Queen+ Lambert & Helene Fischer

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Deakysghost

Queen+ Lambert & Helene Fischer

Post by Deakysghost »

On Spotify this morning. (Fri 20 Nov) the ‘Who Wants to Live Forever’ collaboration from the Helene Fischer German television show. It appears on her latest release ‘Meine Schönsten Momente’ (2cd)

Nicki

Re: Queen+ Lambert & Helene Fischer

Post by Nicki »

Helene Fischer also uploaded the video from that show in 2014 onto her channel.

QAL also played „I want it all“ (without Helene! :D ).

Right after I had watched these performances on TV back then, I bought a ticket to see them for the first time. ;)

Ray

Post by Ray »

Reading the thread title I can only think of - nein, danke. ;)

White Queen

Post by White Queen »

Ray wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:04 am Reading the thread title I can only think of - nein, danke. ;)
Me too! ( ;

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I‘m by no means a fan of Helene Fischer. But I never get the strong dislike by so many people here in Germany of her. She’s a real singer and looks beautiful as well. A hard worker. I guess, being the most successful feminine singer ever in this country brings a lot of envy. I don’t know.

Her yearly Christmas Show has become the most watched TV show since „Wetten,dass???“ got canceled. QAL needed some promo for their 8 concerts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland 2015. It had been a good deal for both sides.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Just because somebody is successful, doesn't mean you have to like it. Especially in music, where most successful stuff is cheap MC Donalds kind of music for the masses. That has nothing to do with envy, I just can't stand most of that so called "music".

Queen is a rather rare example of quality meeting huge success. Helene Fischer is neither quality, nor special. And being beautiful should be no argument for a musician lol. Most pop musicians look like models, since people tend to judge music by it's cover, not by what's the music like. Most of those "stars" know shit about music compared to real musicians. It's all about marketing and fashion. Of course the masses like that, most people know shit about music either and just listen what is on the charts without really being interested.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 am Just because somebody is successful, doesn't mean you have to like it. Especially in music, where most successful stuff is cheap MC Donalds kind of music for the masses. That has nothing to do with envy, I just can't stand most of that so called "music".

Queen is a rather rare example of quality meeting huge success. Helene Fischer is neither quality, nor special. And being beautiful should be no argument for a musician lol. Most pop musicians look like models, since people tend to judge music by it's cover, not by what's the music like. Most of those "stars" know shit about music compared to real musicians. It's all about marketing and fashion. Of course the masses like that, most people know shit about music either and just listen what is on the charts without really being interested.
Right. But her music has nothing at all to do with this topic. It’s about a Queen song performed by QAL and Helene.
People reacting with a „Please no“ are reacting to the persona herself in this moment, not her music.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Nicki wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 am
Ray wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 am Just because somebody is successful, doesn't mean you have to like it. Especially in music, where most successful stuff is cheap MC Donalds kind of music for the masses. That has nothing to do with envy, I just can't stand most of that so called "music".

Right. But her music has nothing at all to do with this topic. It’s about a Queen song performed by QAL and Helene.
People reacting with a „Please no“ are reacting to the persona herself in this moment, not her music.
For me that's both pretty much the same. Not a big fan of her voice either. I don't like collaborations of musicians who - to me - are in pretty different categories. If it was good for QAL or Adam to promote their stuff, good, if they had fun playing with her, good, still I don't have to like it. ;) Sometimes the easy explanations are the right ones, no reason to come up with more obscure reasons to justify an opinion.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

No, you don’t.
But I found it interesting to see, that many international fans had really liked this performance (some mentioned Helenes singing and looks -so that’s where I came from earlier), while most German comments on the early YT videos had been: „Why does QAL sank so low, that they’re performing at her show?“ and found it embarrassing.

And that’s actually mirrored a bit here in this topic. 2 fellow Germans look at the name in the headline and say „No thanks“. Well, your decision, IMO you’re missing out a special performance of WWTLF and a really good recording of IWIA. But that’s ok, you‘ll survive. 8-)

Ray

Post by Ray »

I think so too, I'll survive it. Good thing everyone likes different stuff and there is enough for everyone out here. ;)

But again, how somebody looks has absolutely nothing to do with music. You can appreciate good looks of course, but it doesn't make anyone's music any different or better than if the same music was from somebody not attractive. It's like you let yourself blind by someone's appearance and add that to the music, though it's two completely different things. But this works with many people, and that's why most pop stars look like models... coincidence? I don't think so. ;)