Album

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
WeeMann

Re: Album

Post by WeeMann »

Nicki wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:57 pm
I don’t think that‘s anything new. They went into a studio for a day during their North American Tour 2017 in Nashville. That’s all. If I remember it correctly, Roger has said last year, that the song they tried was written by „a friend“. They couldn’t crack it.

I don’t think there has been a serious try to create something new with Adam.
I forget which interview, but on Friday he said they'd spent a week or two in the studio over the last year, but nothing they came up with was good enough.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

WeeMann wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:43 am
I forget which interview, but on Friday he said they'd spent a week or two in the studio over the last year, but nothing they came up with was good enough.
Ah, thank you for the information! I saw quite a bit of Brian‘s loooooong Instagram Lives on Friday, where he was talking to Fans and more. But this one I missed.

So they finally gave it a more serious try. I like that. It’s okay, if nothing comes out of it, but it would have been a shame, if they had not even tried.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Having finally listened to Live Around the World, I have even less interest in an album with Lambert than I did before.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Roger about the song that they recorded in Nashville 2017. He says it’s actually damn good and he hopes that it will see the light. But Brian lost interest.
Damn, I would just want to hear, what the three of them can come up with. Bad or good.

Brian May ‘lost interest’ in writing new Queen music with Adam Lambert, says Roger Taylor
By Classic Rock ( Classic Rock )

(…)
Roger Taylor says that Brian May “suddenly lost interest” in a new Queen song the pair were writing with Adam Lambert, and admits “I don’t really know why.”

As revealed in Classic Rock in February, the trio worked on a track in Nashville during a gap in their US tour schedule: “It was a song that we'd tried to adapt that had come from a friend,” said Brian May. “It had the makings of being a great song, but we couldn't crack it. We couldn't get there.”

Interviewed in the new issue of Mojo magazine about the song, Roger Taylor says, “Brian suddenly lost interest and I don’t really know why.”

“We started it in Nashville when we were all quite tired,” Taylor admits. “We couldn’t decide on a title and the lyric felt a little too negative for Queen, maybe. But it was pretty damn good, and I hope it comes to light.”
(..)
source: https://www.loudersound.com/news/brian- ... ger-taylor

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

A quote that I love. And that some Queen fans won’t agree with. I did already post the article in the Roger section a couple of days ago. But I like that Classic Rock Magazine used that quote out of that long interview as a headline. Because I agree with that.
(So I guess that Brian is the one stopping them from recording and trying out new stuff.)

Kes

Post by Kes »

I guess Roger forgot about putting out You Are The Champions?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 pm I guess Roger forgot about putting out You Are The Champions?
Roger means to put out new music written by Queen (or rather QAL).

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Nah.

Having finally listened to Live Around the World, Adam's voice is every bit the generic talent show winner I took him for. Yes, he can hit the notes, but it's really not memorable in any way.

At least Paul Rodgers had a distinctive sound.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Just out of curiosity, since QAL started, how many tracks have they played off The Cosmos Rocks, that being the most recent original album to feature the Queen name?

If, as I suspect, the answer is zero, then that's all the reason you need to be a little bit concerned about the longevity of any such similar "new" venture.

Whatever you might consider the quality of TCR to be, it's evident that the experience of making the album, has made Brian and Roger draw a line above and below it, as regards recognising it's existence, and drawing from those songs for any continued live renditions of them.

If QAL made any new material, would it ever be played by anybody, either Brian, Roger, or Adam, outside of the QAL environment? Given the time frame Brian and Roger have left to them, the options are a bit limited, aren't they?

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Roger did redo a couple of them on Fun on Earth.