The Rhapsody Tour

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
whitequeen20

Re: The Rhapsody Tour

Post by whitequeen20 »

Kes wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:13 am Last I'll post here about John Mayer, but here's his 'pop' side.

Before you say it, yes he looks awkward, and scruffy in the video, because that's what the message in the song's all about.

He's basically a blues guitarist, at heart, but out of that, he's managed to branch out into pop, country, and a number of different styles. Strangely enough, it's that ability in musicianship that drew me to Queen, in the first place. Someone determined not to be pinned into one bag.
I'm not really a pop fan, definitely prefer the blues style more tbh. I don't mind some country music, depends on the style, I'll check out his less pop stuff. Being scruffy doesn't bother me I'm actually more a fan of a casual look.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Start with his Continuum album then, it's the most blues orientated, out of the lot of his studio albums, I think.

His live album/DVD/bluray Where The Light Is the best of his cross section, and it includes most of Continuum plus a blues trio live set. Three concerts in one.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:13 am Last I'll post here about John Mayer, but here's his 'pop' side.

Before you say it, yes he looks awkward, and scruffy in the video, because that's what the message in the song's all about.

He's basically a blues guitarist, at heart, but out of that, he's managed to branch out into pop, country, and a number of different styles. Strangely enough, it's that ability in musicianship that drew me to Queen, in the first place. Someone determined not to be pinned into one bag.
News flash: John Mayer is a good lookin guy, too, and a notorious ladies man! I’ve forgotten how many celebrity girlfriends he has had!

Yes, being versatile is a plus! That is what we like about Adam and what makes HIM such a good fit for Queen music!

John’s harem:

http://www.wonderwall.com/celebrity/cou ... toId=10001

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:26 am

News flash: John Mayer is a good lookin guy, too, and a notorious ladies man! I’ve forgotten how many celebrity girlfriends he has had!

Yes, being versatile is a plus! That is what we like about Adam and what makes HIM such a good fit for Queen music!

John’s harem:

http://www.wonderwall.com/celebrity/cou ... toId=10001
Does it matter how many celebrity girlfriends he had?
John's harem?
Gee, he had girlfriends like countless men throughout the ages. I'd rather talk about his music than his personal life.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Stop pouncing on everything I write, icy!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:58 am Stop pouncing on everything I write, icy!
Not pouncing at all , replying to your post, one today is hardly pouncing on everything you write.
Btw, I changed my username, please use it from now on.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Black Wings wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:02 am
carolb57 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:58 am Stop pouncing on everything I write, icy!
Not pouncing at all , replying to your post, one today is hardly pouncing on everything you write.
But you haven’t changed. No matter what time of day I post, you are there ready to put me down. It is so weird!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 am
Black Wings wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:02 am
But you haven’t changed. No matter what time of day I post, you are there ready to put me down. It is so weird!
I said I changed my username. I replied to you once and now twice to you today here, that's hardly pouncing on you and putting you down. Why you felt the need to bring up John Mayer's past relationships, I can't figure it out, even more the way you labelled it as a harem and him as a notorious ladies man...just why? You posted about his past relationships when no one was even discussing it at all, would you want the discussion turned to his past relationships nown for some reason?

I can honestly say this, I like John Mayer's music because I think it's good music that he does and he's a talented guy. And he's very versatile indeed, like I said he'd one of the very few few who have been original since he hit the big time nearly two decades ago. I like every direction he has taken music wise, although I do like some of his songs more than others. Waiting On The World To Change is pretty timely right now.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Nobody, and I say, nobody, talks like the celebrity ladies in the powder room.

If JCM was selling them short, it wouldn't have got past Jennifer Anniston, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, about 30 others, and Jennifer Anniston, again. Unless these powerful women with money just like playing Russian Roulette, he must have some pretty good press being written on the toilet cubicle walls.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:54 am Nobody, and I say, nobody, talks like the celebrity ladies in the powder room.

If JCM was selling them short, it wouldn't have got past Jennifer Anniston, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, about 30 others, and Jennifer Anniston, again. Unless these powerful women with money just like playing Russian Roulette, he must have some pretty good press being written on the toilet cubicle walls.
Well, he has even a non fan labelling him as a notorious ladies man and posting a link about his past relationships.
Oh well, at least someone thinks JM is handsome. :lol: .
Would you want to start a thread about him in Another World, I can't post vids to start it off, and apparently I'm pouncing by replying to someone here.