Queen - bond song

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Queen - bond song

Postby Welshqueenfan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:33 pm

watching an old brian q&a he said he once wrote a bond song that was rejected, anyone know what song that was?

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen - bond song

Postby TheHero » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Welshqueenfan wrote:watching an old brian q&a he said he once wrote a bond song that was rejected, anyone know what song that was?

Hmmm... Interesting

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Frank » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:51 am

First time I'm hearing of this. Got a link to the Q&A? Or how I might find it?

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Formerly known as Lover Boy.

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 am

Yeah, I've never heard of this either, and to my knowledge most of the unused Bond themes that have been rejected over the years (Blondie, Johnny Cash, Alice Cooper etc.) are known about.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Welshqueenfan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:15 am

its on the youtube page, the fan club interview with jackie

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Queen really should have done a Bond theme...and even Brian on is own could have written a great one too with an appropriate guest vocal.

I recall a soapbox message from him a few years ago stating that he was very excited about a very big film project he had been asked to write for/contribute to and to 'watch this space' as all very secretive, but nothing came of it. Could have been a Bond/Disney type thing he was asked to submit a piece for but that never got picked up?

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm

cmsdrums wrote:Queen really should have done a Bond theme...and even Brian on is own could have written a great one too with an appropriate guest vocal.

I recall a soapbox message from him a few years ago stating that he was very excited about a very big film project he had been asked to write for/contribute to and to 'watch this space' as all very secretive, but nothing came of it. Could have been a Bond/Disney type thing he was asked to submit a piece for but that never got picked up?

I think I'm right in saying that Brian wrote 'Another World' for the movie Sliding Doors and for whatever reason the song got rejected. Could that be the quote you are referring to?

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:58 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:
cmsdrums wrote:Queen really should have done a Bond theme...and even Brian on is own could have written a great one too with an appropriate guest vocal.

I think I'm right in saying that Brian wrote 'Another World' for the movie Sliding Doors and for whatever reason the song got rejected. Could that be the quote you are referring to?

Possibly....although I'm sure the article I'm referring to was a lot more recent than that...I'll have a hunt when I get a mo!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby WeeMann » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 pm

This has been discussed previously, but at the time there was nothing from an official source:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2471&hilit=james+bond
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 pm

This reminds me of the thing I heard once, I think it was discussed on here a while ago, how supposedly Princes of The Universe was originally 'Masters of The Universe" and was going to be used in a He-Man movie. But I don't think anyone could come up with any substantiation for that.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Welshqueenfan » Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 am

https://youtu.be/0d7h1TZeae4 forward it to 27.30 brian answers the bond question

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby ultrasoundz » Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 pm

I think if there was ever a good reason for Queen+Adam Lambert to record something together this would be it... the perfect vehicle for Adam's rather hammy Broadway vocal style... sometimes criticised by others but in the right context (including their concerts) I think it's great.
http://www.colvex.co.uk ...the baddest things happen in threes

ultrasoundz
Spread Your Wings

Postby Welshqueenfan » Wed May 02, 2018 6:13 pm

But the question is, what song did brian present to the bond people and was it used in another project instead? Surely it would have been named after a bond film and maybe is a hidden gem that we may hear one day

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am

Welshqueenfan wrote:Surely it would have been named after a bond film and maybe is a hidden gem that we may hear one day

Occasionally when a Bond song is rejected the artist will rename it/rework the lyrics and release it as something else. Case in point - "The Juvenile" by Ace of Base was originally a theme for GoldenEye. So just because Brian's never released anything with a Bond title doesn't mean he hasn't released his rejected theme.

That said, I can't think of anything he's done that really screams "James Bond music".
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Welshqueenfan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:34 am

maybe he ll dig it out for lambert to sing on a future bond film. brian has mentioned in the past that he would do one if asked.

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On