cracked Actor (Los Angeles '74) later released on CD ? I'm sure the 78 live album will be the same. Fingers crossed !!

It was. Though I decided when the box-set range was announced that, as my Bowie collection was a mix of original and reissue vinyl pressing and Ryko/EMI/deluxe CDS, I'd buy everything in the new range on vinyl for consistency.

As such... the cds are no good to me this time. I need the vinyl to keep the collection going!
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Sir Didymus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:08 pm

First time on vinyl for the I Want It All / We Will Rock You mashup that was made for Sucker Punch.

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/r ... t-various/

OST / Various - Sucker Punch
Format:
1LP Transparent Green
Label:
Music On Vinyl
More Info:
Sucker Punch is a 2011 dystopian fantasy steampunk action thriller film directed by Zack Snyder and co-written by Snyder and Steve Shibuya.The film stars Emily Browning, as a young woman who is committed to a mental institution.Sucker Punch: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was considered one of the best soundtracks of 2011, reaching number twenty-two on the Billboard 200, and number 1 in the Top Soundtracks chart.Soundtrack produced by Marius de Vriesfeaturing Björk, Skunk Anansie, Emilíana Torrini, Queen a.o. + covers of songs by The Smiths, Pixies, Eurythmics and Roxy Music by Emily Browning. First time on vinyl! First pressing of 1,000 numbered copies on transparent vinyl MOVATM release, housed in a deluxe PVC protection sleeve, package includes a printed innersleeve + exclusive bonus poster

phpBB [video]
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Kes » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:05 am

Guru wrote:RT - Journey's End 10" Yellow vinyl

From what I've seen, this time it's a two track black vinyl 10", featuring just Journey's End and the instrumental version.

Plenty of other interesting stuff in the schedule though, normally I find about two or three releases that I'd quite like, this time it's more like about a dozen, or so.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Sir Didymus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

Kes wrote:
Guru wrote:RT - Journey's End 10" Yellow vinyl

From what I've seen, this time it's a two track black vinyl 10", featuring just Journey's End and the instrumental version.

Plenty of other interesting stuff in the schedule though, normally I find about two or three releases that I'd quite like, this time it's more like about a dozen, or so.

I'm the opposite way around this year... it's really 3 of the 4 Bowie releases, plus the Lulu album, and maaaaaaybe the Toyah reissue. But thankfully that's it!
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby kurgan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm

I got the 10" black vinyl UK RSD release today.
It plays at 45rpm and has far less crackle and pop than the US import I got last year.
I uploaded a clip to YouTube, if you fancy a listen to the instrumental version just click on the link in my signature.

kurgan
We Will Rock You

Postby FCB101 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:44 am

Bowie Welcome to the blackout (live Earls Court 78): THAT is a RSD release as it should be! Very happy I have it.

Couldn't care less for RT's release...

FCB101
Spread Your Wings

Return to The Show Must Go On