The Rhapsody Tour

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
midnight sky

Re: The Rhapsody Tour

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:53 pm Ah right, Brisbane, that was insane! :lol:

I don't think they'll cancel the remaining tour dates. They all still want to do it, so they'll postpone again. I think the only thing that would make the concerts get cancelled would be health problems. Fortunately, it seems like Brian is well again. Let's hope it stays that way and they'll be back on stage again.
There is a shortage of the vaccines in some areas, Canada for example. If a shortage affects other countries, I can see these shows and many others being cancelled.
I haven't kept up with what Brian has been doing except for that stinking expensive perfume, but I hope he's doing better. Even this bitch :lol: hopes he is doing better these days. I know he misses being onstage, but his health is far more important.

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 pm

I don't think they'll cancel the remaining tour dates. They all still want to do it, so they'll postpone again. I think the only thing that would make the concerts get cancelled would be health problems. Fortunately, it seems like Brian is well again. Let's hope it stays that way and they'll be back on stage again.
There is a shortage of the vaccines in some areas, Canada for example. If a shortage affects other countries, I can see these shows and many others being cancelled.
I haven't kept up with what Brian has been doing except for that stinking expensive perfume, but I hope he's doing better. Even this bitch :lol: hopes he is doing better these days. I know he misses being onstage, but his health is far more important.
That's why I predict another postponement to 2022. It will take time until enough people are vaccinated to make big concerts like QAL possible. I think summer this year is too optimistic, as much as I'd like it myself.

Brian just posted this...

Nothing really worth making and uploading a video imo, but after what happened to him last year, I'm happy about every new video that shows him (apparently) healthy and in a good mood. :)

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 pm

That's why I predict another postponement to 2022. It will take time until enough people are vaccinated to make big concerts like QAL possible. I think summer this year is too optimistic, as much as I'd like it myself.

Brian just posted this...

Nothing really worth making and uploading a video imo, but after what happened to him last year, I'm happy about every new video that shows him (apparently) healthy and in a good mood. :)
Sometimes he looks so much like my father, not sure if I should admit to that or not.
I liked that clip, thanks for sharing. I'm glad he's keeping active.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Wow! QAL was #1 in touring in 2020!

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Well, getting closer to crunch time. UK is going well with vaccinations and Covid infection rates are coming sharply down but it still feels a lot more than 4 months away until 15000 people will be allowed in the o2. I can only assume they're kind of caught between wanting to cancel as far in advance as possible but would also like to wait to see if there's any chance a miracle could happen. Not looking good though, I guess you have to say.

I wonder if they did decide the shows can't go ahead, would they be able or want to move them back another year or would they just cancel out right this time?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Personally, I cannot see the concerts happen as planned in May and June. Here in Germany only about 3-4% of people have had their vaccination. The rest of Europe is similar.
Maybe they are waiting to decide, if they have to postpone it for another year or „only“ (let’s say) until next winter?

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

I'm not expecting the tour to go ahead at all. Actually, I don't expect any artist to tour world wide this year.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:44 pm Personally, I cannot see the concerts happen as planned in May and June. Here in Germany only about 3-4% of people have had their vaccination. The rest of Europe is similar.
Maybe they are waiting to decide, if they have to postpone it for another year or „only“ (let’s say) until next winter?
So far, all tour postponements I've seen recently have all gone to 2022. And those were some "smaller" bands who play for maybe 1000-3000 people. Nick Mason today also postponed the UK tour to next year...should have been in April. Rest of Europe tour will most likely be announced for 2022 as well very soon.

Tbh, I don't see ANY bigger concert happening in 2021. Arena concerts are still far away, that's why I expect QAL to postpone again to summer 2022. Winter would be too risky to postpone I think, or probably impossible anyways by predictions of today. 15000 people are A LOT and for the tour to happen they need to be able to go to multiple countries. Don't see this happening this year. Unfortunately, the endless waiting sucks!

They'll announce it in March at the latest I guess...last year they were one of the first to have new dates for next (this) year ready.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Well, we knew it was coming. All dates have been re-scheduled for next year. 2 new dates in Glasgow though, only an hour away so got tickets for both nights!

http://www.queenonline.com/news/uk-and- ... hows-added

This'll all be over by next summer....right?

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

BitterTears wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:23 am Well, we knew it was coming. All dates have been re-scheduled for next year. 2 new dates in Glasgow though, only an hour away so got tickets for both nights!

http://www.queenonline.com/news/uk-and- ... hows-added

This'll all be over by next summer....right?
Eh, that's not what the guys are doing. They Make far-reaching plans. You need to think about health and not shake your bones across the stage. I don't care about Lambert's health, as I'm worried about the old people.