Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Re: Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:49 pm
Wish I could see his Instagram video but I don't have an account.

Edit: I think I found the video on Youtube...

I'm concerned. Very.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I'm very concerned too. But Brian has been through rough patches before and persevered. I believe in him.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:24 pm
I'm very concerned too. But Brian has been through rough patches before and persevered. I believe in him.
Heart attacks are very hard to go through and the recovery time isn't easy. I've known extended family who had "small" heart attacks, and they were never the same after. Even climbing stairs exhausted them.
Thing is, Brian is at risk for another heart attack, that is what is making me very concerned as well as the above video. I've never seen Brian like it.
I think people should not be surprised if the shows next year do not happen.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Black Wings wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Frank wrote:
Heart attacks are very hard to go through and the recovery time isn't easy. I've known extended family who had "small" heart attacks, and they were never the same after. Even climbing stairs exhausted them.
Thing is, Brian is at risk for another heart attack, that is what is making me very concerned as well as the above video. I've never seen Brian like it.
I understand all too well the risks that are associated with someone prone to heart attacks. Several years ago my father had a heart attack and had to undergo triple bypass surgery. Since then he's had to be careful with his diet, exercise, and check with his doctor. It took some adjusting but he's healthier now, and hopefully he won't have any further issues with his heart. But the fear is always there. With Brian, he's already been exercising and it appears his diet is already healthier than most. So getting into a healthy lifestyle shouldn't be a big adjustment for him. Of course, I won't presume to understand his current health and what his doctors advise. But I have faith Brian will do what's best for him. If he has to cancel future tours, so be it. I'd rather he be with us longer than over exert himself on tour and something happen.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:26 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Frank wrote:
I understand all too well the risks that are associated with someone prone to heart attacks. Several years ago my father had a heart attack and had to undergo triple bypass surgery. Since then he's had to be careful with his diet, exercise, and check with his doctor. It took some adjusting but he's healthier now, and hopefully he won't have any further issues with his heart. But the fear is always there. With Brian, he's already been exercising and it appears his diet is already healthier than most. So getting into a healthy lifestyle shouldn't be a big adjustment for him. Of course, I won't presume to understand his current health and what his doctors advise. But I have faith Brian will do what's best for him. If he has to cancel future tours, so be it. I'd rather he be with us longer than over exert himself on tour and something happen.
My best to your father. Odd thing, I thought it would be a heart attack that would take my father, but it ended up being cancer.
And I agree with you. The last thing I'd want Brian to feel as if he's pressured to tour. I hope he isn't or will not feel that way, because I would absolutely hate it if something dreadful happened to him on tour.
I've been outspoken about some things regarding Brian in recent years, but I wouldn't want something awful to happen to him. At any time.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Quiet.

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

I think it's impossible to say today, how Brian's health and also Roger's will be like in 2021. Not to forget the other members !

What worries me a lot more at the moment is the general Corona situation, as this virus makes no signs of going away or becoming less threatening.
And all the necessary lockdowns already have a devastating effect on the whole live music scene. More and more clubs and even huge venues will soon go broke, concert promoters are in financial trouble with every show cancelled since March and no end in sight.
So I'm more worried, that even if the band is healthy and ready to go in 2021, has Corona really been defeated then? And is the concert scene still functioning then?
Not to forget our own health, the virus is still around.... :cry:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

^^^ Agree with that and I think Brian is doing a lot better and will hopefully be fine for the tour if it goes ahead but there's no way to know how long this pandemic will still be affecting things, just keeping fingers crossed they don't have to reschedule again.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Old Man wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm
I think it's impossible to say today, how Brian's health and also Roger's will be like in 2021. Not to forget the other members !

What worries me a lot more at the moment is the general Corona situation, as this virus makes no signs of going away or becoming less threatening.
And all the necessary lockdowns already have a devastating effect on the whole live music scene. More and more clubs and even huge venues will soon go broke, concert promoters are in financial trouble with every show cancelled since March and no end in sight.
So I'm more worried, that even if the band is healthy and ready to go in 2021, has Corona really been defeated then? And is the concert scene still functioning then?
Not to forget our own health, the virus is still around.... :cry:
Corona and recovery from a heart attack, I litreally cringe at the thought of it....yea it's a scary time right now for millions of people recovering from health issues. If there is no vaccine for corna next year, I wouldn't want anyone to be at risk for it, or even worse catching it. I'm worried for all the band members, fans, but especially Brian and Roger at their ages. Let's hope there is a cure for covid and soon.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 am
^^^ Agree with that and I think Brian is doing a lot better and will hopefully be fine for the tour if it goes ahead but there's no way to know how long this pandemic will still be affecting things, just keeping fingers crossed they don't have to reschedule again.
To heck with rescheduling if it comes to that. I'm hoping Brian doesn't have another heart attack, he's at bigger risk for that happening.