50th Anniversary Queen 2021

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: 50th Anniversary Queen 2021

Postby bigV » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 am

VaudevilleDeMille wrote:I decided to hear how well WIAWI fit into Innuendo as a taster first and I was suitably hyped up for Innuendo as the former track had finished but I forgot I'd left my ipod on shuffle.

So instead of sturring military drums following WIAWI, I got Delilah instead and fell about laughing.

Great story! :lol:

Thanks for sharing :)

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 am

Oh, no worries. :)

Going back to the topic at hand with some wishful thinking:
A Blu-Ray boxset of all the promo vids and select live performances (The Rainbow, Odeon, Earl's Court, any footage of Houston, The Bowl, Live Aid, Budapest and Wembley) would be good.

I know that most of them have been released already but it'd be nice to have it all in one complete package.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am

bigV wrote:
VaudevilleDeMille wrote:This is just roving into the realms of fantasy, but the 50th year would be the perfect time to launch the long rumoured/bubbling 'Anthology/From The Vaults' style project with 3 quarterly boxsets each focusing on a different era with demos and live performances. Plus maybe a separate remastering/re-release of the 12" collection and a reworked version of Live Killers without censorship and a couple of extra tracks.

FTV1- '70-'75
FTV2- -'76-'82
FTV3- '84/'85-'91

Maybe the timescales need work, but to me that seems like a 'now or never' type deal. The again, perhaps it's just a case of wanting the moon when you already have the finest cheese on hand.

I would much rather they release 5 sets of 3 albums each than 3 sets of 5 albums. It makes more sense even:

Early Days
Queen
Queen II
Sheer Heart Attack

Experimental Period
A Night At The Opera
A Day At The Races
News Of The World

Middle Period
Jazz
The Game
Flash Gordon

Early 80s
Hot Space
A Kind Of Magic
The Works

Final Chapter
The Miracle
Innuendo
Made In Heaven

Thematically, the albums fit very nicely into groups of three. I often think of the last three albums as one epic three-part album. Try it, it works great.

V.

You have to hope they're looking at Bowie's reissue catalogue thinking: "Why didn't we do that?"

He's barely let a single demo slip in his post-death master-plan so far (which is why Let's Dance was a total surprise this year), but the stuff he did pencil in around the box-sets - BOWPROMO, The Gouster, Cracked Actor, Welcome to the Blackout - plus the new mixes of things like Stage and Lodger, have been utterly worth every penny.

I wouldn't be surprised if, when the box-set range is over, he's mapped out an entire demos/rarities masterplan too, the clever bugger.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby bigV » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:20 am

Sir Didymus wrote:You have to hope they're looking at Bowie's reissue catalogue thinking: "Why didn't we do that?"

To quote a great English poet: "It's late... but not too late."

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Previous

Return to The Show Must Go On