Which song might get greater attention due to the biopic?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Which song might get greater attention due to the biopic?

Postby Dear Friends » Sun May 20, 2018 10:30 am

So from the trailer, and the mass market nature of the project, it is very clear the soundtrack will be greatest hits dominated.. There may, however, be various reasons why somewhat more obscure album tracks might feature incidentally or when needed for the narrative. For example a hot space or mr bad guy song during the Berlin period. An early song may be needed to show them moving up in the world (I'd bet they'll go towards killer queen than seven seas or keep yourself alive?) Incidental backdrop music might see hooks like dragon attack getting dropped over road footage etc.

Which non-massive hit song (I'm not ruling out lesser singles) do you think could experience a resurgence due to its inclusion on the soundtrack? Or simply - what songs do you think might end up on the soundtrack for narrative reasons?

I think a lot of people might choose show must go on due to its possible end credit positioning of course
Enjoying the board these days, thanks all!

Dear Friends
Spread Your Wings

Re: Which song might get greater attention due to the biopic

Postby cmsdrums » Sun May 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Potentially ‘It’s A Hard Life’.... right time period, a Freddie song and subject matter possibly fitting the story arc of the film.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby tatsuyauesugi » Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Was It All Worth It, if possible with a reworking in the style of the Rocks Retake of I Can't Live With You. Another unreleased song like Let Me In Your Heart Again would be the icing on the cake.

tatsuyauesugi
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 pm

So, one thing I can't shake off is how great the vocal sample from Bo Rhap sounds over the AOBTD beat. And it's making me wish Queen had their own Giles Martin, capable of producing a 'LOVE' style mash-up mix-tape of their work.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to hear it...
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby WeeMann » Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 am

Sir Didymus wrote:So, one thing I can't shake off is how great the vocal sample from Bo Rhap sounds over the AOBTD beat. And it's making me wish Queen had their own Giles Martin, capable of producing a 'LOVE' style mash-up mix-tape of their work.

I agree, but I can't see any way of it happening without it reeking of a Beatles copy.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am

True, but heck, that's not a bad thing as such. Besides, the trailer mash-up song was amazing and to miss out on an opportunity to hear more of that stuff will be painful.

The little mash-ups found on Made In Heaven (last 40 seconds of Mother Love combining the 'Eyyyyy-oh!' vocal improv from Wembley and 'Goin Back') were incredible. Queen's music is versatile enough to get the remix/mashup treatment and sound fresh in the process.

As far as the original question goes, lesser known tracks I think will be either played, referenced or named are as follows (incomplete list):

[/Queenb]
Keep Yourself Alive
Liar
Great King Rat
My Fairy King
Modern Times Rock n' Roll

[b]Queen II

White Queen (as It Began)
Some Day, One Day
Loser In The End
The Black Side

Sheer Hear Attack

Brighton Rock
TF/FOTW/LOTV
Stone Cold Crazy
Misfire
BBTLB
Lap Of The Gods

A Night At The Opera

Death/Lazing/Car
'39- (confirmed?)
Sweet Lady
Seaside Rendezvous
Love Of My Life
Good Company

Day At The Races

Take My Breath Away
Millionaire Waltz
White Man
Teo Torriate
You And I

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm

I just had the thought that it would be pretty cool if they had something in the movie about the recording of The Prophet's Song. But I guess Bohemian Rhapsody would overshadow that.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby leto » Wed May 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:So, one thing I can't shake off is how great the vocal sample from Bo Rhap sounds over the AOBTD beat. And it's making me wish Queen had their own Giles Martin, capable of producing a 'LOVE' style mash-up mix-tape of their work.

A "LOVE" style mash-up would be amazing. A few years ago, I produced myself 44 minutes of Queen & Freddie Solo materials, using a lot of acappella and vocals tracks. I think it gives a good idea if you can access to all the Queen multitracks.
The entire video :
phpBB [video]

Or just the soundtrack : https://soundcloud.com/sebastienbede/op ... h-and-feel

leto
Spread Your Wings

Postby Pestopasta » Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Body Language.
Of course.

Pestopasta
Spread Your Wings

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Postby Broooklyn » Thu May 24, 2018 5:23 am

leto wrote:
A "LOVE" style mash-up would be amazing. A few years ago, I produced myself 44 minutes of Queen & Freddie Solo materials, using a lot of acappella and vocals tracks. I think it gives a good idea if you can access to all the Queen multitracks.
The entire video :
phpBB [video]

:shock: This is utterly friggin' Brilliant!!
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

Hindsight 9/11 Superman/Hero

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am

Could it be possible that Hot Space could get a resurge in popularity?

Obviously, it's poor reception looks to be a main 'conflict' arc in the film but times have changed and I think the film could open the album up to a new audience.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Postby leto » Mon May 28, 2018 9:32 am

Broooklyn wrote:
leto wrote:
The entire video :
phpBB [video]

:shock: This is utterly friggin' Brilliant!!

Thank you Broooklyn :)

leto
Spread Your Wings

Postby sbrown » Mon May 28, 2018 2:17 pm

cmsdrums wrote:Potentially ‘It’s A Hard Life’.... right time period, a Freddie song and subject matter possibly fitting the story arc of the film.

For the same reason, I hope Let Me In Your Heart Again gets a bit more exposure.
Although I would love for this to be the thing that makes State Of Shock hit the airwaves.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Mon May 28, 2018 2:41 pm

While we know the Hot Space era does feature at least a little bit in the film (apart from the fact the film covers all of Queen's history with Freddie, there is a promo photo of them at a press conference with the Hot Space artwork on the walls behind them), I can't see the music from that album getting much of a run. For starters, the two active remaining members of Queen have stated that they never particularly liked that album and they are a big part of the decision-making process when it comes to this movie. Secondly, I've seen the list of all the actors and the roles they're playing somewhere online a while ago, and David Bowie doesn't feature as a 'character'. If he and, therefore, 'Under Pressure' don't feature in the story, I can't see the rest of the album getting much of a mention. The era, of course, has to feature (Munich in the early 1980s), but I suspect the album is just going to be glossed over.

I've wondered myself which songs will feature that aren't on any of the Greatest Hits albums. I fear that the movie's soundtrack will resemble pretty closely the 'Absolute Greatest' compilation of the compilation albums, but of course with a promo photo of the movie (maybe one of those purple ones doing the rounds now), but it'd be so awesome to have the less prominent Queen tracks all of a sudden thrust prominently into a very large world-wide spotlight. I've said to a number of people who have mentioned the movie to me that one thing this movie has the potential of doing is giving everyone the chance to see what I've been on about all these years.
Greatest Hits type tracks will certainly help, as everyone knows them, even if they somehow don't realise all of them are Queen, but as we all know, there are SO many gems as album tracks, B-sides, solo tracks, ect, that to limit Queen to just the 34 (or 51 if you include GH3) songs would just be a shame.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby sbrown » Mon May 28, 2018 6:15 pm

agkelly wrote:Secondly, I've seen the list of all the actors and the roles they're playing somewhere online a while ago, and David Bowie doesn't feature as a 'character'.

you sure?
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2976920/?ref_=tt_cl_t12

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On