Bohemian Rhapsody possible plot leak

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Bohemian Rhapsody possible plot leak

Postby Welshqueenfan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:30 am

Ive stumbled upon the plot for the film for those interested.

Freddie born in Zanzibar, moves to india aged 8, the moustache already growing, plays piano in the school band which breaks up when the lead singer dies of malaria.
Freddies finally leaves boarding school aged 17 and joins his Indian family in England where he has a paper round in their corner shop. Freddie eventually starts his own business called "delilahs" in the local market, selling fur coats he makes out of the local stray cat population.
Whilst going around the local college selling his coats, he sees a band that are looking for a singer, due to their singer catching a rare form of malaria called humpty bong.
He joins the band, shaves his moustache for a few years and they play a few nonsense songs he heard in india, which strangely become big hits. The band go on to be managed by elton john.
During the 80s, Freddie is encouraged by the LGBT community to grow back his moustache and to date men to boost the profile of the band. It is here that Freddie meets Paul Gambaccini in a night club, who tells Freddie to "do everything with everybody". He becomes really good friends with Paul, despite only briefly speaking to him in a club that night.
The film ends with Live Aid, a concert for starving Indians set up by Midge Ure. Freddie makes a big effort to impress here, as he knew his old school friends would be watching.
Just before the gig, Freddie has a call from his doctor who tells him he has Malaria, caught whilst playing in his school band in India. The LGBT community convince Freddie to say he has AIDS beacuse its a new upcoming trendy disease which will raise the profile of the band.
Freddie dies of complications of malaria and man flu and tells the band that his favourite singer paul rodgers must take his place in the band.

The soundtrack to the film is -

Keep yourself alive
She makes me
good company
long away
all dead all dead
fat bottomed girls
flash
Crash Dive on Mingo City
we will rock you
las palabras de amor
who wants to live forever
no one but you

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody possible plot leak

Postby icy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:42 am

Welshqueenfan wrote:Ive stumbled upon the plot for the film for those interested.

Freddie born in Zanzibar, moves to india aged 8, the moustache already growing, plays piano in the school band which breaks up when the lead singer dies of malaria.
Freddies finally leaves boarding school aged 17 and joins his Indian family in England where he has a paper round in their corner shop. Freddie eventually starts his own business called "delilahs" in the local market, selling fur coats he makes out of the local stray cat population.
Whilst going around the local college selling his coats, he sees a band that are looking for a singer, due to their singer catching a rare form of malaria called humpty bong.
He joins the band, shaves his moustache for a few years and they play a few nonsense songs he heard in india, which strangely become big hits. The band go on to be managed by elton john.
During the 80s, Freddie is encouraged by the LGBT community to grow back his moustache and to date men to boost the profile of the band. It is here that Freddie meets Paul Gambaccini in a night club, who tells Freddie to "do everything with everybody". He becomes really good friends with Paul, despite only briefly speaking to him in a club that night.
The film ends with Live Aid, a concert for starving Indians set up by Midge Ure. Freddie makes a big effort to impress here, as he knew his old school friends would be watching.
Just before the gig, Freddie has a call from his doctor who tells him he has Malaria, caught whilst playing in his school band in India. The LGBT community convince Freddie to say he has AIDS beacuse its a new upcoming trendy disease which will raise the profile of the band.
Freddie dies of complications of malaria and man flu and tells the band that his favourite singer paul rodgers must take his place in the band.

The soundtrack to the film is -

Keep yourself alive
She makes me
good company
long away
all dead all dead
fat bottomed girls
flash
Crash Dive on Mingo City
we will rock you
las palabras de amor
who wants to live forever
no one but you

:whatthat: :rockedover: :horse:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Faellie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Spoiler! :
Surely proper forum etiquette requires that information to be hidden behind a spoiler?

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:07 pm

The amount of irony is hilarious! :lol:

Whoever came up with this, I hope they didn't bite their tongue what with it being so far into their cheek!
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby parchedpeas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:41 pm

That playlist is the same as the CD Brian May puts on in his car on the way to work.

Queen Greatist Hits 4.

Just need WWRY with Dappy on vocals.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby Soul Brother » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 am

Apparently there's a post credits scene............

A 3 year old Adam Lambert is watching Live Aid and says he wants to join Queen. This leads nicely into the sequel which covers 1986-2014 in the first 10 minutes. The rest of film is about Queen's comeback featuring the greatest voice since the turn of the millenium.
Each morning I get up and die a little....
Our lives dictated by tradition, superstition, false religion
I feel like no one ever told the truth to me.
About growing up and what a struggle it would be....

Soul Brother
Spread Your Wings

Postby Champs » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Love it. :)
YES INDEED!

Champs
We Will Rock You

Grumbling

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Additional details/scenes leaked! Someone get a cloth:

Everytime John goes to speak, a sound effect covers up whatever he says. Mic feedback, a cat yowling, a cymbal crash and at one point David Bowie belching loudly.

Cats will feature in every shot a at Garden Lodge, in some instances happily nesting in Brian's hair.

Jazz WILL feature in the film, but due to time constraints, we see the band record a single note in the studio between them then cutting to a shot of the launch party with everyone praising the album.

There is some speculation that '39 will be played live in 1974/5 instead of a couple of years later. That is not the case. What's being played is actually a twee folksy version of Stone Cold Crazy.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Return to The Show Must Go On